Sign in to follow this  
dviddy

Dragon Warrior

dratahu01.jpg

This has always been my experimental character. This is the 4th or 5th incarnation, I build him evertime I really want to experiment. And I think he turned out very well.

Front View

Left View

And while the flame trick is old, I have to admit, ThraxisJr's latest MOC completely brought it back to my attention. So yay for him!

<<DV>>

Not a bionicle fan, but that's really neat. And I'm not the only one who thought of using Nidhogg's wings for that :-D

Agh... after seeing Thraxis's creation, I was going to use a flame sword I'd built just for a moc looking very much like this one. Figures.

X D

Me likey.

Good use of the white barbs at the top of the pelvis. Good use of slopes on the chest... works on this moc, whereas it detracted from one or two of your others. This dude's a dragon, and it just looks right.

Forearms could be a lil' better, maybe skinnier, though initial size of the parts dictate that above what can actually be done.

There's not much to dislike here. It's one of the best mocs I've seen from you for awhile.

Now I have to go back and disfigure mine so it doesn't look as much like yours, ya' rat bastard. |-D

(Not to mention, your proportions flow WAY better than the ones on mine... you've put it to shame and it hadn't even been published yet!)

I really like the way this looks. The horns and color scheme looks very good.

Two things I would change. The head looks out of place. It is so black compared to the rest that I think it looks off. The two holes on the forehead look . . . stupid. Maybe use half pins and add some horn there. The other thing I think could use improvemnet is the sword. It is a little small and skinny. Maybe try useing two fire columns place very close together.

Other than that I am liking it a lot. Does it pose?

Does it pose?

Absolutely. Thet thar's Bionicle parts.

I see:

neck

shoulders

elbows

wrists

waist (turns)

pelvis

knees

ankles

and maybe the wings.

ACTION SHOTS! ACTION SHOTS!

Does it pose?

Yep. All the areas Jinzo mentioned, plus the wings move at a joint on the back, each wing independent of the other.

ACTION SHOTS! ACTION SHOTS!

I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm trying to find the perfect action pose. It must be perfect!

The head looks out of place. It is so black compared to the rest that I think it looks off

I agree, but the red hau melts in with the 'helmet', and the white one looked to skeletal. And I couldn't find the grey one. Plus, the character's always had an infected hau, for story purposed, back when MOCs of mine had stories. It's a throwback.

The two holes on the forehead look . . . stupid. Maybe use half pins and add some horn there

Didn't look as good as you might think. Tried it. No good. Also tried adding studless plates, also not good. Too many corners, not enough round.

The other thing I think could use improvemnet is the sword. It is a little small and skinny. Maybe try useing two fire columns place very close together.

I've always preferred long, skinny swords. Ones easy to wield single-handedly. Plus, I'm totally out of flames as far as I could tell. There's probably more, I just didn't feel like digging anymore.

Agh... after seeing Thraxis's creation, I was going to use a flame sword I'd built just for a moc looking very much like this one. Figures.

X D

Sorry man. Should've told me. I'd totally let you post first, and then we could call me the look-alike.

Good use of the white barbs at the top of the pelvis

So last minute it's not even funny.

There's not much to dislike here. It's one of the best mocs I've seen from you for awhile.

Which is high praise, I didn't even get a "Looks like everything else you build" comment! Whoo!

Now I have to go back and disfigure mine so it doesn't look as much like yours, ya' rat bastard.  |-D

(Not to mention, your proportions flow WAY better than the ones on mine... you've put it to shame and it hadn't even been published yet!)

It took forever to get the proportions near right too. Plus, I'm a tweaker. I'd think I had it done, only to see something I could do differently with something else. And make it better. So I'd tweak. He was so not this tall to begin with. Then I tweaked. And again, and again... I'm horrible.

And...

<<DV>>

The two holes on the forehead look . . . stupid. Maybe use half pins and add some horn there

Didn't look as good as you might think. Tried it. No good. Also tried adding studless plates, also not good. Too many corners, not enough round.

Unless you're using a different terminology, I think two tiny friction pin / stud connectors followed by a regular red smooth tile would've stuck out, but being a dragon cowl, it'd look kinda' snouty and right. Or since it's angled upwards slightly, two 1 x 1 red slopes side by side so the fatass part of them is hanging towards the bottom of the stud... of course being attached to frictionless pins means they may sway, but it'd look good in a pic.

Sorry man. Should've told me. I'd totally let you post first, and then we could call me the look-alike.

Bah. lol. This is a first-come, first-serve hobby. :-D

It took forever to get the proportions near right too. Plus, I'm a tweaker. I'd think I had it done, only to see something I could do differently with something else. And make it better. So I'd tweak. He was so not this tall to begin with. Then I tweaked. And again, and again... I'm horrible.

No, that's love. Mr.Gray (Trobenjin in my BShelf) has been "done" for a few months now. Every time I went to throw him up on there, I got some brilliant idea and reworked something. There's merit in having the willpower to not just publish anything the second it seems done. Chances are noone'd ever care or notice, but them's the breaks. YOU'D still know.

The other thing I think could use improvemnet is the sword. It is a little small and skinny. Maybe try useing two fire columns place very close together.

I've always preferred long, skinny swords. Ones easy to wield single-handedly. Plus, I'm totally out of flames as far as I could tell. There's probably more, I just didn't feel like digging anymore.

How do you run out of flames? I have over 1000 of them. *wacko* Now green, blue and purple flames, that is a different story. :(

Maybe just us two standard 1x1 round plates in red. Still round but not gapping holes.