Sign in to follow this  
Legoman

Your best "did buy story"

well i have had a few good deals :oD but the best was ultimate space battle for $15us + a 300 word essay on why :P with free mini arc fighter ;)

The famous yellow castle, completely, with box and instructions MINT, with MORE minifigs (two grey visor, two red, one black, one white, and 5 normal soldiers) with extra weapons and shields for $130US on ebay ^_^

I was bidding on a Carribean Clipper that didn't have the string and had some wrinkled sails (I didn't mind because I could just buy some new string and iron the sails) and I got outbid in the last few minutes. Needless to say I was very angry...

I bid on another one... and for a few dollars cheaper, I got a like-new Carribean Clipper. The quality was incredible. The pieces were actually harder to put together because the set had obviously only been put together once and taken apart once.

And then a few days later, I got an e-mail from the seller of the Carribean Clipper I originally bid on - apparently the (%&*($& who outbid didn't pay! Too late.. I already got my mint one...

There's a few. Top Three:

3. Scorpion Palace. Saw it in The Entertainer in Birmingham, didn't get it. Came back a week later and it was still there.

OMG so many deals stand out. Maybe this one the most.

A german seller, not the best feedback record on ebay to say the least, but I had bought from him before and he seemed OK, sold me:

8480 space shuttle technic

6195 Neptume discovery lab

6175 crystal explorer

6278 enchanted island

+ about 6 other lesser sets including Indians, Adventurers, Town, etc

All for $140 US. Just the shuttle usually goes for that much. Shipping was only $30 since I used surface mail. It took 7 weeks to get here, and when I got to the postoffice it was this enormous box I could barely lift.

None of hte sets were mint, and a piece or two were missing for each of them, but it was nothing major, he included most of hte boxes, most of the instructions, and I spent weeks gradually sorting and rebuilding them.

That stands out the most.

Oh yes, and Republic Gunship for $30 Canadian. It seems like they somehow made to the bargain basement stores at 70% discount in Canada as well as in the UK.

Gyl

EDIT: actually, I just got one today that may top these, although in this forum not too many people seem to care about technic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5998371501

I'mn still unpacking these. Just the big fat technic old-style wheels are worth what I paid (more actually). I estimate there is about 100$ of technic beams in there (lots of 1x16 in yellow and old gray), 20-30$ of pneumatic elements, plates galore, and lots of other goodies. God I love eBay!

Best deal: 50 % off all train LEGO in Illum in Denmark, got 3 boxes of tracks, 1 electrick train speed regulator and one 4565 freight and crain railway!

Second best: ISD with 40 % discount.

Third: new red beard runner 6290 for 50 $ in a local supermarket.

:-D

Morten

My best deals would be-

Scorpion Palace-$20 Canadian

AT TE-$40 Canandian

And I just bought 5 old pirate sets for $50 dollars American on E-bay!

BSB with box and instructions, missing 36 common parts, with extra imperial troops, parts and the baseplate for the Eldorado fortress - $20

Most of the first two SW lines (OT/EpI) for 25-50% :-D

Including the Sith Infiltrator at 30% and the Podrace at 40% :-D

3.  Scorpion Palace.  Saw it in The Entertainer in Birmingham, didn't get it.  Came back a week later and it was still there. 

hmmm...that would have to be the legendary bonus tubs (4679) @ 3 for 2 at TRUS...

God Bless,

Nathan

Nope, believe me, if they did have any more they wouldn't have after i had been there.

There is a sticker on the box which has 29/09/03 on it so it must have got lost somewhere in the store room or recently been returned.

Sign in to follow this