Mister Phes

The GREAT historical LEGO WAR!!!

The Great Historical LEGO War

Latest News

This is by no means a substitute for not reading the threads. It just a guide in case you don't understand what's going on and a summary of events to help you invent new ideas.

• Dragon King forms an alliance with Tophdawg and they conquer Australia and New Zealand with aspirations to dominate the entire world!
  • Is Lost Viking I still alive? Evil Willy investigates and makes preparations to meet the Mysterious Messenger and an informant know as "Viking"

• How will Falls Darkness be removed from New Greenland? Will the celebrations in Denmark go ahead so he can be lured out and assassainated?
  • Lord Khorne as moved north and stationed his troops in Belgium. It would appear Belguim is under Germany's control for now.
  • Phes has read the note sent by the mysterious messenger and has learn that Falls Darkness of New Greenland had faked his own death and has been posioning the Prime Minster of New Greenland. Meanwhile he assisted Lord Viking II of Britain assinate Lord Viking I so he could rise to power. The two then formed an alliance and assassainted Count Sneffy of Belguim.
  • Count Sneffy has mysteriously vanished and nobody yet knows how or why. Without a strong leader Belgium has gone into anarchy and is vulnerable to being conquered.
  • The Republic of New Greenland has offered to organise an olympic games like ceremony which they plan to hold in Denmark. Is this a gesture of goodwill in aid of peace or is it a nefarious plot?
  • After the death of Lord Viking I, his son Lord Viking II has taken command and is threatening to wage war against The Spanish Inquisition.

The Participants

The Illustrious Mr Phes is leader of the mighty Spanish Inquisition and its Armada.

Lost Viking II is the British King. The British are allied with New Greenland.

Khorne is the King of the Prussians . The Prussians are allied with the Inquisition.

Starwars4J has assumed the role of Captain Redbeard's decendant. These Pirates are allied with the Inquisition.

Clone comander Nodra 999 is the Czar of Russia. The Russians are allied with the Inquisition.

Dragon King represents New England but his role has yet to be determined. New England is allied with the Inquisition.

Evil Willy is the leader of Quebec. The Quebecois are allied with the Inquisition.

Falls Darkness represents The Republic New Greenland but his role has yet to be determined. The New Greelanders are allied with the Inquistion.

KimT is a representative of Denmark but his role has yet to be determined. The Danes were allied with the French, but after "political pressure" has allied with the Inquistion.

Jipay and Master Yoda are representing the French, their roles within the French have not yet been determined.

Chief Clenched Fist (LegoBMW) has indentified himself as the leader of the North American tribes and has captured Imperial Soliders and raided British and French encampments. They currently has no allies.

SuvieD is a representative of the Private parties of the North America and are neutral. (That doesn't prevent them from being attacked)

Darkness Falls is the prime minster of New Greenland and they are allied allied with the British.

LATEST UPDATES!!!

Hewkii9 is a representitive of Japan. They are allied with the Inquisition.

Tophdawg is Lord of Massachusetts. They are allied with the British.

The Defeated

Captain Grevious aka Captain Greybeard's decendant leads his own Pirate fleet, but has left the war to go in search of treasure.

Count Sneffy is a representative of Belgium has been assassainated in a joint effort by Lord Viking II and Falls Darkness.

It appears Lord Khorne of Prussia is now occupying Belgium...

New Participants will be added if they contribute regularly over the course of one week

How to Join

Select a nation or group you wish to lead or represent but remember its demographics and location. This is important! You will be limited to the territory, resources and population available to this nation. So choose carefully.

Example: If you have a small inland nation in the middle of a desert you're not going to have access to the ocean and may need to pass through another nation to get to it. You also wont be able to have an abundance of crops because deserts aren't good for growing them! If you don't have an abundance of crops then you won't be able to support a high population. So choose your nation wisely, ideally one that's already established.

Next introduce yourself in the thread by telling us your name and title, then make alliances and enemies as you see fit.

The Rules

Due to popular demand these rules have been added to ensure equality and prevent "godmodding".

