Sign in to follow this  
Righteous Squid

The Batmobile vs Joker's Mobile Disco Truck

The Professor is on his way to Gotham's hippest party,

Personal invite in hand and brand new wig on head.

As he puts on his best Saturday Night Fever strut

one thing is on his mind, he's going to get down, party and have a good time...

j1.jpg

Yeeeaaahhh! Its the Jest for Laughs FM Mobile Disco Shack.

Gotham's trendiest new Radio Station is on the air and hitting the streets...

j2.jpg

Everyone is here, everyone hip and funky that is...

j3.jpg

The crowd cheers as the rocking laser light extend...

j4.jpg

j5.jpg

The music starts pumping and the crowd goes wild.

The professor is an instant hit with the ladies as he throws some funky shapes.

j6.jpg

The truck starts to belch out green dry ice...

j7.jpg

...hold on who is the DJ at the controls?

j8.jpg

Thats not dry ice... but it seems to be pretty funny - the crowd falls about laughing...

j9.jpg

j10.jpg

Oh dear party goers looks like a party pooping gatecrasher has arrived.

j10a.jpg

j11.jpg

j12.jpg

j13.jpg

The lazers swivel toward the Batmobile ... they pack more punch than a harmless light show...

j14.jpg

j15.jpg

j16.jpg

The Batmobile has a sting of its own...

j18.jpg

j19.jpg

j20.jpg

Oh no ... bouncing Joker bombs...

j23.jpg

...clatter harmlessly of the Batmobile's armoured shell...

j24.jpg

The Batmobile swings across to force the Disco Truck of the road...

j25.jpg

But the Mobile Disco Shack is more than a truck...

j26.jpg

So long Batman - looks like the bad guys win this time...

j27.jpg

The professor doesn't seem too bothered.

Looks like he's finally found a hairstyle he can be happy with...

j50.jpg

To be continued...

The Batmobile is eight wide and fits better with the current city scale.

It is built, I think, mostly with parts from the official Batmobile (grey parts replaced with Black equivalent).

This was built over a year ago and was what started my Batman MOCing.

I had to do it because the official Batmobile was too big.

At first I tried simply modding it but after two attempts I just disassembled it and started from scratch.

It is a cross between the Tim Burton Batmobile and the Batmobile represented by the UCS set.

Feel free to comment ...

Edited by Righteous Squid

Funny :thumbup: I like the pop-up guns on the Batmobile and the professer's wig (The new one) :tongue:

Favorite Quote:

Oh no ... bouncing Joker bombs...

...clatter harmlessly of the Batmobile's armoured shell...

Goodbye...

*The critic*

Edited by YG-49

Thank you Squid! I have been waiting for a new Batman model for days!

The Joker truck is awesome!! :sweet:

Sort of a land Joker copter, complete with missles.

Does the joker fit in the back with the top closed?

My dial-up has prevented me from seeing the new batmobile, but I will eventually! :devil:

Good job!

Scratch that, now I have seen the Bat Car

I want it! :wub:

It looks sleek. And it would be a matter of moments to put flick fire missles

where the two gray cross pegs are. I like this smaller version.

And one last thing, it seems this party was wild enough for Spiderman to cross into a different world!

How wild would that kind of party have to be, I wonder?

Edited by DoctorDude234

Funny :thumbup: I like the pop-up guns on the Batmobile and the professer's wig (The new one) :tongue:

I'm quite fond of the pop-up guns. I had to get rid of the ugly lego shooter but wanted some element of functionality. These are inspired by the pop up machine guns on the Burton Batmobile of course.

Thank you Squid! I have been waiting for a new Batman model for days!

Yes, indeed, we need more Baman models. Why should Star Wars, City and Pirates have the limelight to themselves? :tongue:

Maybe if we show our commitment to Lego Batman we will shame Lego back into releasing more sets. :sceptic:

The Joker truck is awesome!! :sweet:

Sort of a land Joker copter, complete with missles.

