Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

The Iron Cross a BS find

thindexedgif.gif 82c

I just found this ship on BS, from user Rack911.

It may be the first decent ship made on the 4+ hulls:

battle-ship-ironcross01.jpg

I also like how he made the water, though the waves may have been made a little better the colors work really well IMO.

So i think people with only the 4+ hulls can start on making decent ships as well now. :pir-wink:

Here's the whole gallery.

This is indeed a brave attempt to make a decent ship on those hulls. Once I did see another one on these hulls which I liked a lot.

Looking at the pics in the BS folder I've discovered some interesting details of the ship. But of course the sails give this ship a bit extra. They look very much alive and real. Nice find!

I'm surprised about it as well, an extraordinary creation I must say!

I think this is the first good-looking ship I see on 4+ hulls, great job.

The sails are awesome, they make me think at Germany because the black cross.

Wasn't the Iron Cross a German medallion in WW2? :pir-oh:

There are some quite awesome details on this vessel. Great find CGH! :thumbup:

Looking at those hull sections i am quite suprised at how well this ship has turned out

The sails are awesome, they make me think at Germany because the black cross.

Wasn't the Iron Cross a German medallion in WW2? :pir-oh:

The original iron cross pre dates the Iron cross of WW2 by about 100 years

This is a very cool ship.

One thing I really like is that the Iron Cross was established when the Prussians went to war against Napoleon. I know there are a lot of Napoleonic fans on here so this ship should really be a big hit!

I know there are a lot of Napoleonic fans on here so this ship should really be a big hit!

It is, but the French fleet in the EB harbour is still at large!

I see some knights on board there... can they stand against the EB United Bluecoat forces? :pir-tongue:

One thing I really like is that the Iron Cross was established when the Prussians went to war against Napoleon.

Didn't had the Teutonic Knights white armour with a black cross on it? They were in the middle ages and they lived in the areas what is called Germany now.

Didn't had the Teutonic Knights white armour with a black cross on it? They were in the middle ages and they lived in the areas what is called Germany now.

The Teutons still live as a minor German society!

In the Napoleonic era they were mostly travelling salesmen and large cattleowners. In general, they were very rich which is the reason their order got nearly decimated during the Napoleonic era, where money and craftmanship were of real value.

They were very popular in The Lower Countries, Germany and even France because they paid with and only accepted real gold and silver coins, not the "wortheless" paper printed by Napoleons and other nations presses.

very original and very nicely made! he did a great use of this hull!

can they stand against the EB United Bluecoat forces? :pir-tongue:

Well we weren't discussing that, everyone knows that they can't. No point in even talking about it anymore. :jollyroger:

The sails indeed really add a lot to this ship. Some parts might be a bit fantasy like, but the overall shape is definitly good.

Has anybody started an attempt to do one like this on that hull?

It is, but the French fleet in the EB harbour is still at large!

I see some knights on board there... can they stand against the EB United Bluecoat forces? :pir-tongue:

Well you're gonna have to keep building with all those red ships in the making... :pir-look:

But i predict the Dutch will rule the seas once more!

No worries about our fleet CGH! I'm planning to make a new ship, larger then the Formidable...

All I need is time and the exams are coming. After that I start building. :pir-skull:

I have made a 16 gun (galleon? brig?) warship, see it here, on LDD. Now, if it's on LDD, do you know what that means?

IT CAN BE MASS PRODUCED!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

*flees*

but that is a cool ship, built on a much-hated hull :pir-sick: I didn't think many people could actually build a ship from that. Good for him! :thumbup:

Edited by Admiral M