DoctorDude234

Y-Wing alternate

Okay, so what is on my office floor is the remains of 7658, also known as the Y-wing from 2007. :cry_sad:

I am trying to build an alternate out of it, something equally large. as the Y-Wing. I can't do a walker, because I want to just use pieces from the set and there are ony 2 hinges. So if any of you would care to suggest designs to me I would be extremely glad.

Or if you could suggest sets to copy. Tried the ARC Fighter, that didn't work.

So, suggestions welcome.

It's a very distinctive design and some distinctive parts which might be making it difficult for you. Try taking a look through wookieepedia for inspiration. Amongst other things there's various types of airspeeders that you could probably build.

I love this set, it's one of my favourites and it's unlikely I'll ever break it up. If nothing else you can always put it back together! :laugh:

Agreed.

This Y-Wing is one of the great Star Wars sets, the design is super and the Y-Wing is also one of my favorite fighters

7658-1.jpg

I suggest either rebuilding it or do a version of your own :classic:

Thank you gentlemen. But the reason I broke this one up is because it got shoved in a drawer. So began the road to decline... :sad:

But I will definetly check Wookiepedia. Benn there before to look at the vehicles.

Agreed.

This Y-Wing is one of the great Star Wars sets, the design is super and the Y-Wing is also one of my favorite fighters

I suggest either rebuilding it or do a version of your own :classic:

Agreed. This was one of the first sets I bought when I started collecting lego again. If it broke I`d just get it back together as quickly as possible. :tongue:

Hmm...when I was at Hobby Town USA last year in June, I saw the Y-wing, and the Imperial Landing Craft. I was going to get the Imperial Landing Craft, but then I saw the Y-wing. It had almost the same amount of parts as the Landing Craft, but only had two minifigures. It also had no interior space. So I decided to get the Landing Craft.

Is the Y-wing or the Landing Craft better (yes, I know this is off-topic :grin:) in your opinions? I personally think that the Landing Craft is better, and I still do since I modded the interior so it could fit over 7 minifigures, 6 with "positions", and one passenger.

Sorry for the off-topic-ness of this comment. :grin:

If possible, you could try making an X-wing with the pieces, though I doubt that there are enough parts to make it.

Edited by ILikePi

The landing craft was one of the only sets from the 2007 line that I truly wanted but never got. I may have to get one off ebay, as I feel it really would be worth it.

Okay, away from the landing craft for a moment gentlemen. I have built the alternate with several parts to spare

Basically, the engine tube thingies have been shrunken a segment, the bomber pasrt was taken off, and the engiines sit tight next to the considerably smaller chassis. I might build a small speeder out of the spare parts.

The landing craft was one of the only sets from the 2007 line that I truly wanted but never got. I may have to get one off ebay, as I feel it really would be worth it.

the landing craft was too boxy for my taste so i waited until better sets like the AT-TE came out.

Okay, away from the landing craft for a moment gentlemen. I have built the alternate with several parts to spare

Basically, the engine tube thingies have been shrunken a segment, the bomber pasrt was taken off, and the engiines sit tight next to the considerably smaller chassis. I might build a small speeder out of the spare parts.

Pics! :classic:

the landing craft was too boxy for my taste so i waited until better sets like the AT-TE came out.

Typical CW guy.... :tongue:

I'm horrible with a camera!! :tongue::tongue:

However, with help from the kind folks at the reviewers academy, who teach photography, I just

might be able to show it to you guys.

Oh, and there is no yellow.

I often build alternate Star Wars creations out of other sets. My advice would be this: since you're building an alternate model from scratch, let your imagination flow. You have the pieces, now you need the alternate. The biggest thing that you'll want to remember when building an alternate is that you actually don't want to start with an idea, because it won't turn out the way you want it to. Instead, just tinker with the pieces until you have the basic shape of the alternate. Then add on pieces, and change what you need to. The great thing about alternates is that it's almost guaranteed that your creation will look good because the color scheme is already there. Another nice thing is that SW alternates are much easier than themes such as IJ or City- the possibilities are much more numerous. Also, don't feel the need to use every last piece on one model, feel free to build multiple alternates from the same set (that use up all the pieces together). In other words, build more than one model to use up the pieces.

Hopefully this advice is helpful. :classic:

Also, don't feel the need to use every last piece on one model, feel free to build multiple alternates from the same set (that use up all the pieces together). In other words, build more than one model to use up the pieces.

Hopefully this advice is helpful. :classic:

Thanks JimButcher. I actually built a nice turret out of the remaining parts.

I still have some long 2x something plates. Cannot think of a use for those.