Rule 1 - Creative Boundaries

This is a fantasy war so use your imagination but don't let it go too overboard. Think of this war like a movie, there has to be a certain degree of realistic elements for the audience to accept the fansty elements. You will be granted more creative freedom if you're willing to go to explain how things came to be.

For example: You invent a deadly weapon but you must explain how it works with the technology available to the mid 17th century and explain how you invented it. OR you breed 100 dragons, you must explain how much achieved this and how you've managed to maintain them. If you simple state you have these things, then its likely you're lying. You must prove it too!

But don't:

• Don't claim you've invented technology or a weapon of mass destruction that can wipe out a nation or group.
  • Don't claim you have a billion soldiers or thousands of warships because that's stretching things beyond believablity.

Do:

• Create MOCs for use within story. A MOC will give you more credibility to what you're describing in your posts.
  • Create new storylines and sub-plots, but make sure they can work or co-exist with the current storylines.

Rule 2 - No immortality

You are not a god or not is your nation invincible. You will get attacked and suffer loses. Yes, sometimes you can claim its propergander, but other times you'll need to be a good sport and accept what has happened, UNLESS you can write a really clever and believable way that you prevented/defended the attack.

You also don't have unlimited resources.

Rule 3 - Technology for the time

The war is set in the mid-17th century so you are limited to the technology available of the time, however, you can bend history slightly and improvise. So strict historical accuracy is not required but don't go around claiming you have a modern battle ship or tank because this is a historical war and that would defeat the purpose. If you want to go completely sci fi or modern then perhaps the TTAWYN Thread would suit you better.

If you're clever you can invent something slightly futuristic by using the resources available to your nation in the mid 17th century. But you must explain how it works and it has to seem feasible but in reality it doesn't have to be (just like historic movies slightly bend what was possible). If you do invent something that seems feasible then you are granted instant copyright over the patent and other nations/groups must ask your permission to use what you've invented. You might like to request something in exchange.

Rule 4 - The Passage of Time

One post is the equivalent of 2 days, so the more posts the faster time progresses. Things DO NOT happen instantly.

For example: You can't suddenly state you've magically appeared on the opposite side of the world. First you must first announce you're preparing for the voyage (supplies don't automatically find their way onto ships) and then roughly calculate how long it will take to get to your destination. Only after sufficient days have passed can you claim that you've reached your destination.

Same goes if you decide to built a gigantic fortress, its not going to appear over night plus the resources and construction materials must come from somewhere! So its your job to explain where.

The best idea is to post frequent updates on how the battle, voyage, construction, etc. is progressing. That way each post makes time pass faster and it will be more plausible that you are accomplishing what you are claiming to accomplish.

But DO NOT make multiple posts (I.e double, triple posting or more) UNLESS you're responding to multiple participants or breaking up a long post into multiple quotes. Double posting less than a well written paragraph will see the two posts merged as one.

This rule enables the other participants to make counter plans against an attack you make against them and allows greater detail within interactions. Just remember those who post more get more done which can be an advantage, but make it descriptive and interesting as possible.

REMEMBER: Take your time, smaller but descriptive posts are better than fewer longer posts.

Rule 5 - Conquering Other Particpants

You CANNOT completely conquer or defeat an ACTIVATE participant unless they're leaving the game or would like to start a new character with a new nation or group. A participant inactive for longer than one week (without giving us prior notification) is considered a INACTIVE PARTICIPANT who CAN be COMPLETELY conquered or defeated .

After the attack begins (a Private Message to the participant would be polite, but not necessary) the attacker must move slowly and the attack must span over multiple posts to give the participant under attack an opportunity to respond. If they respond promptly they can ward off the attack, if they don't the attacker can gradually claim more and more of their territory. BUT give the participant under attack at least 3 real days to respond before claiming you've taken any of their territory has, these 3 days should be used to describe how you've set up the attack and positioned your troops. You must also state what you're attacking with and which strategy you are using.

