Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

Does anyone know if Nightwing's New 52 series is worth reading? I like the character but I'm not sure if the series is good...

It's certainly one of the best Bat books in my opinion. It's easily in the top 3 for me along with Batgirl and Batman. It's a shame really that after issue 30 it's ending, the annual and issues 28,29 are incredible.however I would read Scott sunsets Batman if you already haven't as Nightwing crosses over here and there as he does with batgirl as well.

It's certainly one of the best Bat books in my opinion. It's easily in the top 3 for me along with Batgirl and Batman. It's a shame really that after issue 30 it's ending, the annual and issues 28,29 are incredible.however I would read Scott sunsets Batman if you already haven't as Nightwing crosses over here and there as he does with batgirl as well.

Okay thanks :sweet:

But did you mean Scott Snyder's Batman? Because I'm already reading that.

Edited by greeny

So other than picking up Harley Quinn #4 and Ms. Marvel #2 today, I also picked up IDW's "Monster Madman" and am having a very hard time forgiving myself for having not picked up Vertigo's "Federal Bureu of Physics" while I was there. Definitely picking that up on my next trip. The art in Monster Madman is rather scary in my opinion, I like it, might have to pick up more books with this artstyle up as well.

My son went to Forbidden Planet earlier and got Batman: Dark Knight #28, Batman and Two-Face #28, Superman Unchained #6 and a 75th Anniversary edition of Detective Comics #27.

Has anyone here read Last Son of Krypton? I can really recommend it of you find it anywhere.

Thanks! I may get a copy when I go to Forbidden Planet next,

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered Nightwing Volume 1 and 2 of Amazon. I'm excited to see how they tie into the Court of Owls story, especially with the revelations made at the end of Batman vol 1.

I went to Londoncomic mart at the weekend, and picked up some awesome graphic novels for a low price.

Watchmen

Saga volume 1,2 and 3

Batman the long Halloween

And All Star Superman

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered Nightwing Volume 1 and 2 of Amazon. I'm excited to see how they tie into the Court of Owls story, especially with the revelations made at the end of Batman vol 1.

Are you reffering to the revelation that Dick Grayson was related to that Talon? I'm also curious to see if it gets followed up on.

So today I decided to pick up the first 3 issues of Rogues Rebellion, and gotta say that I understand why the demand for these guys to get their own series is so high. Funny, new, and easy to understand, it's a damn shame the series ended. Here's to hoping we get more villains titles after Forever Evil. Then again, along with Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Lex Luthor (sometimes) and the Talon Mary, I don't consider the Rogues to be villains.

Are you reffering to the revelation that Dick Grayson was related to that Talon? I'm also curious to see if it gets followed up on.

So today I decided to pick up the first 3 issues of Rogues Rebellion, and gotta say that I understand why the demand for these guys to get their own series is so high. Funny, new, and easy to understand, it's a damn shame the series ended. Here's to hoping we get more villains titles after Forever Evil. Then again, along with Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Lex Luthor (sometimes) and the Talon Mary, I don't consider the Rogues to be villains.

Yes and that Dick's grandfather was a Talon as well.

I would also like the Rouge's to get their own series! I hope DC gives it a chance, seeing as how well Superior Foes of Spiderman appears to be doing.

I jurst finished reading Superman Doomsday aftermath and Iron Man Extrimis. I had never read the complete Extrimis series and it was nice to finally go through the whole thing. Doomsday Aftermath was interesting, it's pretty much a long collection of all of doomsday's appearances since the death of superman.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned (and it probably has), but what comics would you consider to be best to familiarize yourself with the Guardians of the Galaxy? I've done some research and read Bendis' take and these appear to be the best resources:

• Guardians of the Galaxy Legacy
  • Annihilation
  • Annihilation Conquest
  • And Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy

I've been wanting to read the Annihilations and Legacy but you can only find the digital copies because they're out of print and I'm a collector. I'll have to wait until August for Guardians of the Galaxy Legacy and an Annihilation Omnibus comes out in the beginning of May but it's going to be a hefty price at $125. I'll definitely be getting it on instocktrades.com

On a happier note, I've got Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 3, Morrison's JLA Vol 4, and Johns' Infinite Crisis coming in the mail!

