mustaine32

Which Millenium Falcon do you prefer?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Dear All,

I could not decide for the millennium falcon sets of 7190 or 4504 versions. Please suggest which one is better to buy?

Thanks a lot

4504-2.jpg

4504 Millenium Falcon

Or

7190-1.jpg

7190 Millenium Falcon

Or

7778-1.jpg

7778 Midi-scale Millenium Falcon

Or

10179-1.jpg

10179 UCS Millenium Falcon

Which would you prefer and why?

Edited by KimT
Fixed the title and reason for topic.

Dear All,

I could not decide for the millennium falcon sets of 7190 or 4504 versions. Please suggest which one is better to buy?

Thanks a lot

C'mon, use your eyes

4504 is clearly better, its the difference between the set a kid might make and the set a world class builder would make

Welcome to Eurobricks!

I don't think you're supposed to ask questions like that here. I'm not sure where they should go so I'll let KimT tell you that.

4504 is clearly 100 times better in looks and playability. It costs a LOT now, though, but I doubt it'll go up much more. From that point of view, you might be best hanging on and see if TLG brings out a new one in a year or two. If they do, it's bound to be loads better than the last one.

Hey,

I prefer 4504. It's more accurate in appearance, the details are far better and so are the interiors - 7190 is pretty bare inside. The minifig selection is great line-up too, like the original Falcon in variety but different in selection. You do miss out on the rarest of rare Leia minifigs with the newer set but I don't feel thats an issue. 7190 is a classic, but LEGO's revisions of older sets tend to be much better and the newer MF is a great example - it really does look awesome :wink:

But don't just take my word for it! Check the review index here for some excellent reviews from our fellow members. That might help you make up your mind too!

Well, it's seems that my question is already more clear :sceptic:

I thought that 4504 is better but somehow I needed to ask it. All correct that shape and minifigs are look great on 4504

Thanks for your quick replies

I've fixed the title and question for this topic.

With the coming of a new midi-scale Millenium Falcon this is a good question...

And a question that's been debated a few times before :laugh:

Which do you prefer?

The Classic Ol' Skool version or the improved 4504 version which has the top that's fragile and falls of when swooshed?

Personally I like them both a lot, the old one because it's nostalgic and the newer version because it's a beauty.

Happy discussing :thumbup:

Oh yeah, in the future please keep "What shoould I buy?"-questions out of the Star Wars Forum.

4504 for me :thumbup:

Always liked Star Wars lego, but found a lot of the older sets somewhat lacking- the redesigned Falcon was my first SW Lego purchase and still one of my favourites :classic:

Which do you prefer?

The Classic Ol' Skool version or the improved 4504 version which has the top that's fragile and falls of when swooshed?

Personally I like them both a lot, the old one because it's nostalgic and the newer version because it's a beauty.

From that point of view, would it not be a good idea to include the other three Falcons in this topic? (MINI, MIDI and UCS) :classic:

From that point of view, would it not be a good idea to include the other three Falcons in this topic? (MINI, MIDI and UCS) :classic:

Yes indeed.

I've added the midi and UCS version to the list as well.

I left out the mini, since it's so very small :laugh:

Now I'll have to change my statement as the new midi-scale is my overall favorite Millenium Falcon.

It's a great design and the size is perfect for display and swooshing.

The UCS is of course also great, it's just too big if you know what I mean :wink:

I personally feel that the 4504 mf is best. The reason for is that it has a reasonable amount of detail and it has an interior. Please correct me if it is a differet one with an interior but this one I think is the best.

You forgot the keychain!

But to get back on topic:

The Millenium Falcon came in such a great variety, I chose to collect all types.

I´m not a big SW fan you know, but here´s the chance to get the one original in 5 different sizes (keychain, mini, midi, minifig-size (so only the 4504 is needed, not the 7190:tongue:) and the UCS). :wub: That´s what I call really cool. :grin:

(I still need to get the 4504 though...)

Just to complete the gallery of Falcons:

4488-1.jpg

852113-1.jpg

My favourite is the 10195 (?) UCS Falcon. The details are absolutely stunning and it is greeblelicious.

4504 by far. The details are good, and the figures are great. The design looks very accurate, and I wish I had bought it when it was on sale. :sadnew: The UCS is...well...huge. Kinda obvious I know, but it is way too big to fit in my display cabinet! :tongue:

You forgot the keychain!

Of course I did. I knew there was bound to be another but couldn't think what it could be. :laugh:

My favourite is the 10195 (?) UCS Falcon. The details are absolutely stunning and it is greeblelicious.

10179. 10195 is the Republic Dropship with AT-OT. :wink:

Maybe KimT could add the numbers to the first post to make references easier? :sweet:

4504 by far. The details are good, and the figures are great. The design looks very accurate, and I wish I had bought it when it was on sale. :sadnew: The UCS is...well...huge. Kinda obvious I know, but it is way too big to fit in my display cabinet! :tongue:

I ditto that! :classic:

I've fixed the title and question for this topic.

Which do you prefer?

Oh yeah, in the future please keep "What shoould I buy?"-questions out of the Star Wars Forum.

Sorry for my message, maybe the format is not quite good for you...

But thanks for your help, my mind is clear enough right now and I am going to buy 4504 :classic:

UCS version is one of my dream but, whole ship is too large to keep in my shelf.

UCS version is one of my dream but, whole ship is too large to keep in my shelf.

Yeah I know how that feels.

I've got the UCS MF and the 10188 Death Star stashed in the attic, still in polybags.

I never got around to build them and I don't have the space required either.

Yeah I know how that feels.

I've got the UCS MF and the 10188 Death Star stashed in the attic, still in polybags.

I never got around to build them and I don't have the space required either.

I recently placed an order for the UCS MF (before the sale on LEGO...) and should be getting it today, so I'll be able to give a better opinion later, but: I really love all the detail that is in the UCS, and the fact that it is Minifig scaled. On the other hand, it is pretty bulky and hard to swoosh. For playability, I do love the looks of 4504!

Also, has anyone done any interior mods on the UCS MF? I don't know if that should be a new topic, but it could be helpful. That seems to be the biggest drawback of the UCS: For all the exterior detail, it appears to be lacking any interior (aside from the cockpit and the gunning stations).

i always thought the 4504's interior sucked. in playability terms, it was great, under movie accuracy category however, terrible. the front mandibles are way to small for the ship. i think i'd rather get the UCS one. that also has no interior (and way too expensive!). i'd wait, considering the UCS box art says 'limited FIRST edition'. that can only mean a better one is coming out relatively soon. :classic:

Interior, eh? :grin:

"Search" is your friend :wink:

This has got to be the best in my books :wub::oh3:

Death star: 10143 + 10188

And i'll say 4504. I hate 7778 with a passion, 7190... Don't have it, so don't know, 10179 - well most either can't afford it or have room, but if you do... Best set ever!

Hence i was left with 4504 :classic:

I don't own any of them unfortunately. But I think which one I would buy.

-10179 looks the best. But for this one, you need a lot of space and a small fortune. And this is more for display use, because of it's size.

-4504 looks better than 7190. From the more or less "playable" Falcons, I would prefer this one.

-The midi version looks the baddest. But it's also the cheapest.

I would say, the most expensive, the best.

Definitely the 7190. I have owned both that and the 4504. The 4504 looks nice but is a pain to build with a lot of fragility in places and it has a very low swooshability factor. The 7190 although basic is a simple elegant design, large printed pieces, great figs and only the supports at the bottom tend to fall off when swooshing around.

i dont have any of the millenium falcon sets but from the box art i think it would either be 4504 or the UCS. they just have the best detail on the outside!

i have had ths onefor years...

7190-1.jpg

it really depends what you want it for... play, show or both...

so... i dont really know...

lol

XD

i like 4504 because it is the easiest to play with, and it looks good with the figs