Bonaparte

HMS Prince of Wales

thindexedgif.gif 83a

I started building the HMS Prince of Wales on the 1st of November 2008. Now, almost 6 months later the project is finally finished. The ship is build on 7 standard mid hull sections and has around 160 meters of rope for the rigging.

Special thanks to Captain Green Hair for his very valuable advise, assistance and donating the cloth for the sails. Also thanks to Errorist for helping out with the stern during our building session in Amsterdam with CHG and some of the rigging. Thanks to HMS243 for the idea to build little toilets in the bow and to Zorro for helping us sort some bricks during the building session in Belgium.

Now I'll shut up and let the pictures speak. Comments are welcome :pir-sweet:

hms-prince-of-wales-07-v2.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-03.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-01.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-02.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-04.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-05.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-06.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-08.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-09.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-10.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-11.jpg

hms-prince-of-wales-12.jpg

The BS gallery

And she turned out so incredibly nice!

Congrats with your new flagship and I will sort out bricks on any day you wish!

what an amazing ship! I just LOVE it , the colours scheme is nice , it shapes is really cool, It rigging is incredible and the customs sails are awesome ( nice job CGH ^^ ) ! A great YAY !

Edited by Guss

I knew this ship was going to be a very good one, but I didnt't expected it would turn out THIS good!

The ship is incredibly well build and it has a very good shape, great job on the tumblehome! It looks very realistic. :thumbup:

The stern is awesome as well, especially the galleries turned out awesome! The custom shield of Wales and the flags are a very nice decorative touch.

And then the rigging, you've spend some good time on it and the result is mind blowing! This kind of cloth makes it very realistic. The countless ammount of rope is incredible. The ratlines look excellent! The custom flags too, great job. :thumbup:

Now I have to start on my own ship as soon as possible before you sink our French fleet! :pir-tongue:

Wow, wow wow! Awesome ship B. and CGH, Erroist, HMS243, and Zorro! very amazing and stuning to look at

The english is now the lords of the sea.

Bonaparte, one word: magnificent!!

The sails make her look ten times better.

Can't wait to see her again in real life :pir-blush:

Great job :thumbup:

Greetings,

Errorist

Edited by Errorist

I don't usually post here, but this was too good to pass up. :pir-wub: The whole ship looks great, especially the shape and many windows of the stern. 160 meters of string for the rigging? That's unbelievable. :pir-classic:

Finally! I can't stop watching this ship, so many details and so fantastic! I really like the stern and the stairs to the poopdeck. Perfect ship :pir-classic: I can learn a lot from this one.

Edited by YnyklY

Holy ship. Jeez, it's crazy! I love the technique, and everything about it! The sail material is so realistic! I abcsoultely love this MOC!

Absolutely beautiful. I still can't quite get my head round the tumblehome technique either.

Oh wow :wub: I'm quite sure English doesn't have proper words to describe this beauty, I'm completely flabbergasted. For some reason the small winding stairs are my favourite detail, no idea why. (and I have no clue about all the fancy naval words one should use when describing this :tongue:) I do know that it's lovely though :wub: The sails and rigging are just excellent!

(and thanks to CGH for pointing this out to me, I could easily have missed it as I don't visit the Pirates forum enough :hmpf_bad:)

Absolutely beautiful. I still can't quite get my head round the tumblehome technique either.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "tumblehome"? :pir-look:

A well executed tumblehome makes a ship much more realistic.

A tumblehome is the round curved shape of the hull. The hull is wide at the waterline and how higher you go the smaller the ship gets.

Here is more information.

Hope that might help!

A well executed tumblehome makes a ship much more realistic.

A tumblehome is the round curved shape of the hull. The hull is wide at the waterline and how higher you go the smaller the ship gets.

Here is more information.

Hope that might help!

Oh, OK thanks! :pir-classic:

Simply stunning. One of the best ive seen. Its amazing how good and realistic these moc ships are becoming. I'd love to build a port for that ship :pir-classic: Excellent job!

Edited by Derfel Cardarn

Whoa!!! :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: It's so beautiful! :wub:

This is amazing. And you told me you were just an army builder. :pir-wub: This is really great stuff! I especially like the bow railing thingy and the figure head. The string rigging is very nice. Did you sew the sails? The stern design is rather ingenious. It's very unique. Probably my favorite part of the MOC. You handled all the curves of the ship very nicely. How did you find time with real life building projects? Great job, and my only complaint is that it's missing sophomoric jokes and a walrus. :shark:

I thought it would be a great idea to make a slideshow video about this masterpiece. It should be up soon!

Check the Classic-Pirates Youtube Channel soon. :pir-blush:

A stunning piece of work Bonaparte! She's even more brilliant than you described her in our Skype interview! This is truly a masterpiece, and I hope you are as pleased with your handywork as the rest of us are!

This is set as the frontpage news for tomorrow!

Wow, how could I have missed this before?..

This is absolutely stunning. :pir-wub:

I think I'm going to enjoy those photos for a while and look at all the beautyful details.

This is just how a "ship of the line" should look, if Lego will ever make one within the pirate theme.

Please Lego, please, give us ships like this.

Thumbs up. :thumbup:

Teddy

This is not an MOC, it is a work of art. Every detail, every square inch is completed to the highest order and quality. I can honestly say that this is one of the finest ships I have ever seen made out of LEGO.

As always sir, I bow my head and tip my hat to your dedication and building detail. I am very amazed and almost in shock and how perfect this ship is. Perhaps this once I will let you have this:

"British for the win!"

Congrats on this fine creation! You have my envy and pride. :pir-classic: