11 members have voted

1. 1. Rate it!

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone! here is a little but very cool set, the 4916 mini animals !

Details:

Reference: 4916

Theme: Creator

Name: Mini Animals

Year : 2007

Pieces : 77

Minifig : N/A

Price : 4.99 USD ( Paid it 3CHF > 2.5$, promotion )

Links : Brickshelf Gallery, brickset

Box:

It's a cool plastic box like all this little creator series :

p1135473.jpg

content:

2 little bags, 1 manual with the three models inside :

p1135474.jpg

Here are all the parts you get :

p1135476.jpg

Manual:

Picture of the front of the manual :

p1135488.jpg

It's clear and well explained, we don't need more for a so little set

p1135490.jpg

At the end of the manual, there is a part list :

p1135489.jpg

As the build is quick and easy, I'll directly show you the models :

First model, The Monkey.

It's nicely articulated and can take a lot of cool poses :

p1135481.jpg

With it comes a little " plant" , quite cool for the size of the set :

p1135482.jpg

So here is the complete set :

p1135480.jpg

It tails helps a lot to make it stand :

p1135484.jpg

Here are the extra parts you get after building the monkey :

p1135478.jpg

Second model, The Bird

That's quite a strange bird.. but cool anyway, I just think it wings are a little small! here it is with the parts that remains after building it :

p1135487.jpg

Third model, The Dinosaur

That's my preferred one , it's nicely articulated too, Here it is with the parts that remains, notice that the plant is still complete :

p1135491.jpg

Bird+Dinosaur

As I bought 2 sets, I take a group shot of them :

p1135494.jpg

Notice that the wings of the birds are nicely articulated for their ridiculous size :

p1135495.jpg

Notes:

Design: 8/10

Build: 9/10

Playability: 8/10

Minifigures: N/A

Price: 10/10

Overall: 9/10

Conclusion:

This is a really cool little set, the animals are nicely detailed and the monkey is nicely articulated for it size! But I think that with a few more parts, the legs of the monkey could have been better, and maybe the bird too, as it's, in my opinion, the worse of the three models. Anyway, for it very attractive price and it cool parts, it's a nice little set to buy, don't hesitate!

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed

That's not a dinosaur, it's a chameleon! :tongue:

I hadn't seen this set before, but I guess for a non-minifig scale set it's alright... I just don't ever pay attention to those sets.

Nice little review. I haven't paid any attention to this set, something this small is a bit high priced pr. brick. I don't question the fun building the figures, but it's realy targeted at the smallest kids. You could probably speed-build the monkey in 60 seconds.

But I have to rate it above average, the colour selection and inclusion of two palm leaves is nice.

Front

Sandy, I'm not sure.. to me it's a dinosaur, don't break all my dreams like this! :tongue:

I just needed the parts, usually I like minifig scaled set, but for 3CHF ( ~~ 2 EUROS , yes there were a promotion ) , I didn't ask and just bought ^^ and Front, yes it's easy to build and small, but so cute and cool ( and with the promotion... so cheap! )

Edited by Guss

Great purchase. I don't see much in these kind of sets, but i've been thinking about getting one.

I guess they're a great bunch of parts, well, this one anyways. It's got a few of those clicky hinges.

The third model, the chameleon/dinosaur, i always thought was some kind of fish. i guess i fail even more. :laugh:

Sandy, I'm not sure.. to me it's a dinosaur, don't break all my dreams like this! :tongue:
The third model, the chameleon/dinosaur, i always thought was some kind of fish. i guess i fail even more. :laugh:

Sorry guys, but it's definitely a chameleon. It's got the bulgy eyes that no other lizard has to my knowledge, the little spike on the nose, and Raven Brickroft, it has legs, so it can't be a fish. :tongue:

See the creature in a real life image here.

I really was intrested in this set, just for its pieces/colors since that would be a good addition to my collection. So I don't care which animals they represent tho the monkey is pretty neat.

This review convinced me to add a couple of these tiny sets to my next bigger order. Thanks for writing it down and for sharing!

edit: spelling.

Edited by Perterz

Oh, is this set still around? Last year a Dutch dept. store sold them for 50c each - they must have made a typo in their central computer system, but the sets were actually sold for that price. They were not presented as an offer, you had to notice the pricetag.

I got eight copies and built a farm:

3031835392_d68da50f9a.jpg