Klaus-Dieter

2010 themes and sets?

Other than the usually City, Pirates,Castle... sets I think we will get a Western theme!!!!

There are a few reasons for this

1. The Indy Fedora

2. The Power Miners dynamite piece

3. Cannons

I don't think that there will be an Egyptian theme because of the PoP licence.

Anyway, I also am looking forward to the new Castle, Harry Potter and Agents sets if they come (and I strongly believe so).

I regrettably have partly to disagree with you, Zorro!

For Harry Potter I see no chance since with every new movie the number of the corresponding Lego sets got less and even more less: the movie before the last movie there were only three sets and to the last movie there was only one huge set released exclusively in only some special shops. So it's imo very unlikely.

For Agents I don't think that there'll be new sets since there are already two waves. And what should TLG releae next?! On the other hand this is a fantasy theme and so there are no limits, meaning even that there may be even more sets.

For Castle I already mentioned that I'm really unsure. Since there'll be some new Pirates sets I think that there'll be some new Castle sets if there isn't another new "historical" or historical theme. If yet then there'll supposably be no new Castle sets. :sceptic:

Other than the usually City, Pirates,Castle... sets I think we will get a Western theme!!!!

There are a few reasons for this

1. The Indy Fedora

2. The Power Miners dynamite piece

3. Cannons

I really hope that you're right, Tom Bircks! A new Western theme would be awesome! :wub: :wub:

According to the new elements which make a new Western theme very supposably or at least possible: don't forget the brown fence (form the Farm theme), gun and revolver (from the IJ theme), the green dollar bill (from the Space Police theme) and the Western cap (from the IJ theme; which could be easily done in blue or dark blue for US soldiers).

I don't think that there will be an Egyptian theme because of the PoP licence.

I totally agree with you, Tom Bircks!

Although an Egypt theme would be - if it was no adventurer theme but a historical theme - awesome I can't imagine TLG releasing one in the next years. :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I didn't mean that TLG won't sell any "Caslte" sets next year, Richie.
Oops, my mistake. :tongue:
I fear that, too. I want Western and not Greeks! :cry_sad:
Why not both? If for example the Greeks are to be released in 2011?
And since these minifigs actually belong to the City theme: Do you think that TLG will release a beach/seaside subtheme in the City theme next year in which these minifigs will be included? A beach hotel would be :wub: !
This sounds realistic to me. With the camper it is possible there will be more sets in the same style. Beach is not the same as holiday, but it's very close, I think. :thumbup:

Beach subtheme is very interesting--heck, why not bring back Paradisa? Would be a great way to get some more girl minifigs, just maybe make it more beach related and less pastel colors to appeal more to the boys as well.

I now realize a Greek theme wouldn't be realistic in 2011 if Western should be re-released in 2010. Would like to see it, though. A trireme, a Trojan horse... :cry_happy:

Edited by Richie

Beach subtheme is very interesting--heck, why not bring back Paradisa? Would be a great way to get some more girl minifigs, just maybe make it more beach related and less pastel colors to appeal more to the boys as well.

I totally agree with you, posades!

If TLG releases some beach sets in not pink colors (which I even bet) then these sets would not only awake interest in girls but in boys, too.

I now realize a Greek theme wouldn't be realistic in 2011 if Western should be re-released in 2010. Would like to see it, though. A trireme, a Trojan horse... :cry_happy:

Richie, don't forget that TLG would surely release a Greek theme not as a historical theme (which I would like, too) but as a fantasy/mythology theme similar to the ugly current Castle theme.

But now back to City:

Do you think that TLG will release some maritime sets next year, too? Perhaps a yacht (possibly in addition to a possible beach subtheme)?

Klaus-Dieter

I totally agree with you, posades!

If TLG releases some beach sets in not pink colors (which I even bet) then these sets would not only awake interest in girls but in boys, too.

Richie, don't forget that TLG would surely release a Greek theme not as a historical theme (which I would like, too) but as a fantasy/mythology theme similar to the ugly current Castle theme.

But now back to City:

Do you think that TLG will release some maritime sets next year, too? Perhaps a yacht (possibly in addition to a possible beach subtheme)?

Klaus-Dieter

Yacht=1019-? :tongue:

What ever happened to Coast Guard? Why Only One wave? I know it wasn't because it didn't do well. There's so many more possible sets we could have had!!

I really hope that you're right, Tom Bircks! A new Western theme would be awesome! :wub: :wub:

According to the new elements which make a new Western theme very supposably or at least possible: don't forget the brown fence (form the Farm theme), gun and revolver (from the IJ theme), the green dollar bill (from the Space Police theme) and the Western cap (from the IJ theme; which could be easily done in blue or dark blue for US soldiers).

Klaus-Dieter

And I forgot the new Indy map, which would be perfect for another western theme.