GotG film or GotG comic? If it's for the film version of GtoG, then I'd say anything after the Annihilation: Conquest saga as it's pretty much the team that will appear on screen. Also, as you said, the new Bendis version too. But read the old stuff as well, it's all really enjoyable even if it has a different roster.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned (and it probably has), but what comics would you consider to be best to familiarize yourself with the Guardians of the Galaxy? I've done some research and read Bendis' take and these appear to be the best resources:

• Annihilation
  • Annihilation Conquest

I've been wanting to read the Annihilations and Legacy but you can only find the digital copies because they're out of print and I'm a collector. I'll have to wait until August for Guardians of the Galaxy Legacy and an Annihilation Omnibus comes out in the beginning of May but it's going to be a hefty price at $125. I'll definitely be getting it on instocktrades.com

On a happier note, I've got Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 3, Morrison's JLA Vol 4, and Johns' Infinite Crisis coming in the mail!

Marvel have just released a Guardians of the Galaxy prelude comic that is set in same universe as the film. So far only one has been released and it will run for a couple of issues.

At the moment it focuses on Thanos, nebula and Gamora's relationship with each other.

Does anyone else here read Earth 2? My son has read the first volume and part of the second- it's really good!

I read Nightwing Vol 1 and 2.

Volume 1- Traps and Trapezes. The Haly circus mystery was really entertaining, but sadly, the book added in alot of weak scenes to pad it out so Nightwing could get involved with the Court of Owls story. Some parts were great (like the final chapter) but there were some borderline awful parts (robot cowboys and voodoo demons). 6.5/10

Volume 2- Night of the Owls. This was a lot better. The Night of Owls crossover was brilliant and the other story line was also good. The only weak part was the rushed #0 issue at the end of the book. They awkwardly showed how Dick became Robin in just a single issue, so the whole thing felt really rushed. 8/10

Just read the new issue of Ms. Marvel. Love it. It's my favourite comic currently out at the moment and that includes all the great stuff Image is putting out. The last page....brilliantly drawn and loving the attention to detail. Highly recommended.

Has anyone read the new Amazing Spiderman #1? Apparently it's the best selling comic since 1999(!).

I'm normally a trade waiter, but I've made a few purchases recently:

Loki: Agent of Asgard #1

FCBD Rocket Racoon

FCBD Guardians of the Galaxy

Amazing Spiderman #1

New 52 Flash #20-#25

New 52 Detective comics #27 (The 80 page comic that celebrate 75 years of Batman)

FCBD Future's End #0

Edited by greeny

Meh....it's Spider-Man. Read it but it's nothing special in the slightest. But because he's returned - WOW - they're making a massive deal of it. Wolverine will be the next one.

Very disappointed with Rocket Raccoon. Thought Future's End was ok. Original Sin is better if you have a chance to read that.

Has anyone read any of the Batman Eternal comics yet?

I got Guardians of the Galaxy and Future's End #0 from FCBD as well. Haven'tread them yet but they look pretty good.

Oh, and I got All-Star Superman #1 and All-new Invaders #1 off of eBay... Does anyone else think an Invaders movie would be epic? Starring Gerrard Butler as Namor!

Yeah, enjoying the Batman Eternal series although I felt the new one - issue 5 - to be a bit of a let down when compared to the others.

The other day I went to a comic store. They didn't have anything I was specifically looking for, sadly, but I did pick up the 10th anniversary edition of Neil Gaiman's "Marvel 1602", which remains an amazing story (I'd read it once before, but didn't own it for myself in any form). Lots of great interviews with the creators (author/artist/colorist/letterer) transcribed in the back of the book as well!

Do they make individual comics for Robin? I wanna read some Robin on his own (not Nightwing) Also is there a teen titans/young justice regular comic? My local newsagents only has a few titles, and there's no dedicated comic store anywhere nearby.