The attacker may claim all the territory they've conquered to the point where the attacked participant intervenes. Obviously the bigger the area or higher the population (if civilised with technology) the longer the conquering will take. Given enough time the attacker can totally conquer a nation or region, meaning the representative no longer has control over that country should they return months later. They can join another affiliation, come or kill their character off and create a new one in charge of a new nation/group.

This is a war and nations will be conquered and destroyed! So DO NOT neglect this thread (without notifying us) otherwise you may discover your Empire is smaller or non existent wence you return.

Rule 6 - Conquering countries without participants

This is acceptable so long as you take your time when doing so. Some countries have large land masses and civilisations which are prepared to defend themselves, so this must must be taken into account. The inhabitants will resist and some will be easier to conquer than others.

Taking over a country should be a longterm storyline, NOT something which you can accomplish in a few posts, even if there are a dozen other posts between your posts. Everybody needs to know what you're doing and how you're going about it. Historically a country/region isn't conquered all at once (unless the country under attack surrenders), the conquerers claim an area then gradually expand it time. Or spread like a cancer!

The reason for this is rule;

1) It would be unfair if one or two participants conquered the entire world in a few days.

2) We need unoccupied countries for future participants.

Rule 7 - Mysticism

Mysticism is permitted but it can't be too outrageous.

• Creatures like dragons are fine but bare in mind you're limited by how many you can feed and house. Some of them can get quite large afterall.
  • Mythical creatures are not invincible and if used accept that there will be creative defensive measures used to protect against them
  • Mythical creatures are also NOT infinite nor should be in abundance. Limit your mythical creature usage as much as possible.
  • Resurrecting the dead is acceptable. But you are limited to how many you can resurrect as it obviously takes time and resources. You'll also have a limited number of witch doctors, necromancers, shamans, etc. so resurrecting entire legions of troops will take days so don't think you can send them into battle and have them all resurrected on the spot. Think of it like using priests in Age of Empires.

Rule 8 - Rewriting History

You cannot go back and edit your posts to change history to suit yourself. All posts are read and remembered by the story master so don't event try it! You may correct gramatical, typographical and spelling errors or rewrite something to make it read better so long as it doesn't alter history.

These rules are only in draft form. Feel free to provide feedback or suggest additions or subtractions. If you want to discuss these matters in the thread, do it in grey Italicsso its easier to distinguish.

Click here to get Email noficiations every time someone posts in this thread. If you registered Eurobricks with a Hotmail/MSN or Yahoo Email address, and if you use their messenger, everytime a notifcation Email is sent the messenger will alert you to notify that you have a new message. This way you can keep track of this thread without even visiting the messageboard.

Mr Starwars4J!!! You're a traitor! I thought you were my US correspondant! But in actual fact you were merely getting me to lead your to the pirate LEGO!!!

You've caught on, Mr. Phes! I am in fact the ancestor to Captain Redbeard himself, and thusly, I cannot help myself when it comes to pirating my own Lego! *twisted*

Then the Inquisition will wage war against you! We shall unleash the Spanish Armada II against you and then you'll be sorry.

Then the Inquisition will wage war against you! We shall unleash the Spanish Armada II against you and then you'll be sorry.

Then we'll just have to use our Pirate 4+ ships as cannon fodder to draw your fire! We'll take the chrome off yer armor ;)

Haaaaa haaaaaa!!! 4+ Pirate ships are the easiest of LEGO pirate ships to defeat! Their main mast wobbles so much its a wonder its of any use of all. Plus with those cannons (that looks like a train) not as many can be fitted aboard.

Really you should be using a Black Seas Barracuda or Skulles Eye Schooner for your attacks...

Haaaaa haaaaaa!!! 4+ Pirate ships are the easiest of LEGO pirate ships to defeat! Their main mast wobbles so much its a wonder its of any use of all. Plus with those cannons (that looks like a train) not as many can be fitted aboard.

Really you should be using a Black Seas Barracuda or Skulles Eye Schooner for your attacks...

Exactly! They'll be the front line, to absorb your fire, while the true cruisers (such as the BSB) fire from behind, protected by the 4+ wreckage. They're there to be destroyed ;)

The Inquistion has trained saw sharks to cut holes in the hulls of over grown bulbous vessels like your 4+ Pirate Ships and that Harry Potter Dung Stain ship, so we don't need to concentrate our fire upon them. Your 4+ Pirate Ships will be sunk allowing for our War Galleons to move in for the kill!

The Inquistion has trained saw sharks to cut holes in the hulls of over grown bulbous vessels like your 4+ Pirate Ships and that Harry Potter Dung Stain ship, so we don't need to concentrate our fire upon them.  Your 4+ Pirate Ships will be sunk allowing for our War Galleons to move in for the kill!

Well in our spare time, we just so happened to train our grey sharks to eat the saw sharks!

Now the 4+ wreckage will be our fortress while your sharks feed our own!

You guys are screwed when Aquazone is re-released.

Aquazone has no use for old grey though, so they'd pose no threat! However...if I could buy them as mercs, victory would be assured!

The Aquaraiders had use for Old Dark Grey!

There is some motive here!

Yes, but old dark grey is not only easier to come by, besides my supply, but their use is a thousand-fold more limited than normal old grey! I'm sure we could strike a deal...

...irgh... fine you guys are screwed when the Exploreons are re-introduced(Worse than death?).

(I think they had some light grey)

Okay... if they didnt than I know that Unitron stuff did!

Ohhhhh, so you're tactics now involve going into outter space to get your grey, do they?

Well all know the real grey repository lies within Castle... While you two have you intergalatic battles I'm going to plunder some castles! Watch out Brickmoor, here I come!

Ohhhhh, so you're tactics now involve going into outter space to get your grey, do they?

Well all know the real grey repository lies within Castle... While you two have you intergalatic battles I'm going to plunder some castles! Watch out Brickmoor, here I come!

Hm...I'll just have to incorporate a race of your armada and my pirates in my all old-grey castle MOC! But we both know my ancestor's pirates are better than your Imperial Armada at plundering! Just look at the size of our ships, afterall!

Your ship is no match for...

bild01.jpg

With this ship we destroy all that stands in our way - just look at how many Imperial Guards we captured! Oh, and if you look carefully you can see me standing on the upper deck.

piratefest03a.jpg

And while you build that ship, and try to sail it across the Atlantic, we'll have pillaged all the grey! (they're hiding it under their white houses)

(credit to the MOC goes to dandrew)

(Edit) blue1.jpg

We also have a few ships of our own!

(credit goes to krafol)

As a side note to our war I must write:

Well they are very nice! Where did you find those? They probably warrant a thread of their own. One each too, but I wouldn't do them both at once.

As a side note to our war I must write:

Well they are very nice! Where did you find those? They probably warrant a thread of their own. One each too, but I wouldn't do them both at once.

I found both of them on Brickshelf (I credited the creators in my post)...HEY! Stop trying to distract me! Very clever, Admiral!

Dandrew's sea side port looks under protected and should be easy prey for the Armada!

But seriously, you should create threads for these MOCs. But if you don't want to, then I will! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA HAAA HAA :^D

Dandrew's sea side port looks under protected and should be easy prey for the Armada!

But seriously, you should create threads for these MOCs.  But if you don't want to, then I will! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA HAAA HAA  :^D

Theif! That's MY job! ;)

Edit: Done :)

Excellent work! Now we can resume our war. Where were we...

Ahhh yes, the invasion of Dandrew's under-protected sea side port! This must be done for this appears to be a former Spanish settlement and must have been captured before my time. King Philip II was completely incompetent to let this happen. No wonder I assassainated him and assumed rule of the Inquistion!

The Inquistion much recapture what is rightfully ours!

Inquisition! The Governor demands to let our men go or else a full round attack on your ships!

Or a more easier way, we can make a truce and defeat the 4+ menace!

The Governor of what? Every bloody island in the Caribbean has a governor these days! A truce huh? Maybe we could come to some arrangement once I've confirmed exactly who/what your affiliation is...