Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

First I've got to say that I'm not really one of those guys that's always wondering who would win in a battle between Hulk and Superman or Galactus and Darkseid. However I was looking at two of my favorite characters one day that have very similar fighting skills and also have similar costumes in a way and I was wondering who would win in a fight between Deathstroke and Deadpool. What do you think?

p.s. It's about time we get a Deathstroke minifig.

So I got Windblade #1 and #2 yesterday, and I can definitely recommend them. So far I'm liking the cast and story, and it seems like a nice introduction into IDW's main transformer universe.and Mairghread Scott is probably my current favorite writer, I mean she worked on my two favorite Transformers Prime episodes. I'm eagerly awaiting more.

I was wondering who would win in a fight between Deathstroke and Deadpool. What do you think?

Probably Deadpool due to his healing factor and his 4th wall breaking skills.

So, who's read Forever Evil #7? I'm really excited now that

Lex Luthor knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman!

Don't know if this has already been mentioned (and it probably has), but what comics would you consider to be best to familiarize yourself with the Guardians of the Galaxy? I've done some research and read Bendis' take and these appear to be the best resources:

• Guardians of the Galaxy Legacy
  • Annihilation
  • Annihilation Conquest
  • And Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy

I've been wanting to read the Annihilations and Legacy but you can only find the digital copies because they're out of print and I'm a collector. I'll have to wait until August for Guardians of the Galaxy Legacy and an Annihilation Omnibus comes out in the beginning of May but it's going to be a hefty price at $125. I'll definitely be getting it on instocktrades.com

On a happier note, I've got Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 3, Morrison's JLA Vol 4, and Johns' Infinite Crisis coming in the mail!

I'd just begin reading the Bendis run. Start with the first trade, entitled "Cosmic Avengers." Then I imagine that you could skip to issue #14, which shouldn't be too hard to find, as around #7-13 of Guardians was inconsequential event tie-ins. That should save you around $100. :wink:

Edited by montyofmusic

I liked how Original Sin #1 had so many characters in it, but I didn't like how Emma Frost was Portrayed.

I read All-New X-Men #22 the other day, and I really love the X-Men's outfits! I'll try making Jean Grey's

outfit as a decal on Paint so I can make a custom minifig!

Probably Deadpool due to his healing factor and his 4th wall breaking skills.

So, who's read Forever Evil #7? I'm really excited now that

Lex Luthor knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman!

I read Forever Evil 7 earlier today and I've got to say I loved it. It will be interesting to see how this new Justice League functions, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Luthor and Batman interact with each other. I'm guessing that Flash and Supes will leave the team due to Cold and Luthor joining, which is a shame however it's great to see Shazam.

Speaking of Shazam I felt Mazahs was under used, maybe they should have brought him in at issue 5. Still this event as a whole was pretty awesome, the only down side it had was the constant delays that kept dragging it on.

I read Forever Evil 7 earlier today and I've got to say I loved it. It will be interesting to see how this new Justice League functions, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Luthor and Batman interact with each other. I'm guessing that Flash and Supes will leave the team due to Cold and Luthor joining, which is a shame however it's great to see Shazam.

Speaking of Shazam I felt Mazahs was under used, maybe they should have brought him in at issue 5. Still this event as a whole was pretty awesome, the only down side it had was the constant delays that kept dragging it on.

Yeah, I wish we could of also had some more back-story for Mazahs, like how he got his powers. Also, Justice League #30's final page was crazy!

Read Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir's first issue. It picks up after his Clone Wars takedown of Viszla and ascension over (some) Mandalorians. Looks like a good start. :thumbup:

Has anyone been reading Batman: The Hunt for Robin? I started at #28 and I am definitely enjoying it but I thought #31 was weaker than the other three I have read (still pretty good though). :classic:

Edited by Godtshep

Has anyone been reading Batman: The Hunt for Robin? I started at #28 and I am definitely enjoying it but I thought #31 was weaker than the other three I have read (still pretty good though). :classic:

I read the issue involving Aquaman and I thought it was awful. DC really need to up their game imo....although saying that, it's been like that for years.

I read the issue involving Aquaman and I thought it was awful. DC really need to up their game imo....although saying that, it's been like that for years.

Didn't think the Aquaman one was too bad, but there was some room for improvement. I think the ones with Wonder Woman and Two-Face were better.

Edited by Godtshep

Didn't think the Aquaman one was too bad, but there was some room for improvement. I think the ones with Wonder Woman and Two-Face were better.

Over all I've liked Batman and Robin/ Batman and guest, Nightwing was a great issue and the Batman and Robin annual 2 was also great. However the main problem I have especially with recent issues is the art. The art is what stops me picking up this series regularly.

This week is a bulky week for me, Batman 31, Nightwing 30, Flash 31, Batman eternal and maybe Secret origins.

Over all I've liked Batman and Robin/ Batman and guest, Nightwing was a great issue and the Batman and Robin annual 2 was also great. However the main problem I have especially with recent issues is the art. The art is what stops me picking up this series regularly.

This week is a bulky week for me, Batman 31, Nightwing 30, Flash 31, Batman eternal and maybe Secret origins.

And Future's End?

And Future's End?

I read the first 2 ( issue 0 and 1), but it's difficult to commit to a weekly series that will last 48 weeks. I'm on the close to dropping Batman eternal for the same reason, I could get another 2 series like Green Arrow and Justice League united. I did like futures end but I don't like long events, Forever evil was awesome but it took 8 months to complete which was pretty bad. I'll still get some of those hollow graphic covers though as I really liked last years.

That's understandable. Future's End is obviously leading up to the next new event come March. The Batman titles, Wonder Woman and Animal Man are the only DC comics that I buy.

Picked up ASM, thinking I'm going to get FF too.

Anyone here read Original Sin? I'm not sure what to think.

I have read #1 and it is decent.

So far, it's pretty decent. Their best event for a while and features A listers as well as B/C listers....which in my opinion, is always nice to see.

So far, it's good. I enjoy a good murder mystery. Plus, some new characters that I knew about, but never have seen in print.

Is anyone reading the current Black Widow series? I'm thinking about picking it up.

Do it! It's really enjoyable. If you like the new Hawkeye series, you'll enjoy this.

Do it! It's really enjoyable. If you like the new Hawkeye series, you'll enjoy this.

The only thing I'm currently reading is Amazing Spiderman. (I am looking around for some other stuff) I'm not too into Hawkeye.

The only thing I'm currently reading is Amazing Spiderman. (I am looking around for some other stuff) I'm not too into Hawkeye.

Well, I hope I haven't put you off!! Try it, I think it's really good. Definitely in the Top 5 titles they are currently putting out imo.

Well, I hope I haven't put you off!! Try it, I think it's really good. Definitely in the Top 5 titles they are currently putting out imo.

No no. I just asked my comic shop to add it to my pull list. :sweet:

So I'm also looking in to:

Fantastic Four (2014 Reboot)

Inhumans

Punisher

Miss Marvel

Elektra