Sign in to follow this  
Nothing

New Online Games

If you wanted to make a new online game on Lego.com what would it be called, what would could you do in it, and why would you want to make it? It can be any theme that you want. I would like a game where you start out as Anakin as a kid and you go through and collect things and in the end you become Vader. I don't know what it would be called, but I would want to make it because there isn't any other Lego game that lets you go through life and transform.

*satis*

(Move if neccesary)

The Mata Nui online game was on Lego.com 4 years ago, and it was just awesome for its time, but never really supported by Lego. It was basically a collect and trade game, with minor puzzle solving, and it was great to meet some of the bionicle characters you knew as you went through the game.

It could be upgraded for 2006 as a Multiplayer game - they can do a lot more with it. The Bionicle world is more than rich enough for this.

Something simpler is good too. The Aventurers games were great for my kids. Going to historic places, solving a simple puzzle or two at each level. My kids were glued to the PC for days with them.

The simplicity of the original game was great, both in story and minimal animation.

Also something I really miss is that the Tohunga were like these clever, bratty little squirts who seemed capable of anything. All these new things that've come afterwards depicting the lives of matoran and metruan are just "empty" feeling.

All of the smart, prankstery humor is just GONE now.

The simplicity of the original game was great, both in story and minimal animation.

Also something I really miss is that the Tohunga were like these clever, bratty little squirts who seemed capable of anything. All these new things that've come afterwards depicting the lives of matoran and metruan are just "empty" feeling.

All of the smart, prankstery humor is just GONE now.

I feel exactly the same way. I really do miss those cute little dudes running around. Especially when Takua formed his "fellowship" and headed off to Kini-Nui. Those cutscenes were pure GOLD. I'l also never forget those comical Le-koro Tohunga jumping from tree to tree in the Bohrok saga.

Also, I really missed when the episodes had a point. Now, these episodes that we're given truly consists of less then half of Bionicle's original glory. Also, it really showed that these dudes were capapble of everything. Remember the boxor? That thing packed some serious punch. :oD

And backpack, maybe that's a bit ambitous. It's kinda hard to turn all of the Bionicle sagas into one game. *wacko*

Much of the humor has gone from Bionicle. There was a discussion about this on BZPower a while ago, and I was in the minority opinion that the new "darkness" of bionicle 2005 and now 2006 was not a good thing. I guess it's just TLC trying to appeal to an older audience.

The original bionicle Templar episodes were amazing. So simple but so rich.

Violence and darkness ARE good for Bionicle, in my opinion anyway.

But now that I think about it, I probably say that on the subconscious understanding that this is because the simple but effective humor and everything from the very first online game was a rarity that could never be accomplished again.

In the absence of what the first one was, violence is probably more entertaining to grow the Bionicle user base.

And hey... we have bullet-firing guns with this next wave.

"Launchers". Oh oh yeah... launchers.

X D

If Lego could SOMEHOW get a clue and restore the original team to effectively emulate what the first online game was, it'd be sufficient advertising for the Piraka.

I'd love to see the Super-Deformed style of Tohunga-like inhabitants doing clever raids against the Piraka.

But like I'm saying... if they can't pull that off, go for violence and dismemberment.

Hey, it works for anime. $$$

I would make a Bionicle mmorpg based on the 2006 storyline. Similar to gylman's idea.

Each player would create their own matoran character and help defend their respective village from evil.

Why? It's something like the origanal mata nui online only with interaction between other people and some type of combat system.

Another idea would be a fighting game in which lego characters from all generations fight for some ultimate power or something like that.

and it would have online multiplayer.

Why? It would be so entertaining to see Captain Red Beard fight a viking warrior or a classic spaceman battle tahu. :-D

^^^ Other Lego lines included or not, there should've been a Bionicle fighting game loooong ago.

And heck, now they've got dozens of characters that could be selected.

::imagines special moves with Rahi beasts temporarily jumping in off the sides of the screen::

If you're refering to a "street-fighter" style game, then I disagree. Yes, I do believe there should be more of a fighting-based game, but it should still be in the Bionicle Style. I really like the adventure games as there's a good mix of story and action. Sure, it's not like you really get to do anything really mind-blowing, but the MNOLG1 really made my day/year. The fighting parts such as the Nui-Rama nest and the Takua's fellowship against the Rahi games were pure gold. No wait. Platinum. Pure platinum. :-D

As long as Kopaka doesn't say "Shoryuken!" or pull out a Hadoken in the middle of a fight against the Makuta, I'm cool with it. :-D

Then again, it's be pretty cool to see them in action. It would make for a great mini game, I suppose. :)

Runescape a online game where you could use your knights you earn on knights kingdom site. like you could battle, and stuff. kinda like Runescape