Does the joker fit in the back with the top closed?

Thanks :thumbup: I liked the missiles/cannons on the Joker's copter so I decided to keep them as a feature of the truck.

Joker fits comfortably at the controls in the back of the truck when the top is down.

I want it! :wub:

It looks sleek. And it would be a matter of moments to put flick fire missles

where the two gray cross pegs are. I like this smaller version.

Thanks again.

Not sure why you'd be so keen to include flick fire missiles (you're not an employee of Lego's design team by any chance? :laugh:) but I don't think they would then fit down into the body.

And one last thing, it seems this party was wild enough for Spiderman to cross into a different world!

How wild would that kind of party have to be, I wonder?

Well next time I get an invite I'll be sure to attend and let you know.

By the grins on everyones faces it must by good. :wink:

Nice work again! ) :classic::thumbup:

I like the truck especially. Looks pretty crazy to me. )

Please do continue, and I'm always eager to see your future MOCs.....

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Thanks again.

Not sure why you'd be so keen to include flick fire missiles (you're not an employee of Lego's design team by any chance? :laugh:) but I don't think they would then fit down into the body.

Dang, you caught me. Now I have to kill you. :tongue:

Wait, who would make awesome bat-models? :cry_sad:

hmmm :hmpf_bad:

But seriously, when I saw the pop up guns I didn't know that they actually popped up.

I like the truck especially. Looks pretty crazy to me. )

Please do continue, and I'm always eager to see your future MOCs.....

Thanks Again. :thumbup:

With the Joker still on the loose things can only get crazier.

Batman vs Joker at The Crazy Clown coming soon(ish).

Dang, you caught me. Now I have to kill you. :tongue:

Perhaps if you had read my introduction you wouldn't be so confident... :skull:

But seriously :sadnew: , now that I have uncovered your little secret and laid out my credentials perhaps I can persuade you to forget about flick fire missiles and big rubber missile shooters.

Actual laughing gas functionality is the way forward. Just think of the play possibilities. :grin:

great work :thumbup: that batmobile is awesome and so are the decals and the truck :thumbup:

Ridiculously awesome creations as always Righteous Squid, though what else is there to expect from a username like that? :laugh:

The professor is hilarious as always, I like that you are always taking a new angle in him, him being a hippy here is just ingenious. The Joker's Jest For Laughs Mobile Disco Shack is totally awesome, I'd never have thought of that. The face with the tongue at the front is especially cool, great piece for the nose too. The writing style choice for the sides fits in great too, I didn't even notice the stickytape the first time looking. The only thing that really annoys me is that the edge of one of the sticktapes isn't even. The lightshow display is quite clever, I have quite an admiration for people who can work functions into their mocs since I'm so hopeless at it. Sweet Joker gas effects too.

The actual work station for the Joker is really nice too, I love the controls and extra Joker gas cans. And the bouncing bomb flaps are a neat addition, reminds me of the bowling bombs off of Crash Team Racing (yes, I still play the Playstation 1, sue me!).

Now the Batmobile is just sweet! While I'm perfectly happy with the actual Batmobile's size since the animated series one was so huge, I love how you've resized it, you've definitely got a knack for things like that. Gosh I love how sleek it is, a marvelous job, especially since the cockpit piece you chose is one I normally don't like, but it really works in this instance. The fins at the back are really good too, I'm glad you kept them. The only thing I don't like are the guns, those better be grapple hooks good sir! :tongue:

Overall fantastic stuff even if the proffesor has a somewhat bittersweet time! Any other plans on the horizon? And any chance you post a slight deconstruction of the Batmobile? If not that is perfectly okay, just thanks for posting!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

great work :thumbup: that batmobile is awesome and so are the decals and the truck :thumbup:

Ridiculously awesome creations as always Righteous Squid, though what else is there to expect from a username like that? :laugh:

Perhaps a jet of black ink? Who knows?

The Joker's Jest For Laughs Mobile Disco Shack is totally awesome, I'd never have thought of that. The face with the tongue at the front is especially cool, great piece for the nose too. The writing style choice for the sides fits in great too, I didn't even notice the stickytape the first time looking. The only thing that really annoys me is that the edge of one of the sticktapes isn't even. The lightshow display is quite clever, I have quite an admiration for people who can work functions into their mocs since I'm so hopeless at it. Sweet Joker gas effects too.

Thanks. Inspiration comes from strange places sometimes. This idea started with the red 'nose' piece. For some reason the scene from Batman where one of his goons falls from the ballon tether onto the TV truck is lodged more vividly than some other scenes in that movie. Since it was not possible to do huge ballons I needed another 'attraction' for Joker to lure the people of Gotham onto the streets. The nose combined with a vague concept of the TV truck and evolved as I included my favorite part of the helicopter. At one stage it was the 'Disco Shark' - the top with the fin had eyes - but I decided that was a bit too left field so I cahanged it into a little jet scooter for quick getaways.

Sorry about the stickytape - a year ago it was supposed to be a temporary measure - Sometime I will get around to doing proper decals.

The actual work station for the Joker is really nice too, I love the controls and extra Joker gas cans. And the bouncing bomb flaps are a neat addition, reminds me of the bowling bombs off of Crash Team Racing (yes, I still play the Playstation 1, sue me!).

I was a fan of Mario Kart back in the day. I think you might like the next installment of the battle between Bats and Joker at the Crazy Clown. :wink:

Now the Batmobile is just sweet! While I'm perfectly happy with the actual Batmobile's size since the animated series one was so huge, I love how you've resized it, you've definitely got a knack for things like that. Gosh I love how sleek it is, a marvelous job, especially since the cockpit piece you chose is one I normally don't like, but it really works in this instance. The fins at the back are really good too, I'm glad you kept them. The only thing I don't like are the guns, those better be grapple hooks good sir! :tongue:

The Batmobile is still a fair size compared to other cars (will post a pic for reference) but I am happier with this scale which is closer to the Burton films and more managable for play and for the streets of Gotham - should they ever be built. The cockpit piece just happens to be one of my favorite (and I have too many of the huge one and not have enough of these - darn you Lego :hmpf:).

The fins were the biggest challenge because they are a little on the large size for my liking and I had to set them deeper into the back body wasting space I would have liked for storage - which at present is under the bonnet (hood) instead of an engine.

As for the guns, they might be grapple hooks :sceptic: They don't ACTUALLY shoot bullets OR grappling hooks. :grin:

Of course Batman only uses them carefully perhaps to shoot bouncing bombs or tyres and for other NON-LEATHAL uses, like in BATMAN where he shoots the doors of the Axis chemical factory (of course there he then blew up the factory with Joker's henchmen still inside - I never did like that aspect of it).

My son is now quite clear that Batman does not kill but captures the criminals and hands them over to the police.

Overall fantastic stuff even if the proffesor has a somewhat bittersweet time! Any other plans on the horizon? And any chance you post a slight deconstruction of the Batmobile? If not that is perfectly okay, just thanks for posting!

Will post some photos of the Batmobile partially deconstructed when I post the next installment of the Joker escapade at the Crazy Clown (already taking pictures). :classic:

Hey Batbrick - pics of a partialy disassembled Batmobile as requested - I didn't take it apart completely as with Penguin's duck since I wasn't confident I could rebuild it correctly again - hopefully these willl be enough - any questions just ask - (non black bits are present in some places because I borrowed them for other MOCs)

bm01.jpg

bm02.jpg

bm03.jpg

bm04.jpg

bm05.jpg

bm06.jpg

bm07.jpg

bm08.jpg

bm09.jpg

bm10.jpg

Thanks a heap mate, this certainly looks good, I'll get around to doing it soon. Certainly it looks good enough to keep as permanently, but I hope you don't mind if I include my own little spin on it :classic:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great little story! :thumbup: I really like the classical batman ambiance you gave to it with the gas truck :wink: