MdrnMrvls

MOC: Carferry

indexed.gif V-W-2A

Well, I finally decided to join Eurobricks. This is my first MOC and I apologize if this is posted in the incorrect area. I have been looking around, and this seems like the most suitable spot.

Anyways, regarding the MOC, it can carry all my 5-wide vehicles on the bottom and has room for all the passengers up top.

Please enjoy!

An overall view of the ship:

carferry1.jpg

Another view:

carferry8.jpg

Top view:

carferry11.jpg

And a picture of all the action:

carferrydio4.jpg

Click here for more photos.

Once again if these are in the wrong spot, I'd be happy to move them or have them moved. I do not want to be a hassle.

Thanks again!

Chris

Don't worry, it's in the right spot :wink: . Nice to see you here, I'm glad you decided to join. Now, as to the ferry, I think it looks wonderful! I think my favourite part would have to be the radar and equipment on top. Again, great job!

Yes yes, ferry! Boats are always nice to see for me though I like more floating boats but that limits a lot in design part. Did you have some particular ferry in mind? I mean I have not seen before side opening ferry but surely there are. Anyway I really like the mass and size of your creation. Nice work.

Thanks guys! I'm glad that you like it.

Yes yes, ferry! Boats are always nice to see for me though I like more floating boats but that limits a lot in design part. Did you have some particular ferry in mind? I mean I have not seen before side opening ferry but surely there are. Anyway I really like the mass and size of your creation. Nice work.

It was loosely based off this. It runs out of Ludington, Michigan.

Edited by MdrnMrvls

Wonderful ferry! :classic: I don't use to like Lego modern boats but I must say this one of yours is quite great, specially because of the huuuge scale, and nice display with the cars and the pier :wink:

Nice Job! I really like ferry MOCs, and I like the way you captured the feel of the boat you were modeling it on. Good job with the extensive cabin and crew area, and the red smokestack. My only suggestion would be to rebuild the car doors as studs-up brick-built. It looks great in your harbor with the cars. Does it have any interior detailing?

Nice Job! I really like ferry MOCs, and I like the way you captured the feel of the boat you were modeling it on. Good job with the extensive cabin and crew area, and the red smokestack. My only suggestion would be to rebuild the car doors as studs-up brick-built. It looks great in your harbor with the cars. Does it have any interior detailing?

First off, thank you! You're probably right with the doors. They are a bit flimsy, so a brick built one may call for better construction techniques. There really isn't much of an interior, as my main focus was the exterior. I am glad that you like it though. :classic: