WesternOutlaw

Favorite Wild West Set

What's your favorite Wild West set?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Wild West set?

• 6706 Frontier Patrol
    • 6716 Weapons Wagon
    • 6718 Rain Dance Ridge
    • 6746 Chief's Tepee
    • 6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon
    • 6755 Sheriff's Lock-Up
    • 6761 Bandit's Secret Hideout
    • 6763 Rapid River Village
    • 6765 Gold City Junction
    • 6769 Fort Legoredo

My opinion:

1.: Fort LEGOREDO;

2.: Gold City Junction;

3.: Bandit's Secret Hideout.

So I voted for the soldierfort.

wow, i read this whole post with replys for the first time !!! lots of good discussion here. first of all i have to say wild west/western theme is my fav. i as well think it should be included in the castle/pirates forum. however i can see the argument otherwise...

the problem is not which forum to include the theme, but the name of the forum itself.

as a solution, i have a better idea... rename the castle/pirates forum so that it includes western and adventures also. adventures take place way after 1900, but are still based on a historic time period, and should fall in the same category as castle, pirates, and western.

the forum should be titled something giving more of a "historic themes" feel. renaming all the forums might be a good start... something as simple as PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE would suit me fine, and be all inclusive of the "traditional" system themes. keeping "THEATER" of course for the non-traditional licensed sets which lego produces today.

anyway, back to the point of this thread... my fav is gold city junction. it has a slice-of-western-life feel. its the only set to include everyday western people (the general store owner and a banker). this is the same reason i choose imperial trading post as my fav pirate set... you get an independant merchant, and a more neutral setting.

wars (soldiers/cannons/forts) are great, but they have to be fought over something, right ???

i need the everyday people and merchants, gold city junction delivers - brick miner

Yeah I agree that this forum should becalled "History Themes" or something like that but nobody has paid any attention everytime I bring it up. Alternatively it could be called "Pirates and other Historical Themes" :-D

WELCOME BRICK MINER! Glad to see another Wild West fan join Eurobricks. I saw your avatar this morning and realized you must be a western enthusiast. It's a pleasure to read your post(s).

I never liked the name Pirates and Castles either which leaves out Wild West, Adventure, and Ninja (all very good themes). And Phes, I just drew my six-shooter after reading the idea to call this board, "Pirates and Other Historic themes". Men have been hung for lesser things! Dang 'Nab It!

PS. I'd like to request a Smilie with cowboy hat.

My personal favorite is Gold City Junction, followed closely by the Bandit Hideout, then Fort Legoredo. They're all great sets. Lego: make some new Wild West sets, dang-nab-it!

i voted for weapons wagon 1 becuase that was the only WW set i had :'-( and 2 you get that cool covered wagon thing but. I was kinda in the dark ages when WW came out. But from the pictures i've seen {like on ebay trying to get all the sets from there becuase i've seen like 10 lots of WW guys} and stuff i've heard sounds like they were all pretty good :-) i don't think that lego will every make wild west sets again cause now kids can go out to the video store and watch some horribly wild west film with profanity every ten minutes :-X and stupid action. But i would love to see it come out now i mean they really have come a long way since the WW line think of all the new peices and guys that could come with it. *y*

Edited by canadianD

I'd have to say

6776_haunted_pass01_box.jpg\

and

6758_gunslingers_saloon01_box01.jpg

*wub*

X-D But if you mean actual sets, I have always loved "Gold City Junction" and " Bandits Secret Hideout"

P

I'd have to say

6776_haunted_pass01_box.jpg\

and

6758_gunslingers_saloon01_box01.jpg

*wub*

X-D But if you mean actual sets, I have always loved "Gold City Junction" and " Bandits Secret Hideout"

P

BrickMiner's Rail Road Station is better than these two. Take a look, but responses belong on his thread vs. this one. This is a poll for official sets.

Here's a link to my favorite of his collection: Legoredo Station

I am well knowledged in Brick Miners Creations ;-)

Those two are my personal Favorites

And I was only joking

I also did say my favorite real WW sets, Gold City Junction and Bandits Secret Hideout

p

Though I don't own any, if I were to have one it would be Fort Legoredo, as it has a bunch of minifigs and just looks awesome! I don't want pirates any more, I want Wild West! X-D

~Peace

Mine is bandits secret hideout even though I dont own it. I like how it looks like a mine and the cannon on rails is a nice touch.

My personal favorite is Gold City Junction, followed closely by the Bandit Hideout, then Fort Legoredo. They're all great sets. Lego: make some new Wild West sets, dang-nab-it!

I like Gold City Junction the most, too - even so I don't own it until know, but hope to buy it from ebay - or from Lego :-D - this or next year. But I like(d) all Wild West sets, they were/are great sets *wub* !

And it's really real: Come on, TLC, and bring back this nice WW theme! There would be so many old ideas to be re-released and of course so many new and different ideas to do including the ideas for a ghost town, too that I think that the comeback of WW is a must! ;-)

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

well, i have 2 legoredo, 1 bandit hideout and sheriff lockup. so far legoredo is the best. still waiting to get the gold city junction to see if it lives up to the hype.

i also like to get my hands on the weapons wagon. looks nice but i always got outbidded by others. :-( might have to BL it instead. :-P

BrickMiner's Rail Road Station is better than these two. Take a look, but responses belong on his thread vs. this one. This is a poll for official sets.

Here's a link to my favorite of his collection: Legoredo Station

yeah the railroad station was alot more real in the way of sets that lego could do. i like ghost town and the saloon but lego would never do saloons or if the did it would really have nothing cause alot of the times TLC seems to want to aim for little kids. i do though like all of them. *y*

Bandits secret hideout 100 procent!! *sweet*

A lot of bandido figs! *wub*

A cannon that roles out of the mine when the wire is tripped! :-D

The flipping watertower! :-D

And a great baseplate! *y*

Hard voting, as some already said the whole theme is brilliant!

yeah the railroad station was alot more real in the way of sets that lego could do. i like ghost town and the saloon but lego would never do saloons or if the did it would really have nothing cause alot of the times TLC seems to want to aim for little kids. i do though like all of them. *y*

Dang nab it! Let's just change this poll to what BrickMiner Moc you like the best"! >:-( I hope you all find yourselves trapped in Grave Stone where you can dream about that colorful Lego WW boxart depicted on official Lego WW sets and BM's MOCs. >:-)

- Signed, Chopped Liver!

Fort Legoredo for me. Its just a classic set, and practically perfect.

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Dang nab it! Let's just change this poll to what BrickMiner Moc you like the best"! >:-( I hope you all find yourselves trapped in Grave Stone where you can dream about that colorful Lego WW boxart depicted on official Lego WW sets and BM's MOCs. >:-)

- Signed, Chopped Liver!

no i was just saying that i like that set but classic WW sets are still awesome. :-) besides your gravestone MOC's are way better no offense brick miner

Edited by canadianD

you know if you go on ebay type in lego wild west there are alot of sets to get i'm bidding on a bunch of lots of mini figs although some bodys are not even WW like everyone seems to think that we can't tell the difference between Adventurer and WW i even saw the grey rock raider body ( how i miss rock raiders :'-( ) and i was like nooooooo but yeah they do have some good bodys even if its not ALL wild west

here's a link http://cgi.ebay.com/9-LEGO-COWBOY-MINIFIG-...1QQcmdZViewItem

heres the rock raider one- http://cgi.ebay.com/10-LEGO-COWBOY-MINIFIG...1QQcmdZViewItem

I like the gold city junction because its not a very big set with 2 houses and lots of details an mini-figs, I like the combination with the sheriff and other sets *y* *y*

Got to be 6716 Weapons Wagon for me. It was the first western set I got, it introduced some feild artillery which I'd tried to build before with various degrees of sucess. Also it's one of the few times we've been provided with the carts that are for the supporting arm, it's a necesseity in any army.