I just hope when they make a new LEGO Western theme, that they utilize both brown and dark brown pieces, as well as minifigs that are printed on both sides. Maybe they could bring back the Johnny Thunder hat in that theme, and use it as a gold prospector hat. I would also like to see a new cowcatcher piece for a LEGO Western train.

Ideas for new LEGO Western sets

• Bank
  • Saloon
  • Barber Shop
  • Gold Mine
  • Gold Prospector
  • Wells-Fargo Stagecoach
  • Fort Legoredo II
  • General Store
  • Legoredo Hotel
  • Sheriff's Department
  • Bandits

I hope to see a Western theme, as many have said.

I'd also think it'd be cool if they made other models of the City Fire trucks, similar to those in North America (ie. American LaFrance, Spartan, etc)

I'd love to see a Remake of the Ninjas theme, with all these remakes going on.

New pieces and stuff for Ninjas would be really nice. :3

[-The Alchemyst-]

Greeks??? Lame! default_sick.gif I Truly hope that TLC doesn't waste their time with this.

?

You're calling the most overreaching cultural influence on Western civilization lame? Okay then...

Personally I'd love a Greece theme. I liked Vikings and I think this could be interesting.

For IJ, I think we will see the submarine from RotLA and the Holy Grail Tmeple but the Tank is a bit hard to tell because of the politic of the TLC to not represent REAL war vehicles.

Kindly explain the Red Baron's Fokker Dreidecker (the "Dr." in Dr.I, "I" being their first design of that configuration) and the Sopwith Camel, please? By your logic, "U-26" from LA shouldn't show up either (not to be confused with the real U-26, a Type IA and one of the first of the WWII-generation Unterseebooten; IIRC, the fullsize sub in ROTLA was the same one from Das Boot.*)

*Sorry, an old friend used to drive real subs for a living, including a stint as captain of a big missile-sub. Never could get him to talk about that part of the gig, even with him getting me a tour of one in drydock... Trust me, few things make you take the world seriously like sitting in the launch-control center while they do a missile drill once.

As for the chopper in Dino Attack, am I the only one that found it creepily reminiscent of a Soviet** Mi-24 Hind with the wings chopped off?

**Apologies to our members from the other side of the former Iron Curtain, just that the Hind is an iconic symbol of the Red Army in the Bad Old Days and when you grow up a Cold Warrior studying how the various scenarios would play out it becomes a little difficult to separate the two.

Western from the Indy fedora, doubt it--not ruling out the theme possibility, but when you look at 'em side-by-side a Stetson and a fedora have very little in common aside from the fact that both have a brim. A fedora would stand out in the Old West like a dude who's just had a stagecoach run over his foot... and a cowboy Stetson similarly in the times when fedoras were popular, even though Stetson did make fedoras too around the '20s-now. This month's History Channel magazine had a really neat article on how cowboy gear evolved...

Kindly explain the Red Baron's Fokker Dreidecker (the "Dr." in Dr.I, "I" being their first design of that configuration) and the Sopwith Camel, please?

The Fokker and Sopwith were sculptures. These sets were more about the plane itself.

But there is already a flying wing, so the tank shouldn't be a problem.

I think he means a yacht as an exclusive, like 10193, 10194 and numbers like that. It would be 1020- I think, with the new exclusives.

I would like to see a yacht. It's a long time we saw a yacht, and if there will be a holiday-line it's really plausible that we will see a yacht. Let's hope the hull is brick-built. I don't really like the Curver/Tupperware hulls LEGO use nowadays.

Edited by Richie

What ever happened to Coast Guard? Why Only One wave? I know it wasn't because it didn't do well. There's so many more possible sets we could have had!!

+1 !!

I think those coast guard sets were brilliant and i would like to see more.

+1 !!

I think those coast guard sets were brilliant and i would like to see more.

Aren't there more coming out this summer?

My main hope for an upcoming theme in 2010 is to see elves in Castle. I would love them to have lizardmen as their enemies. This makes sense to me in a couple of ways, first, TLC could recycle the Killer Croc head from the Batman line to make lizzies, and second, every faction has a unique opposing faction. Crown Knights have Undead to fight, Dwarves have Orcs to fight.

Aren't there more coming out this summer?

You must be thinking about the (Coastguard) Helicopter Transporter that's new for the Summer. I'm not really sure if it's for the coastaguard.

I would like to see TLG releasing modular buildings - you buy one floor of a certain type of building, then stack them after collecting a few to create slighlyr taller buildings. Market Street etc. can be a bit too much money!

For Star Wars - an equal balance between Clone Wars and original trilogy or Episode I.

Episode I- Gungan Soldiers, shield generators and tan AATs!

My main hope for an upcoming theme in 2010 is to see elves in Castle. I would love them to have lizardmen as their enemies. This makes sense to me in a couple of ways, first, TLC could recycle the Killer Croc head from the Batman line to make lizzies, and second, every faction has a unique opposing faction. Crown Knights have Undead to fight, Dwarves have Orcs to fight.

I'd much rather have them face off against an "evil" men faction.

2010 wishlist:

• City:
  • More modular town sets.
  • I was a big fan of the new construction and farm sets, until I found out they all have decals. Well, except for the harvester. But suffice to say, what a disappointment. So I'm not going to root for another city set until

• Castle:
  • Elves. Would still like to see a modular tree city or some such for them.
  • I was a big fan of the Wolf Pack sets, despite not actually owning any...
  • The castle village is awesome. No enemies, no war implements, just straight up build and play. And gives all those trolls and skeletons someplace to invade.

• Pirates:
  • An imperial warship. So far, most sets feature mainly pirates, with the imperial or two as an enemy.
  • Another faction. I'm tempted to say ninja, but that's unrealistic. Perhaps a merchant convoy, or guild outpost or something.
  • Wouldn't expect anything until 2010 at the earliest though, the advent celandar notwithstanding.

• Space:
  • More SPIII. I'm not feeling the current sets that are announced/out, but there's nothing stopping me from liking any future sets. And maybe if I see a box in the store, I'll change my mind. Until then, I remain unconvinced.
  • Blacktron, space organized crime. The continued use of the non-human bad guy theme in everything is starting to irritate me (which is why I love the pirates line).
  • In general, more spaceships and less vehicles, which is the trend with SPIII. Vehicles I can get through the City line. Spaceships are a unique feature of the space theme.

• Others:
  • Trains looks like its off to a good start. Would like to see more, especially the return of some of the old support sets (stations, cargo yards, docks, etc.).
  • Not sure about Power Miners or Agents. Liked the old Agents sets, haven't built a Power Miners set yet.
  • Not interested in anything without minifigs.

• Licensed:
  • Big fan of classic Star Wars. I'm hoping the B-Wing makes it back in. It's my favorite fighter.
  • Classic Indy is awesome, and except for the flying wing, it lacks decals. I'm hoping we get to see a tank, as well as something around the first scene in Last Crusade on the train. The bridge fight in Temple of Doom with crocs, archers, and gunmen would be sweet too, but probably pretty minifig intensive. As for the Flying Wing, I think it probably could be designed better, without decals, and without those huge wing pieces. Personally, I'm hoping for a proper.
  • Otherwise, I think the Indiana Jones and Star Wars themes are exhausting all of the good ideas. Once that happens all that's left to do is remake the old things or end the line.
  • Batman is over, I think. Or maybe they're taking a break with the line. Either way, I'd like to see a real bat cave with a baseplate to connect to the town road baseplates.
  • Transformers. I recently saw the MOC of Warpath, and I thought it'd be awesome to have lego Transformers, not to mention completely appropriate. I want it to be minifig scale though, and that might not happen. But if anything, a line like that would be the perfect replacement for the defunct Exo-Force. I'm of the opinion that Exo-Force didn't do well because the mechas were too flimsy and because it relied too heavily on stickers to convey detail. I'd wager the Transformers line would do exceptionally well if TLG released one Autobot and one Decepticon set a year, both $100 and designed properly (no skimping on the details with stickers, though I'm sure it'd look less like the movie versions and more like the current action figure versions), for the next n years. Maybe they should've done that back in '07 when the movie initially came out.

If LEGO really is into reviving old themes I guess we may get cowboys. *hint*

Good point, Mirandir, but remark that these are collections of classic minifigures!

And although we saw a Ninja in the last minifigure collection we didn't get a new Ninja theme. So I think that you can regrettably not reason only from that old cowboy hat that we're getting a new Western theme next year. :sceptic:

There are many other new elements this and last year which would make a new Western theme very supposably :thumbup: - but when TLG doesn't want to then it does even no happen. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

So here an update of the themes with new sets for 2010 (partly confirmed, partly only thougts):

Duplo

Creator

Belville?

Cars (new licensed Duplo theme - already confirmed)

Technic

Ferrari?

Racers

Castle?

Elves theme?

City

train sets

exclusive fans' choice set (already confirmed): either City Square or Public Transportation Center

beach theme (with new minifigures of the Robo Attack set)?

exclusive train set(s)?

Indiana Jones?

Toy Story 1-3 (already confirmed)

Prince of Persia (already confirmed)

Power Miners?

Bionicle

Space Police

Pirates

Greeks or Factory Western set(s)?

CC styled building

Star Wars

some ESB sets

many CW sets

exclusive big OT set (very supposably Cloud City)

UCS set?

Ben 10 (already confirmed)

Multimedia and Games

Rock Band (only game or even sets?)

Harry Potter (only game or even sets?)

Others and Accessory

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter