Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Dwarven Octuptarra and Spider droids. )

indexed.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, it's not very often when I participate in different contests, but I really couldn't miss this one. ) :wub:

I present you my Castle-SW MOC: "Dwarven Octuptarra and Spider droids". I hope you'll like them! ) :sweet:

Name: Dwarven Octuptarra and Spider droids.

Theme: Castle (only castle parts were used, BTW)

Number of bricks: 200 (exactly. :classic: )

When war comes to the snowy land of dwarves, it's not the shields and axes that can win the fight. The great dwarven engineer Burorin is always there with a new war vehicle! The troll and even skeleton armies run away in panic upon seeing the giant Octuptatta droid. It moves swowly across the battlefield crushing everything on its path. But what's that? It's the famous "Beerkeg" Spider droid! Much smaller but faster than Octuptarra these droids can even bring down armored Giant Trolls. So, enemies of the dwarves, beware! ) :sweet:

General picture:

1.jpg

Octuptarra front:

2.jpg

Right:

3.jpg

Back:

4.jpg

Left:

5.jpg

Top:

6.jpg

Details:

7.jpg

8.jpg

"Beerkeg" Spider Droid front:

9.jpg

Left:

10.jpg

Back:

11.jpg

Right:

12.jpg

Details:

13.jpg

Chief Engineer Burorin and his war vehicles:

14.jpg

Thank you for your attention, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by KimT

Great entries The Penguin :thumbup: . My only suggestion is that maybe you can add a little more detail to the Octoputurra model mainly in the middle section of the legs and in the head. Mu suggestion is that you can add some "weapons" in the legs and somde detailed "rings" around the head but you can still conserve the overall actual shape cuase it is great designed :thumbup: .

Use of the barrel for the spider droid was inspired, I love it!

Wow!! :oh:

Before I start, I have to point out the fact that the dwarves have always been my favorite species.

Both of your models look really nice. I prefer the smaller one, but both are incredible.

They definetly look SWish

Plus, after the battle, the dwarves can tap the Beerkeg walker for a nice cold one. :laugh:

Edited by DoctorDude234

I love that Octuptarra :wub:

The broom sticking out of the keg-droid is an inspired touch :laugh:

Great work, Penguin! :thumbup:

You've managed to combine both themes perfectly. Not that I know a lot about the Dwarves theme, but I think you've managed to keep that theme clear while still keeping the designs Star Wars-related.

That must have been a very skilled dwarf to be able to create war droids. :tongue:

As amazing as ever, Penguin! I can't see anything to improve here.

Thank you very much. ) :classic::thumbup: I guess, there is still some room for improvement: for example, the quality of the pictures.... ? :sweet:

Great entries The Penguin :thumbup: . My only suggestion is that maybe you can add a little more detail to the Octoputurra model mainly in the middle section of the legs and in the head. Mu suggestion is that you can add some "weapons" in the legs and somde detailed "rings" around the head but you can still conserve the overall actual shape cuase it is great designed :thumbup: .

Thanks a lot, darkrebellion! )

Yes, your advice is is very useful, thanks for that! I guess, I'll make the updates..... Still, pardon me, but what "rings" do you mean exactly? ) :sweet:

Use of the barrel for the spider droid was inspired, I love it!

Thanks you! ) :classic::thumbup:

Wow!! :oh:

Before I start, I have to point out the fact that the dwarves have always been my favorite species.

Both of your models look really nice. I prefer the smaller one, but both are incredible.

They definetly look SWish

Plus, after the battle, the dwarves can tap the Beerkeg walker for a nice cold one. :laugh:

I've always loved dwarves too! ) :sweet:

Thank you very much, DoctorDude234!

A great idea with keg-droid! ) :laugh:

I love that Octuptarra :wub:

The broom sticking out of the keg-droid is an inspired touch :laugh:

Thanks a lot, svelte_corps! ) :thumbup:

I was just toying with barrels when that idea came to me, which later grew into decision to make the droids and participate in the contest. ) :classic:

Great work, Penguin! :thumbup:

You've managed to combine both themes perfectly. Not that I know a lot about the Dwarves theme, but I think you've managed to keep that theme clear while still keeping the designs Star Wars-related.

That must have been a very skilled dwarf to be able to create war droids. :tongue:

Thanks a lot, ADHO! )

Since I used only Castle parts (at least for Octuptarra), I guess it's pure Castle in that way. )

As for Burorin, indeed, he is a skilled dwarf. You can see some of his previous creations here:

Balloon: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=299990

Mine Crawler: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=300375

Oil Tanker: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=308680

Luminum Spider: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=302683

Oil Truck: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=360490

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

Amazing job! Totally encompassed the whole castle/dwarf theme! Love the "beer-keg" droid.

Indexed.

Make sure to make good use of the comments given by other members - as they are the ones supposed to vote for you in the end.

Wow, you captured the style of Castle and Star Wars! You just gave me an idea...

Thank you! ) Well've heard that phrase lots of times. Can there be a better praise, if your MOC inspires other person to create? ) :sweet:

Amazing job! Totally encompassed the whole castle/dwarf theme! Love the "beer-keg" droid.

Thank you very much, Bartram! ) :classic::thumbup:

I like the colour schemes most. And the minifig. Well done!

Thanks a lot! ) Well, I tried to preserve the confederate color scheme. And it was not that hard with Castle, since it's rich in dark blue, brown and gray. ) :sweet::thumbup:

Indexed.

Make sure to make good use of the comments given by other members - as they are the ones supposed to vote for you in the end.

Thank you, KimT. ) :classic:

I sure will. ) :sweet:

Thank you for your kind words, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

wow thats cool.

I like how you built the legs they look very spiderry. I like how you incorporated the weapons onto the droids

Great work and good luck!

Wow! That is really cool! I really like the little spider droid. I had no idea that the large three-legged spider droids were called octuptarra until now. Great idea and great job on an awesmoe MOC!

This entry has been passed and approved :laugh:

Good luck Penguin.