Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Train Town

traintech1.jpg

I've been busy since last night, building the beautiful Emerald Night, and breaking out some train sets for a town to host the new set. Well, this one is a mix of Classic, World City, and Farm with lots of green representing more of a small country town (with the exception of the World City Train station that's got a more modern look.

I'll share a few more pictures, but here's the town. I still need to build the Train Engine Shed, but this didn't come out too bad:

traintown1.jpg

NOTE: Building around track is tricky.

Here's a shot of the "older" down town area:

traintown2.jpg

It's good to see your Emerald Night up and running! :classic:

I was too busy doing the Classic Town contest to build mine this weekend... priorities!

The layout does look nice, although I think the newer Train Station would probably work a little better than the World City one :wink:

Nice layout! I especially love your Emerald Night! :wink: I wish I had that level crossing! You seem to have been lucky. You got it with old gray bricks.

A nice layout with some fine small town charm indeed, but that farm set looks a little torn apart and where´s your neat farm house,

it would fit in very nicely for sure... ah well, it´s a WIP of course and we´ll soon be able to see how that project´s going to expand...

The Emerald Night makes it automatically awesome.

In fact, it's a town built around the Emerald Night

With all that green, it looks very peacefull

I really prefer the look of the green baseplates over the older grey or newer bley. The only problem is that the road section is wider with only six studs on the sides. Doesn't give you much building space. The advantage is they work for wider vehicles.

I think the newer Train Station would probably work a little better than the World City one :wink:

Yes, you're absolutely right SC. I built the World City station because it's my only one, but I just ordered the new one this evening.

I wish I had that level crossing! You seem to have been lucky. You got it with old gray bricks.

It's a really nice set, but I didn't know it came with newer bley bricks though?

but that farm set looks a little torn apart and where´s your neat farm house,

it would fit in very nicely for sure...

Good point about the farm. I have moved the two components (silo & barn) together, and it looks much better. The tan bricks for the farm house were used to build the Indiana Jones/Desert Adventure Hideout, then used again for Grimwell Manor. :wink:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I added the Train Engine Shed Sunday and have the new station on order. Can't wait to make some changes again. These WIP creations are fun! In the picture, the town looks so small, but in fact, I've placed two large boards on my regular table making it much larger. The images mask the true size of the creation.

More to come, perhaps even a Train Mystery... :skull:

That's a great Town layout, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

The houses are all on their right place - I only would add the stables to the farm and not let it stand seperately.

It's really nice to see the Main Street appearing there! :wub:

Although you already have some of them on your layout I'd perhaps add some more minifigs and cars - but that's my opinion.

The train crossing is a very nice addition, too, and adds more realism. :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Nice town,

I'd tend to agree about the ultra-modern station amongst your otherwise classic styled village, but it's your town, and it is a neat set. I like how you split up the farm, the smaller sections have a more classic town look to them, then one large farm complex.

As to the buildable area of road baseplates, if you need to expand the buildable area, check my sig for 8 and 16 wide baseplates.

When we see the expanded layout. I hope it includes a stop in Gravestone!

For those of you who had recommended the new startion, thank you. I put it together this afternoon, and must say that I really like it. The architecture fits in very well with the classic Main Street, as the station has a single window with arch similar to that of the Drivers Ed building of Main St.

I did combine the farm set, but ended up placing the cows in another part of the town. I love those brown fences! -Reminds me of an Eagles song.

You'll also spot the Hobby Train Crocodile engine in the background. It's a fantastic train!

In any case, Train Town is shaping up nicely, and you may be seeing it again very soon.

Until then, here's the latest:

traintown5.jpg

Link to LARGE Picture