I'm starting to get into Batman myself, and might start Justice League but it's a bit more expensive.

• Annihilation
  • Annihilation Conquest

The two Anihilation series and most of their sub series are utterly fantastic. This might be a better list as it put some of the key players on the map.

[Keith Geffen writing]

- Thanos 1-12 Asside from introducing Thanos and giving some background to a few others, it really re-introduces Peter Quill Starlord.

- Drax the Destroyer limited series Turns Drax from the classic purple caped idiot to the more thoughtful knife wielding maniac you will see in the movie.

- Anihilation gives you the Nova Corp (including Glen Closes character) Gamora, Starlord, Ronan, Drax, plus a bevy of others. Utterly fantastic main series. the Nova mini is great. Silver Surfer is decent. Super Skrull is meh. Ronan is not my favorite, but really introduces him and some others in the movie.

- Heralds of Galactus, just some clean up from Anihilation, 2 issues

[Dan Abnett and Andy Lansing writing]

- Nova ongoing (optional for GotG but the core of the then cosmic books)

- Anihilation Conquest, The best of the bunch. creates the new Guardians of the Galaxy. Just great in every way possible. Main series is amazing, the issues of Nova that crossover are utterly fantastic, the Starlord mini is where Guardians begins and is just perfect. The Wraith mini is... meh. Quasar is more or less ok. (main characters insufferably whiny, but great art and supporting cast) This is also a major Ultron story so it is useful to prep for Avengers.

- Anihilation Classic, Just reprints of the First appearance / origins of Rocket Raccoon, Nova, Quasar, Adam Warlock. not critical.

- Guardians of the Galaxy ongoing series volume 1 begins. (it also runs parallel to Nova ongoing)

- some minor crossovers into "Civil War", "Secret Invasion" only real item of interest is the Inhumans Secret War mini, which sets up them returning to the Kree.

- War of Kings, Kree vs Shiar at war. GotG involved. (for backstory see "XMen Rise and Fall of the Shiar")

- Realm of Kings (no main Realm of Kings series, rather it sis a crossover running through cosmic books and minis. Nova, GotG, Inhumans, Darkhawk, etc)

- Thanos Imperitive (major GotG story. GotG ongoing ends here.)

- Annihilators, Annihilators: earth-fall (2 meh miniseries about a galactics badass teamup. Rocket Raccoon and Groot backup story. Will be incomprehensible if you have not read RR origin in Annihilation Classic)

[brian Michael Bendis begins writing]

- Guardians of the Galaxy, new ongoing series

To put this in terms of the main movie characters

Peter Quill, Starlord - Thanos 7-12 -> Annihilation 1-6 -> Annihilation: Conquest Prologue -> Starlord -> Anihilation Conquest -> GotG ongoing series

Gamora - Ronan the Accuser -> Annihilation 1-6 -> Annihilation Conquest Prologue -> Nova (A:C issues I forget the numbers) -> Annihilation Conquest 1-6 -> GotG ongoing

Drax - Drax the Destroyer 1-4 -> Annihilation prologue -> Nova 1-4 -> Anihilation 1-6 -> Nova (A:C issues) -> Annihilation : Conquest 1-6 -> GotG ongoing

Rocket Raccoon - Starlord 1-4 -> Annihilation : Conquest 1-6 -> GotG ongoing

Groot - Starlord 1-4 -> Annihilation : Conquest 1-6 -> GotG ongoing

Hope that helps even if it is a bit late.

Has anyone read any of the Batman Eternal comics yet?

I'm waiting for the trade or omnibus to come out because it's likely to be cheaper than buying each weekly issue.

I recently read Kingdom Come which I enjoyed a lot.

I can't afford to read series with too many issues so I decided to look for more one shots.

Can anyone recommend any? DC or Marvel doesn't matter.

I'm currently planning on reading the two Superman Earth Ones and the Batman Earth One.