Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

I collect The Walking Dead TPB, but also buy them digitally, so I can keep current.

I keep meaning to order the first volume of Thief of Thieves, but I keep forgetting.

I'm planning on picking up a lot of the Marvel NOW stuff. Which starts next month with:

Uncanny Avengers

Red She-Hulk

Marvel Now! Point One

A + X

The first four look pretty good. Also I just finished reading Nightwing #0 which is incredible and has a nice origin story for Dick Grayson. Plus I love his updated Robin outfit.

I personally don't think he will....BUT I do think he could potentially get his own line of comics somewhere down the road! They set it pretty good for him to be a more noble hero and come back in a desperate time to be a great hero! I like how he has to learn to be humble now :sweet:

Also AvX finale next week!!! :wub: :wub:

October will be a month with a lot of great releases, so far I'll get:

-Amazing Spider-Man 695 & 696

-Avengers vs. X-Men 12

-AVX: VS 6

-AVX: Consequences 1, 2, 3 & 4

-MARVEL Universe vs. The Avengers 1

-A-Babies vs. X-Babies 1

-MARVEL Zombies Halloween 1

-A + X 1

Pick up the First X-men 1&2 today there pretty good reads but it's a little bit strange. Not sure if its part of the main universe, but wolverine seems really important to the X-men even before they were created.

I have been reading World's Finest. It is very good so far, a nice dynamic in there and so far a decent story. :thumbup:

Looks like some Nu 52 is ok...

I don't think I've ever replied to this topic. Soooo I guess I should put together a list.

The only comics I've ever really gotten in single issues are the ones that come in LEGO Magazines (BIONICLE and Hero Factory primarily). In terms of graphic novels, I love Neil Gaiman's The Sandman, and also own Watchmen, the LEGO Ninjago graphic novels, the Axe Cop graphic novels, and the Girl Genius Omnibus Volume One.

Webcomics I read regularly include Axe Cop, Dr. McNinja, Brawl in the Family, Girl Genius, Questionable Content, and most recently the hilarious and adorable JL8.

I also read a lot of the My Little Pony tumblr comics, if those count. Not digging for links right now, but examples include Slice of Pony Life, Moonstuck, Ask Pinkie Pie Solutions, Ask Filly Twilight, Ask The Crusaders, Ask My Little Chubbies, Ask The Pie Sisters, That Scootaloo, and Dr. Adorable's Ask-Along Blog. I think that's everything...

In the last month or so I've read the following collected editions:

Venom volume 1: Absolutely brilliant! It's very action packed and emotional, with cameos from kraven and Spiderman.

The return of anti venom: Anti venom is awesome,there are great references to other comics and "thanks,but no thanks"has a touching ending. Makes up for the fact that the wraith is bunch of Batman stereotypes.

Picked Uncanny Avengers on Wednesday and I was really pleased. I can't wait till the next issue to see where this team is heading. I think it will certainly become one of the most important titles post AvX and it sets the tone for this world instantly. It also has possibly one of the saddest moments in a comic book I've seen in a while. It's certainly one that you should pick up.

I read the #1s of MARVEL Universe vs. The Avengers, AvX Consequences and Uncanny Avengers. I really liked them all and for those of you reading Uncanny Avengers, AvX Consequences is a nice addition to the story.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

I haven't been reading comics very much lately, but I'm planning to pick up the entire Gears of War series soon for my phone. I really like the idea of digital books and comics.

I'm pleased to see how many commited Marvel readers there are out there! It makes my job of converting you guys into DC fanboys much more difficult :tongue:

I picked up Batman #13 last wednesday and it was pure awesomesauce! It had me really shaken at certain points. And the ending was unbelievable! I'm very excited/terrified to uncover what the Joker is planning, and how it will change Batman forever! :cry_happy: This issue really played out like a horror movie, 10/10

For those of you who don't know, Batman #13 marks the beginning of a new story arc entitled "Death of the Family" not only is it an excellent read, but it provides a perfect "jumping on" point for those who wish to pick up the series. And it doesn't dissapoint at all. Next time your in your local shop, pick it up and give it a try. And be prepared for comicbook history in the making.

This week I'm going to pick up Justice League #13, Needless to say I'm excited for the fallout of the superman/wonderwoman kiss, and also more Shazam backstory! :wub_drool:

I picked up Batman #13 last wednesday and it was pure awesomesauce! It had me really shaken at certain points. And the ending was unbelievable! I'm very excited/terrified to uncover what the Joker is planning, and how it will change Batman forever! :cry_happy: This issue really played out like a horror movie, 10/10

For those of you who don't know, Batman #13 marks the beginning of a new story arc entitled "Death of the Family" not only is it an excellent read, but it provides a perfect "jumping on" point for those who wish to pick up the series. And it doesn't dissapoint at all. Next time your in your local shop, pick it up and give it a try. And be prepared for comicbook history in the making.

Agreed. The issue showed to me that Snyder can definitely write for Joker (I don't believe he's written for him before) :wub: Definitely looking forward to when it starts spanning across the titles like Teen Titans and Red Hood. And it wasn't until I read it that I remembered that Joker lost his face. :grin_wub:

I'm pleased to see how many commited Marvel readers there are out there! It makes my job of converting you guys into DC fanboys much more difficult :tongue:

Challenge accepted :wink:

The new Marvel Now! stuff has been great! Consequences and Uncanny Avengers are definitely some one to pick up!

Really enjoyed AvsX Consequences this week, I really like Cyclops story.

Agreed I have a bit of a soft spot for Cyclops. I'm still hoping he can become a hero again and redeem himself.

I just finished reading Point one and I really enjoyed it. Now I just have to finish Daredevil End of Days, Batman 4-12, Nightwing 5-13 and Ultimates 1-6. Should keep me busy for a while.

The issue showed to me that Snyder can definitely write for Joker (I don't believe he's written for him before).

Snyder dipped his toe into the Joker pool with The Black Mirror storyline from Detective Comics #871 - #881.

Edited by into the blue

Just read ultimate comics all new spider man #15, and I have to say I'm really impressed! The story arc plays a major part in the story, and there's a hilarious part with the triskellion.

I have also read dark avengers #179,nice and it has a great backstory! Although, could anyone help me with the scene with ragnarok having a flashback of odin, loki, cap and a skrull talking to him? What comics are those scenes from?

Building Stories. The greatest comic ever made. No superheroes in it, sorry. Just pure comic awesomeness.

w-s_main_2352799b.jpg

This is a picture of the 14 different size and format comics contained in the box in the center. And, remarkably, Chris Ware comics go up in price much more reliably than anything from the major publishers...

The other day I received part three of Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise from my parents, and I have to say that while the transitions between fight scenes and character interactions sometimes felt a bit awkward, it was a perfect capstone to that story. Some of the themes of the previous two volumes finally came together into one narrative here, and we saw most of the main characters facing difficult personal decisions at one point or another-- which just emphasizes one of the main lessons of the story, that in a world that is quickly changing, risks and challenges are something that we aren't able to escape. Certainly a powerful message that helps reinforce that the "resolution" of the TV series doesn't have to be the end to Avatar Aang's adventures or his accomplishments.

Just pick up yesterday AvX consequences #3, Gambit #4, Ultimate Ironman #1 and Red She Hulk #58. I've read Daredevil end days and I was quite pleased. Looking forward to the next issue of it, it's got a great detective story going.