Sign in to follow this  
Tom Bricks

EBCTC: Classic Main Street

I would like to share with you all my EBCTC contest entry: Classic Main Street. I tried to make my entry is similar in structure to other sets of the time in that it has 2 buildings and 2 cars but I wanted to make it different by adding an updated version of the Lego Monorail. Because it was supposed to look like a new addition to a classic town I used newer parts and colors in this part of the MOC. The track is not the regular Monorail track because I never owned a Monorail and the BL prices are very high. I think that I enjoyed making this because I didn't need to go to bricklink and because I found a use for some of my old parts. The features of the MOC are the Bank (Left), the Inn (Right), a bus stop, popcorn stand, monorail with a door, monorail stop, a car with doors, and a truck with doors. The reason that the flowers are of this style is because these are the ones that I can remember playing with as a child in school. I had allot of fun making this (my first attempt at classic cars) and I will be expanding my classic town using this as a base in the future.

3523127965_e67253877c.jpg

The Monorail:

3523935806_58a6603ab1.jpg

A view of the street:

3523130895_bc0d4c932c.jpg

Here is the link to more pictures including detailed pics of the cars and buildings and a group photo of all the minifigs used:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37952096@N04/...57617924774167/

Edit: for spelling

Edited by Tom Bricks

Excellent work Tom. Really love how you've incorporated the '10' brick from the soccer theme. Monorail also looks amazing.

Wow Tom, this is an excellent MOC, and I do believe that you have secured my vote for this contest.

There are so many interesting aspects of this MOC, and I like the way you used a monarail as well. Great job Tom!

Outstanding piece of work! :thumbup:

I was thinking if you are going to give this contest a miss. :tongue:

The entire Classic Town scene setup is wonderful, especially with the unique use of monorail as your key transportation. Although it is not a real monorail, but the scale and size for a 4-stud monorail is just so incredible. In addition, those 4-stud wide vehicles is plain lovely. At the same time, it's possible to view all its small activities happening over at the popcorn stand, bus stop, plus classical buildings rendition of the inn and bank. I enjoyed viewing this very much.

Glad you made it in time, and this entry has been covered in Classic-Town.net.

Thanks for the replies and the blogging. Im glad that you enjoyed viewing this as much as I enjoyed building it.

Great entry! I really love the vehicles, especially for a first attempt! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Dear Tom Bricks,

I really like your entry! what a nice monorail. :wub:

Hopefully we will get one this year. (keeps fingers crossed: so typing this message takes more time than usuall. )

i like your buildings and the cars are verry nicely done. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Oooo I love it! I think your set up would look great next to the original Main Street. The Inn reminds me of the cover from the Idea Book from 1980. The red truck is my favorite part- it just screams Classic Town! Great job!

Ааааааh.

Monorail monorail monorail monorail monorail monorail :pir-cry_happy: Need I say more :)

That's such a neat MOC... Gotta love it!

The placement of the monorail, all the details are really nice. The buildings just look a little plain in my opinion.

That's a great entry, Tom Bricks! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

The bank and the inn look very realistic and very classic in style, too! The green color for the bank is a great idea.

The only thing which I already mentioned at koffiemoc's entry and what looks a bit strange to me is that you included a monorail (which is indeed a great idea) but with only some very few tracks and not a whole circle of tracks.

Otherwise it's perfect.

The most I like the taxi, the inn, the little garden and the red car.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Great entry ^^ I like the monorail and all the details you put in it, nice job!

The only thing which I already mentioned at koffiemoc's entry and what looks a bit strange to me is that you included a monorail (which is indeed a great idea) but with only some very few tracks and not a whole circle of tracks.

I wanted the track to match the street in that they both end. i wanted this to bee like a cross section of a larger town. Also the monorail has to be on the baseplates so if I did a loop then it wouldn't go any where.

An incredibly nice Main Street. The monorail looks amazing and the old "Austrian/German" styled house in the back looks good as well.

There does seem to be a lot of public transportation though: a monorail, a bus stop and a taxi :classic: .

Good work :thumbup: .