Sign in to follow this  
Captain Blackmoor

"Hold the line and prepare for bayonet charge!"

thindexedgif.gif 74a

Hello all!

I've made a small army vignette today.

And for those who thought this army would be easy to beat: no, this is not my whole army. :pir_laugh2:

It is a vignette about a battle, the line infantry is distracted by peaceful birds, some men are making jokes while the officer wants them to hold the line and prepare to charge.

Is the officer able to keep the men close to the action?

armvignet001.jpg

Overview, the man in the middle is making jokes while the man next to him is laughing.

A dangerous gap in the line appears, making it more vunerable for cavalry attacks...

armvignet003.jpg

The officer shouting and encouraging the men.

armvignet005.jpg

The soldier in the middle is only a kid and doesn't know what to do...

armvignet002.jpg

Another overview.

I'm planning to make more of those vignettes since they are nice to make. :pir-classic:

More pictures on Brickshelf when public of course.

Comments appreciated!

That's a very nice vig Cap'n! I like the strewn about weapons and rocks on the battlefield, they add a lot to it. :pir-sweet:

Brilliant Blackmoor! I really like your concept. And I think I would add something were you to create a part two depicting the outcome of sloppiness in an army.

Thumbs up! :thumbup:

Very nice partner in crime! :pir-tongue:

I like how its got more of a joke than seriousness. Gives it a better style.

Nice job in all! Now Im going to make vigs of my French regiment. :pir-blush:

Looks great Cap'n! :thumbup: Now I really want more Soldiers :pir-look:

armvignet005.jpg

The soldier in the middle is only a kid and doesn't know what to do...

Hmm...Thanks for calling my sigfig a kid :pir-grin:

Remember there were people in the army only 16-17 years old. Unexperienced on the battlefield...

I didn't know that "kid" was your sigfig. :pir_laugh2:

I'm glad you like it. :pir-blush:

Well even though they are joking and young, every one knows that blue coats win no matter what!

Very nice! You have inspired me to take a small break from my fort and port entrance work to make something similiar. Im waiting for a few torsos yet to come, and maybe the black coats will take a nice little action photo for you as well.

I also have to say, I LOVE ALL THE NEW MINIFIG HEADS!

I think this ONE change has brought so much more life and expression to LEGO! I remember as a kid making LEGO diaramas for my history class, and some brat girl asking me why the guy was smiling while he was getting cut in half.

I proceeded to yank her pony tail and lose my recess priveleges for that day. :jollyroger:

Sorry... back to topic....

Anyways... I like it a lot, and hopefully I'll have something nice to show in a few days as well.

very funny :pir_laugh2: I think the officer should put more discipline into his army or the other officers will laugh at him just like we are doing now. But ofcourse the soldiers need some time to relax too.

Remember there were people in the army only 16-17 years old. Unexperienced on the battlefield...

I didn't know that "kid" was your sigfig. :pir_laugh2:

I'm glad you like it. :pir-blush:

1 reply was enough :pir-tongue:

And I still need to wait a few months before I'm 16 xD

My computer got an error while I was posting, I clicked "add post" too much I think and now there are 3 of 'em! :pir-tongue:

I'm making another MOC for tomorrow (my birthday! YaY!) containing those soldiers.

My computer got an error while I was posting, I clicked "add post" too much I think and now there are 3 of 'em! :pir-tongue:

I'm making another MOC for tomorrow (my birthday! YaY!) containing those soldiers.

I'll be looking for it! :pir-classic:

An excellent little MOC. Finally the soldiers can take their revenge for the massacre in White Fang's Holding the Last Fort MOC. Blue Coats..avenge your fallen comrades! Kill the pirate scum! Return the body of your fallen captain!

Well I cant wait to see, infact, Im waiting for your new torso for your Sigfig so I can update it :pir-wink: