BrickworldBryan

Brickworld - Thursday Workshops

bw09-logo.png

Share - Learn - Explore - Discover

The Brickworld Team is in full swing preparing for the event. We are thrilled to have 5 leaders lined up to head workshops on Thursday. The Thursday workshops are each 3 hours in length. There is a limit to the number of people in each workshop. So, there is a special registration required on your Brickworld registration page. The workshops will open for registration on May 1st.

The morning workshops run from 9 AM - noon. The afternoon workshops run from 1 PM - 4 PM.

We hope you have as tough a time choosing between workshops as we did!!!

Thanks to our workshop leaders.

This year's workshops are:

Studs Out Mosaics with PicktoBrick

Afternoon workshop led by David Gregory

In this workshop you will learn how to use PicToBrick to create studs-out mosaics. David developed this class to help teach others about the great possibilities of the PicToBrick program, created by Tobias Reichling and Adrian Schutz. You'll learn the features of the program from installation to building a color palette to mixing plates and bricks while building your mosaics. Join us as we explore the fun of turning a digital image into a two dimensional LEGO creation. The workshop includes a hands-on project to create a 30" x 40" brick mosaic.

Art & Architecture

Morning workshop led by Arthur Gugick

In this workshop, you will learn about translating the architectural features of real world structures into works of LEGO art. Capturing the fine details is about knowing what LEGO elements work best. Arthur is a master in the scale recreation of architectural structures.

Attend this workshop and learn some of the secrets of creating these

artistic structures.

Introduction to LEGO Animation

Afternoon workshop led by David Pagano

Building for display isn't quite the same as building for cinema. A brick filming primer, this workshop offers a look at the more animated side of the LEGO hobby. Come see a variety of innovative films; learn techniques for setup, construction, and animation with LEGO; and take part in a hands-on demonstration where you can try your hand at bringing minifigs to life.

MLCAD 101

Morning workshop led by Jeramy Spurgeon

Documenting our creations is the final step that we all wish we could do. MLCAD makes this possible. Participate in this workshop and learn how to start using MLCAD and learn how exciting it can be to see your creations take shape on the computer screen. Use this ability to share your creations with others. Remember, copying is the sincerest form of flattery.

LPUB 101

Afternoon workshop led by Kevin Clague

Once you have learned how to document your creation using MLCAD, the ability to print professional looking building instructions is just another step or two away. LPUB is a tool developed by Kevin Clague. It uses your MLCAD files to generate step-by-step instructions. This workshop will introduce you to the basics of LPUB and put you on the road to generating your own instructions for friends to build your creations.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago when we light up the night with World of Lights!!!

Regards, The Brickworld Team

Brickworld will be held June 18 - 21, 2009 at the Westin North Shore Hotel in

Wheeling, IL (a suburb of Chicago).

visit the Brickworld Web Site by clicking here

Introduction to LEGO Animation

Afternoon workshop led by David Pagano

Building for display isn't quite the same as building for cinema. A brick filming primer, this workshop offers a look at the more animated side of the LEGO hobby. Come see a variety of innovative films; learn techniques for setup, construction, and animation with LEGO; and take part in a hands-on demonstration where you can try your hand at bringing minifigs to life.

I love David Pagano's videos! I really wish I could come to that!

Edited by General Armendariz

Hehe, just finished making 4 mosaics using PicToBrick, so I'm not sure if I should go to that one. I'm definitely going to Arthur's workshop, though.

These all sound great! I wonder if Gugick has a new class prepared, because I've already been to 1, and I'd like some variety. :thumbup:

This sounds like really great workshops.

If I was to go, I would certanly try to catch those.

For you who are, I think you should try to go to this.

Thanks for sharing this information to us BrickworldBryan.

-Ras-

I love David Pagano's videos! I really wish I could come to that!

I'll try to go and take notes. After class you can copy them. :tongue:

I'm a registered, paid attendee and I can't find anywhere to sign up for the classes after logging in.

Anyone have any better luck?

I'm a registered, paid attendee and I can't find anywhere to sign up for the classes after logging in.

Anyone have any better luck?

Sorry, I’ve been asleep at the wheel again. :)

Workshop registration is now open (I just flipped the switch). You must be signed into the Brickworld web-site & be registered to attend. Under ‘Program’ click on ‘June 18, 2009’, then under each workshop, there will be a link ‘register for workshop’. Click the link under the workshop you desire to register for.

--Mike.

Thanks Mike. Architecture and Murals! Yaay!

Bryan, I just got your e-mail, so I'm working on your request.

Hello, long time no see, EB. :tongue:

I still cannot find the workshop registration on the website? Any help?

This is what Bryan wrote above:
There is a limit to the number of people in each workshop. So, there is a special registration required on your Brickworld registration page. The workshops will open for registration on May 1st.

Have you logged in and searched?

CopMike

Go to the actual workshop descriptions and click register (you have to be logged in...)

Have you logged in and searched?

CopMike

You're signed up for Arthur's Art & Architecture. :wink: