Sign in to follow this  
Erdbeereis

Gone Fishin'

thindexedgif.gif 75b

Patch-Eye Pete takes a break from Pillaging with a relaxing day of fishing.

3511535726_2f675af743_o.jpg

Thanks! :pir-classic:

I love the technique you used for the river. :pir-oh3: That is a very nice parrot in the tree too! :pir-wub:

Nice! I like the brick-built bird, and using epaulettes as water is very innovative. How many did it take?

Thanks guys! This was mainly built to try out the epaulette river idea. It took all that I have, around 75 blue epaulettes to do this. You wouldn't want to have to make a whole ocean out of them. :pir-laugh:

That is soooo darn creative! You are really good...I am genuinly jelous of your talent and imagination. So cool. :pir-oh::pir-oh3::pir-wub::oh3:*oh2*

That's a lot of smileys. :pir-tongue: Thanks for the kind words!

The first thing I saw was the unique technique you've used on the water. It is very smart and it looks great.

The beards as fishies is nice as well. You've also done a great job on the landscaping and the parrot in the tree.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

what an original technique for the river Erdi ^^ it looks very nice but if you move your vignette it must fall everywhere! anyway that's a really nice and peaceful vignette , great job !

You cheated!, I see a flipper :pir-oh3::pir-tongue:

Very original idea, I would have never thought of that, and it looks good as well :thumbup:.

Well done Ice Cream! Your wonderful technique in the water is really an eye catcher. Excellent piece of work matey! Thank you for sharing. :pir-wink:

swimming beards and an epaulette sea! I must be dreaming, but it's a nice dream, wish I would have so many epaulettes :pir_laugh2: Good idea to make water like this (and fishes :pir-classic: ) But indeed, you can only make a small river with them :pir-classic:

what an original technique for the river Erdi ^^ it looks very nice but if you move your vignette it must fall everywhere! anyway that's a really nice and peaceful vignette , great job !

Thanks everyone! The epaulettes actually don't fall off too badly, except for the ones on the edges. For the most part they stay put. :pir-classic:

:pir_laugh2: Charming scene! Really like the river technique (quite clever! but I would have add some white epaulettes too for the impression of movement) and of course, I love what you did with the legs :pir-wink:

The beards actually were supposed to be the current running through, but it didn't turn out quite how I hoped. I would probably use white epaulettes next time.

Exactly, if you want them to be fish, go right ahead. That's the beauty of imagination. :pir-grin:

Wow, this is an incredibly creative MOC. *huh* With so many MOCs built SNOT style these days, this totally refreshes the idea for what an ideal Lego creation can be! :thumbup:

Edited by sinoxp