Alywin

10196, 10198, 10199 & more

Okay, now it seems things have been settled and the previously removed images are restored.

Firstly, the initial source of 10196 is from Clickbrick Book 2009 in Japan. Clickbrick Book is the annual book distributed by the Japanese LEGO chain store ClickBrick to customers for free. The 2009 version has started being distributed since 1 May 2009, and that's why LEGO fans in Hong Kong knew the news about 10196 and other sets mentioned in this thread. Below is the look of the Clickbrick Book:

cbb2009_01.jpg

10196 - Merry-go-round : with motor and sound parts, so I suppose it can rotate and play music! To be released in July 2009! JPY 37,990 / USD 380

cbb2009_10196.jpg

The two coming Advent Calendars, this time City (7687 - JPY 3,790 / USD 38) and Pirate (6299 - JPY 4,790 / USD 48), to be released in October 2009!

6299.jpg7687.jpg

10198 (JPY 24,990 / USD 250) and 10199 (JPY 9,990 / USD 100), no set box pictures yet, but confirmed to be "SW Tantive IV Blockade Runners" and Creator Christmas Set

10199.jpg

10198.jpg

Edited by Alywin

Thank you for this wonderful news, Alywin! This new set looks incredible! :sweet:

Wow, that Merry-go-around is huge! :oh:

Lots of rare parts and colours too, just look at all those jester hats!

Thank you very much for the pictures, Alywin! :classic:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm Broke.... :cry_happy::cry_sad::tongue:

It's lovely. They note a price there, can anyone put this into euros? EDIT: Supposing this is Japan Yen, i calculated it myself: 278.927 EUR. And if that is a discounted price... uh oh... :look:

Thanks for the great pics!!! :sweet:

Dr. Brick

Edited by Dr. Brick

Thankd for these pictures, I am anxious to see more and bigger.... That Merry go round is really huge.

.... 278.927 EUR. And if that is a discounted price... uh oh... :look:

Well, 278 thousand euro's seems a bit overpriced if you'd ask me :tongue:

Rough price information in USD is added. Do bear in mind these might not be the actual retail prices. :tongue:

Alywin, thanks you so much for informing us about this set, and of course HKLUG too. :thumbup:

I am very surprised by this amazing piece of news. I need abit of time to calm myself though. So many exclusive sets in this year alone! :wub:

My wallet is getting thinner. Alywin, any ideas if these sets are going to be Shop@Home exclusive?

Pirates advent calander FTW.

The merry go round looks huge.

Pirates advent calander FTW.

The merry go round looks huge.

Great Scoop

Alywin, thanks you so much for informing us about this set, and of course HKLUG too. :thumbup:

I am very surprised by this amazing piece of news. I need abit of time to calm myself though. So many exclusive sets in this year alone! :wub:

My wallet is getting thinner. Alywin, any ideas if these sets are going to be Shop@Home exclusive?

Sorry, WhiteFang. No idea at all.

As you know, the news roots from Japan and S@H is not available there also. So the only certain thing is they would be available at Japan. LEGO sales channel in Japan (which itself seems also different from other parts of Asia) is quite different from the West, and this news gives no insight as to the official availability in the West (and Hong Kong).

Let me re-iterate: Please don't post pics of these sets until after the surprise reveal that's coming up somewhere some time soon. :wink: Thank you.

Oh man, i wish i'd seen the pics before they were taken down :sceptic:

Well, as Hinckley said, you'll see them soon enough; and you'll be able to say 'I partecipated to TLG big surprise reveal' :wink:

LuxorV

I didn't wake up in time to see the much maligned initial photos, but I can't wait for the big reveal. These sets sound phenomenal.

Don't worry. Somebody grabbed it in time and reposted it to his Brickshelf account...

Don't worry. Somebody grabbed it in time and reposted it to his Brickshelf account...

*constantly reloads B-Shelf front page*

Dammit! I missed the pics! :angry: Oh well, at least they sound good. Since you had to remove the pics, can you at least tell us which price is for which set? Also, were the USD prices given or are they just translated prices from the Yen prices?

But where is the cc style building??

Set number 10197 is skipped ;) Anyone know if we will hear some news about the new CC style building soon as well?

I'm excited to see the pictures! When is this "surprise reveal" going to be? Hopefully before May 13th, because I'll be away from my computer for a week or 2 then.

Well, as Hinckley said, you'll see them soon enough; and you'll be able to say 'I partecipated to TLG big surprise reveal' :wink:

Yeah, I guess that's fair. But how soon is soon? :tongue:

Oh, really? I deleted mine after hearing from WhiteFang about the need for cooperation.

Edited by Alywin

Oh, really? I deleted mine after hearing from WhiteFang about the need for cooperation.

Alywin, I really appericate your kind efforts to allow us to handle this situation immediately and removed it of your own accord.

Well, it's not possible to cover it up entirely since we are living in a digital age.

Where did you get the pictures in the first place? I assume you found them somewhere or?

:classic:

Dayum. I hate it when I miss pictures of upcoming sets. :hmpf_bad: I like the sound of them! I will get them on discount, if I like them when I see them ofcourse. :thumbup:

Greetings,

JD

Where did you get the pictures in the first place? I assume you found them somewhere or?

:classic:

Some surely legitimate public source, which I won't disclose (even not by PM, so please stop PMing me) for the time being. :tongue::wink: