Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Desperate Legowives

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Desperatelegowives.jpg

This is a quick customization I did with my minifig collection, trying to make the main characters in the amazing tv-series "Desperate Housewives" (known as "The Perfect Women" in Finnish in my country).

Pictured here are in the front Susan Mayer and Mike Delfino, Lynette and Tom Scavo, and Gabrielle and Carlos Solis. In the back are Andrew Van De Kamp and Bree and Orson Hodge, and the antagonistic Dave Williams and Edie Britt.

Hope all the fans of the series here can see the resemblance in these minifigs! :wink:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

No.

You're not allowed to post any new topics until you get up the next Time Crash.

:tongue:

Seriously, these are fairly nice. I've never watched a full episode, though when I'm waitinhg for Lost to load on ABC.com it usually plays a "Catch up with Desperate Housewives" clip, so the figures, from what I know, look fairly good. I don't know enough to give you exact suggestions though. I'm also jealous of your nice torso's, I'd love it if I had that many suits and cool women offits.

No.

You're not allowed to post any new topics until you get up the next Time Crash.

It's coming, it's coming! I'll have it up tomorrow! :tongue:

I'm also jealous of your nice torso's, I'd love it if I had that many suits and cool women offits.

I've managed to gather quite a collection of different torsos, yes. I just realized that myself when I compiled these minifigs.

Excellent work, Sandy :classic:

Not a fan of the show but have seen it enough to recognize the accuracy of the characters! Good work.

The two at the back look like they know somethings gonna happen to the front people...

Great representation, I'm too embarrassed to say this in real life but here I'm with a bunch of grown ups who like legos so why not :tongue: I actually like desperate house wives :tongue: My mom showed it to me I watched it just to see what happened the next week and I was hooked :classic:

Edited by MarcusV3

Season 5 has been really good - much better than the middle years. The reset button really worked!

Great work, Sandy. The Willie body is perfect for Gabrielle, Andrew looks suitably sulky, Lynette a bit worn out, Edie vampish and Dave evil. I'm not sure about Bree's face - it looks a little squinty and she's more sharp-featured - but everything else looks lovely.

The only thing I'd suggest is that when you're photographing minifigs in a line, it can improve the overall effect if you turn the heads in a little bit for those figs not in the centre. When you look at it it can look a little strange in real life, but it means that often when you take the photo, they all appear to be looking ahead rather than slightly to the side.

I'm not sure about Bree's face - it looks a little squinty and she's more sharp-featured - but everything else looks lovely.

I know! I just ran out of fleshie female heads... At first Bree had the Willie-face, but when I wanted to add Edie, I just had to give her that head, so Bree had to settle for the most generic one. I think the head of the upcoming Elsa Schneider-minifig would suit Bree the best.

The only thing I'd suggest is that when you're photographing minifigs in a line, it can improve the overall effect if you turn the heads in a little bit for those figs not in the centre. When you look at it it can look a little strange in real life, but it means that often when you take the photo, they all appear to be looking ahead rather than slightly to the side.

Ah, thanks for the tip! I didn't realize that at all! I have to try it out when I photograph minifigs the next time. :wink:

Nice selection of head, they really looks like the show characters, great job!

That sure is a nice collection of figs. Not so sure about the Scavos family and Andrew. But I like the rest a lot! Especially Edie!

Nicely done Sandy, I could really tell who a lot of these figures were meant to represent, and I haven't watched since season 2 :laugh: