Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

Brickshelf find: White Castle

not really my kind of taste, i'm afraid to say...

what's so interesting about this one?

The fact that sitting on that table is $400 worth of rare minifigures/accessories.

Not my style either. I would like the castle if it was a little taller maybe.

::Clicked on topic expecting a moc of a White Castle restaurant::

I think the moc is hurt by the fact it's stacked like a fancy birthday cake.

Although all those escalating ledges would make good as a deterrant in a real-life frontal assault.

I just haven't seen a castle built totally in white yet. And yes, it does look like a birthday/wedding cake. A bit taller and it would look like that city in LOTR, though...

There weren't any white castles in the castle theme were there? Or any white at all for that matter! The only white structures were in the pirate theme and they avoided looking like Chistmas cakes by mixing yellow.

And Hobbes, that Lord of the Rings city is Minas Tirith...

not that great... he could have made some better figures too considering all the money had to spend on those classic Knights visors...

All those white visors! :oD .. and those shadow knights!!

The model looks fairly simple, the curved wall lookf effective, although its the only really neat thing about the actual castle. I think this is a simple MOC designed to display some rare and expensive figs! ;)

Jon.

not that great... he could have made some better figures too considering all the money had to spend on those classic Knights visors...

How do you know he spent lots of money on those visors? He might have been really lucky and got them for nothing and thus takes them for granted hence why the figures are nothing special. Not that I really see what the problem is, but I don't know much about castle matters. Its like a foreign language to me, this castle stuff...

I think you guys are being a bit harsh.

It's a very striking look, and does serve to show off the array of figs very well. It would be an excellent display piece, but much less fun to play with. I think he was going for the Minas Tirith look, but he'll need about 2000$ more to go the distance with the full seven levels and impressive enough army.

It all depends if you like your world tidy, neat, and ruled by law and order, or crazy and chaotic with wild tribesman pillaging your helpless peasant stock.

Striking, but the figs stand out above the MOC...

God Bless,

Nathan

Don't say because some people don't like this MOC that we are being 'harsh'. In fact.. not a single comment I read is harsh. In fact most of them offer constructive critism.

Calling a castle a Christmas cake is the worsest insult you can give to a castle. But since you're not a castle it doesn't have the same effect on you. Next time you see a white castle, call it a christmas cake and see how upset it gets!

Okay... I tried and it didn't turn out too well!

But I didn't call THIS paticular one a Christmas cake!

Calling a castle a Christmas cake is the worsest insult you can give to a castle. But since you're not a castle it doesn't have the same effect on you. Next time you see a white castle, call it a christmas cake and see how upset it gets!

It's all a matter of perspective. The christmas cake wouldn't be impressed, either, if it were told it looked like "that white brickshelf castle"...

How would a Christmas cake know what a BrickShelf castle was? Are Christmas cakes browsing the Internet these days and developing interests in LEGO?

Striking, but the figs stand out above the MOC...

God Bless,

Nathan

Agreed. What castle fan wouldn't give their left nut for those figs? (male castle fan naturally).

You guys can squabble amongst yourselves for the figures and I'll take all the pieces for use in my Imperial MOCs...

How would a Christmas cake know what a BrickShelf castle was? Are Christmas cakes browsing the Internet these days and developing interests in LEGO?

That's the point. If it's called something it doesn't know it must be insulting.

As for cakes browsing the internet: if I look at my keyboard - yes, they are...