Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Oh my!

just a remark and i know it's been said before, but if you post pics of mocs, could you please:

1) tell if you're the creator or not

2) if not, give a link to your source or identify the creator of the moc (i'd be happy with a brickshelf link)

there are fair reasons for this:

1) it's not particularly legal/fair to post pics without permission or without a link to the source

2) a creator deserves to get the credit for his/her work

3) it's less confusing for all the other members in case they have questions about the moc

Going back to the original picture, *wacko* this is why castle builders never tend to use dark grey, I cannot see dark bley working out in castle MOCs at all, it seems to metallic and has a space feel to it.

The picture a few posts above shows mottling when it works, a few small shades here and there really give the effect, unlike the mottling in the first pic which didn't work at all.

I would also like to back up Sne's plee. Please just post a link of the gallery so we can see where it comes from and who it belongs to. As he said, it would make it so much easier to discuss people's MOCs without confusion ;)

Jon.

Yes, fully cite your sources children!

The horrible truth has dawned upon me... BLEY IS HORRIBLE FOR USE WITH CASTLE AND FORT WALLS!!! Whadda we gonna do when all the traditional grey vanishes from the second hand market? That won't happen for decades, right?

The horrible truth has dawned upon me... BLEY IS HORRIBLE FOR USE WITH CASTLE AND FORT WALLS!!! Whadda we gonna do when all the traditional grey vanishes from the second hand market? That won't happen for decades, right?

Of course not. In 10 years original grays will be more valuable the gold and none of us will be able to afford them. :(

I think the new grays look nice. I do like the old better but I am fine with the new ones which won't yellow like the old ones did.

based on the amount of second hand lego you can buy these days, it's kind of hard to imagine old grey will one day disappear all together... you know how it goes, don't you? lots of people who are buying current sets will sell their ISD's, of what's left of it, in a couple of years, and will return to their Dark Age, others will see their Dark Age for the first time...

just a remark and i know it's been said before, but if you post pics of mocs, could you please:

1) tell if you're the creator or not

2) if not, give a link to your source or identify the creator of the moc (i'd be happy with a brickshelf link)

there are fair reasons for this:

1) it's not particularly legal/fair to post pics without permission or without a link to the source

2) a creator deserves to get the credit for his/her work

3) it's less confusing for all the other members in case they have questions about the moc

Actually, I did mention that I wasn't the creator of the first picture, and by the way I talked it was fairly clear I wasn't the creator of the second one either, and I don't usually see a link as well as a picture, but I'll mention the name of the person next time.

And as for the light grey...

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10145&c...&cn=96&d=18&t=7

Lots of grey in the "old" color

based on the amount of second hand lego you can buy these days, it's kind of hard to imagine old grey will one day disappear all together... you know how it goes, don't you? lots of people who are buying current sets will sell their ISD's, of what's left of it, in a couple of years, and will return to their Dark Age, others will see their Dark Age for the first time...

Ahhhhhh, Count Sneffy I was just being pedantic for the sake of being pedantic. I do that alot...

I can't foresee traditional grey disappearing ever! And we haven't even taken into account some people will buy it second hand, keep it for a few years, then sell it back on the second hand market. Its all part of a cycle.

Unless of course everybody rushes out and buys all the tradional grey bricks and never sells them again...

Unless of course everybody rushes out and buys all the tradional grey bricks and never sells them again...

Phes! Don't tell people my plan!

It will be a battle. At least I know my shipping for the most part will be cheaper(Or will it be more... since the more lego you order the higher shipping costs) :P

Plenty of LEGO in the southern hemisphere old chap. Just remember the LEGO in my neck of the woods will cost you postage too.

I will have to order them all from UK, the US and Canada than...

Or we could reach an accord. I'll have the Northern Hemisphere and you can have the Southern... but that doesn't really seem fair...

I will have to order them all from UK, the US and Canada than...

Or we could reach an accord. I'll have the Northern Hemisphere and you can have the Southern... but that doesn't really seem fair...

Exactly, because IT'S ALL MINE *twisted*

Do you have something stuck in your throat Mr Nothing? You didn't try to swallow all your bley bricks to get rid of them did ya?