Sign in to follow this  
Daniel G

Puerto de la Cruz

thindexedgif.gif76c

Hello,

here we present our port Puerto de la Cruz, part 2 now completely. Later still another small bay will then develop on the left side.

img_3237.jpg

img_3239.jpg

img_3250.jpg

More on Brickshelf

Many greetings

Daniel G and Captain K.

You really did a great job there lads! I like the classic style of the port.

Almost to many to mention. I shall comment on this later on, but I already have one tip for you guys: Get rid of the blue flags, and change them for Red flags, that will make this look even better.

You really did a great job there lads! It's absolutely beautiful, I love the classic style of the port.

Almost to many to mention. I shall comment on this later on, but I already have one tip for you guys: Get rid of the blue flags, and change them for Red flags, that will make this look even better.

But some soldiers are Blue...Some Red. Im confused!

It's getting prettyer every time i see it, fantastic work guys! :thumbup:

I wish you had put your ships in it as well though. :pir-cry_happy:

Now for those flags, the blue ones are perfect, it's just those pesky red ones that are lost here. :cannon:

My absoulte favorite part is that you mix original sets with your MOC. Its well done and looks like its suppose to be that way.

The overall picture of this port is amazing, and it is very eye appealing. However, I question the functionality of this port.

Assume I swing by with a few Carribean Clippers or other medium to large ships.

Where exactly do I park them?

Maybe open this up a little and add some dockage? You wouldn't have to change the design, just shuffle it around and open it up?

Despite my beef, this is very beautiful design, and again, the fact that you worked in original sets outweighs my docking concerns.

I say 9 out of 10.

I see a rater large dock on the left side to park ships? :pir-look:

In the old days ships would be mostly parked off shore, the harbours were reached only with smaller vessels.

This picture shows it very nice:

PellerinHarbour.jpg

I agree.

did you see that huge dock of to one side? That is where you would dock small- to medium sized ships. Large ones would have to dock out beyond that island.

Edited by Admiral M

Wow, amazing, such a big city!, and everything in the richt colours. Maybe it would also look great if you would put such a machine in it for putting the masts on a ship. That can be seen on the image from Captain Greenhair. Then it is really an imPORTant port :pir_laugh2: Keep up the 'very' great work

Edited by YnyklY

Impressive, say I must (Yoda talk :pir_yoda: ) If only I could own that much pirate lego, I would be set for life.

huhoh , that's huge and great! I love it, the little island with the palmtree on it is my favourite detail^^

Edited by Guss

Hello together,

the red soldiers are sea-soldiers. The blue soldiers are land soldiers for the port or the city. There is as it were two regiments. At the left side trading vessels can park from smaller to medium size. The ship HMS Sophie already nearly completely converted to a trading vessel. In the future it is to park on the left side in the developing bay.

Greetings

Daniel G

Edited by Daniel G

Fantastic! Amazing! What a truely wonderful military port. There are so many details its hard to decide what I like most. The little bridge is great. You did a perfect job capturing the feel of the original sets. I like all the little waterways and twists and turns. I'd love to see more written explanation on what everything is and what happens where. Keep on building. I'd love to see more. Great job. :thumbup:

I'm stunned by seeing this creation, very nice!

I agree with YnyklY to make a large crane in the dock, that would be awesome.

The building style is simple yet effective, it has the real classic feel over it.

Great job! :thumbup:

:pir-classic: Nice colorscheme is very classic (white/red/yellow) still i like more using the realistic colors like tan and gray instead of yellow it looks too striking in stone walls- still i like the little details- like those pirates who are shooting there and all- still confusing is that there are both blue and red flags- i'm not these classic soldier fans who seem to like either only blue or only red guys but still would be better to use only one type of soldiers and symbols :pir-tongue: - i prefer historical nations and actually blue are like french and red like english but name of port is spanish (???) Imperial armada line is like spanish but now i'm really confused which nations port this is supposed to be :pir_laugh2:

Hi,

"Puerto de la Cruz" is fantasy. :kahuka:

In my fantasy the town of "Puerto de la Cruz" was founded by Spanish men in 1622 someplace in the caribbean and 1684 of the Englishmen conquers. Therefore the Spanish name.

The town is built with intention in the colours white, yellow and red. I like the pirate sets and colours of 1989.

Why shall be the blue Frenchmen and the red Englishmen? What are the new red soldiers then? I do not see this so problematically.

Red Soldiers = red squadron, blue Soldiers = blue squadron and everyone fights against pirates! :pir-tongue:

The third part of "Puerto de la Cruz" is built and will get ready next year. :pir-wub:

Capt. K