Hinckley

BrickWorld '09 MOC Layout Preview

Here is a preview of a collaborative display from EB members CopMike, Ricecracker and me (Hinckley):

Fabuland Train Club...

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

A very nice sneak peak there Hinck :thumbup:

Are your buildings based off anything architecturally speaking or straight of the top of your head?

The blue tiles are held up by this? Or some other way?

Good luck, the display looks like a winner up close. :classic:

Took long enough :hmpf: . Just kidding :grin: . Thanks again for organizing it, and hopefully it'll look better than these close-ups do (Which are excellent).

A very nice sneak peak there Hinck :thumbup:

Are your buildings based off anything architecturally speaking or straight of the top of your head?

Thanks! :sweet: They're all based off of something. The blue tiled building is based of the Smart Home I built for Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry. Not the same structure, but the same style...

The blue tiles are held up by this?

No, this:

30414.jpg

and these:

2730.gif

That's looking excellent you guys. :sweet:

I love the siding of the building, very modern. I can't wait to see the rest of it! :thumbup:

That's looking excellent you guys. :sweet:

That's all Hinckley's stuff :blush:

I can't wait to see the rest of it! :thumbup:

Nobody take pictures/let Erdbeereis see them :devil::tongue: .

Nobody take pictures/let Erdbeereis see them :devil::tongue: .

But then you could be arrested for torture! :tongue: I'm very excited to see all of the great coverage from Brickworld this year, especially this and the EB sig fig group photo hosted by Stash. :sweet:

But then you could be arrested for torture! :tongue:

:tongue:

I'm very excited to see all of the great coverage from Brickworld this year, especially this and the EB sig fig group photo hosted by Stash. :sweet:

I'll be sure to get some pictures, even if they aren't great quality :blush:

Great sneak peek, Hinckley.

Be sure to post a pic of the whole layout after the event so all of us not attending can check it out!

Momentary heart stoppage when I read the topic....

I just published my first preliminary layout of the rooms to BW coordinators last night. I saw the topic and thought "holy cow, who spilled the beans?"

I was very much relieved to find Hinckley's stuff instead.

And - No - I will not be publishing the layout ahead of the event. I would get way too many suggestions on how to improve it :laugh:

See you all in Chicago!!

Bryan

Here is a preview of a collaborative display from EB members CopMike, Ricecracker and me (Hinckley):

Fabuland Train Club...

Ooohhh...looks nice. I'm looking forward to checking this out in a couple weeks.

Ooohhh...looks nice. I'm looking forward to checking this out in a couple weeks.

Yay! Welcome to our site! Can't wait to see you and Stacy! Our BrickWorld neighbors! :wub: We're going to be uncontrollable fun!

Yay! Welcome to our site! Can't wait to see you and Stacy! Our BrickWorld neighbors! :wub: We're going to be uncontrollable fun!

Uncontrollable fun? Why that's my middle name. :tongue: What day are you guys getting into town? We'll be there starting Tuesday night. We're going to the 'Harry Potter Exhibit' at the Museum of Science & Industry on Wednesday morning.

-Dave

Uncontrollable fun? Why that's my middle name. :tongue: What day are you guys getting into town? We'll be there starting Tuesday night. We're going to the 'Harry Potter Exhibit' at the Museum of Science & Industry on Wednesday morning.

-Dave

I live here and CopMike will be in the Thursday before the event. Let's talk about the Harry Potter exhibit. I have friends at the Museum. Maybe we can all go together.

*shameless self promotion* One of the links in my sig is to the commissioned piece I did for the museum... :blush: