MdrnMrvls

MOC - Russian Federation BTR-80

This is a MOC by the way. Forgot to add that in the title. :S

I believe this was the most appropriate spot, so here you go.

This is a Russian BTR-80 which can carry two crew and seven troops. This is probably my fourth version of the thing, so I hope you like it. Enjoy!

An overall view:

btr-80.11.jpg

Another view from the other side:

btr-80.1.jpg

A side view:

btr-80.7.jpg

More pictures can be found here or here.

Enjoy!

very nice moc^^ it can fit a lot of minifigs, that's awesome! and the side door is just very very cool! great job^^

Thanks guys! :wink:

I should be thanking you! These are inspirational! You're an amazing MOCist! I'm going to go look at some other vehicles you built now! Great job on the School bus, by the way! :thumbup:

Wow, awesome moc MdrnMrvls, that thing is sweet. Once again another member has proved that bley and grey mixing can look great, and the overall design is fantastic. I also love the little flag.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Wow, awesome moc MdrnMrvls, that thing is sweet. Once again another member has proved that bley and grey mixing can look great, and the overall design is fantastic. I also love the little flag.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks Batbrick!

Thanks Batbrick!

I never noticed it before, but Batbrick is definitely right. Your mixing of Gray and Bley make the tank look like it was once new, but has no been used through rough terrain, giving it a realistic effect!

Thank you! To be honest that really was not my intention, but it does appear that way now. Glad you guys like it!

It's great MdrnMrvls! :thumbup:

I really like the doors on the side :wink:

Really well designed MdrnMrvls :thumbup:! I so regonize it from when I was in the Airborne Rangers Recon squad and had to learn all Russian vehicles by sight to be able to send intel back to HQ. Now I want to see a BTR-60 (the classic) and a 70.

CopMike

Really well designed MdrnMrvls :thumbup:! I so regonize it from when I was in the Airborne Rangers Recon squad and had to learn all Russian vehicles by sight to be able to send intel back to HQ. Now I want to see a BTR-60 (the classic) and a 70.

CopMike

Hey, thanks! And WOW! Airborne Rangers?! That's incredible. I actually have plans to build a BRDM here soon, but I don't mind building a -60 or -70 when I get enough time. When were you in service in the military?

Hey, thanks! And WOW! Airborne Rangers?! That's incredible. I actually have plans to build a BRDM here soon, but I don't mind building a -60 or -70 when I get enough time. When were you in service in the military?
Did the basic training -86 :cry_happy:, still active captain in the reserve :sweet:. Some info about the unit.

CopMike

Pretty accurate representation. We had those in our armed forces (not sure about the exact model), only they were green.

Pretty accurate representation. We had those in our armed forces (not sure about the exact model), only they were green.

What country are you from? I would love to build one in green, but unfortunately LEGO doesn't mass produce that dark green color seen in the Indy sets, as far as I know.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys like it!

Excellent work! A bit "simple" but however very nice! Awesome that it can carry 7 troops and 2 crew!

What country are you from? I would love to build one in green, but unfortunately LEGO doesn't mass produce that dark green color seen in the Indy sets, as far as I know.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys like it!

I'm from Bulgaria. Being a country from the former Soviet block we had those. If anyone is interested BTR stands for - BroneTRansporter which is translated as Armored Transporter (being the equivalent of APC - Armored Personnel Carrier :). Here's a pic (this one is BTR-90 but it's similar):

forum1btr6kx.jpg

The mixing of old light grey and new light bley creates a very good camouflage effect :)