DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

BobaClone_1269550999.jpg

He does look a little like a younger Clone I suppose. Bit grumpy too. :tongue:

What I really want to see is a flashack with Jango, but CW style! :sweet:

All I gotta say is: I told you so! :tongue: I think this deserves a deeplink.

BobaClone_1269550999.jpg

Awesome. Both people pictured are. Fett, and, er....well, he looks a bit Gamorrean or some other alien.

I think the episodes air in Canada a week earlier then anywhere else, :tongue: sorry couldn't resist :blush: . I'm glad they decided to introduce Boba into the series rather then work some crazy scheme to get Jango back into the picture, like the one mace killed was actually a clone or something like that. What kind of fighting chance is a kid suppose to have against Jedi though :sceptic: . I hope hes not just running around causing mischief. That would really make me mad.

I think the episodes air in Canada a week earlier then anywhere else, :tongue: sorry couldn't resist :blush: . I'm glad they decided to introduce Boba into the series rather then work some crazy scheme to get Jango back into the picture, like the one mace killed was actually a clone or something like that. What kind of fighting chance is a kid suppose to have against Jedi though :sceptic: . I hope hes not just running around causing mischief. That would really make me mad.

Well, from the picture he looks like he means business. :tongue: Hopefully he will have some balster skills already.

Maybe that dude in the background is his master or teacher?

EDIT: What symbol is it on that alien's armour?

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Anyways to get back to tonight's episode (for the US anyways :blush: ) "Cat and Mouse" here's what I thought.

**SPOILERS PRESENT**

First the pros. Admiral Trench was a brilliant character for what he was. He is the first really competant sepretist commander that we have seen for a long time now, and he was pretty interesting as a character. Besides all that he just looks cool (hey I just like spiders a lot :grin: ). I think it was also great that he was so well developed as an admiral in such a short time. To be totally honest, i'm more afraid of him from one episode then I am of Grievous the entire series so far. I also like that unlike other sepretists we know, Trench knew he was dead and just accepted it peacefully.

Next The cloaking ship and the Providence class were both pretty cool, espsecially the latter. The providence was cool because it looked like it was more of an early model of that class since it's weapons and shields limitations. I also liked how it had those painted "eyes" on it's sides which made it look like a bird. The whole plot with the cloaking ship was pretty cool and I think they did a great job with it. Hopefully they do more with it later on.

Now the cons. Anakain, Anakain, Anakain. He must be the most obnoxious character on the show. Not only does he show a complete lack of respect for Obi-Wan's orders but is at leat three times as reckless as he should be. I like Anakain's recklessness but but it can only go to such an extent. In the real navy and army he would've been either court marshalled or demoted. I also just wish they would have other jedi besides Anakain be the main focus of an episode. For example, they had this whole plotline going on with Admiral Yularen and Admiral Trench, that I would've been more interested seeing Yularen actually do something. Finally The death of Admiral Trench really Megblocked me off. They introduce and build up this really awesome new enemy commander, and you know what they do? They kill him. The sepretists don't look good right now especially when "Bounty Hunters can do a better job then their own commanders (except Trench for some extent.)

Pros:

-Admiral Trench

-good character development

-New Providence class ship

-cloaking ship

-early tie-figther style pilot

-Exciting plotline

Cons:

-Another Anakain story

-Anakain's extreme recklesness

-Trench's death :angry::cry_sad:

-the ending (what happened to the other twnety sepretist ships in the blockade?)

-Another Republic victory again

Anyways besides it's flaws, this episode was exciting and a fresh change of step from last weeks episode. This is probably one of my favs from this season. Anyways thank you for listening to my ranting and goodnight or day.

Now the cons. Anakain, Anakain, Anakain. He must be the most obnoxious character on the show. Not only does he show a complete lack of respect for Obi-Wan's orders but is at leat three times as reckless as he should be. I like Anakain's recklessness but but it can only go to such an extent. In the real navy and army he would've been either court marshalled or demoted. I also just wish they would have other jedi besides Anakain be the main focus of an episode. For example, they had this whole plotline going on with Admiral Yularen and Admiral Trench, that I would've been more interested seeing Yularen actually do something. Finally The death of Admiral Trench really Megblocked me off. They introduce and build up this really awesome new enemy commander, and you know what they do? They kill him. The sepretists don't look good right now especially when "Bounty Hunters can do a better job then their own commanders (except Trench for some extent.)

I think most of my annoyances of Anakin are from his bad design (What are those things on his elbows?!) and his bad actor. He forces his quotes too much, and doesn't sound normal at all.

I actually liked Trenches death. While I liked the idea of a competent character, I wish they hadn't used the spider design for him. But I'm really glad he died because it showed the show maturing. This is the consequence of losing in battle, not escaping yet again, while shouting, "I'll be back, Jedi!"

Oh, and I thought that this from the ep. guide was hilarious:

bts05.jpg

Greeblies? :laugh:

What will be nice is that Boba will be voiced by the same kid who did him in the movie, Daniel Logan. :thumbup:

Although the next episode is two weeks away... :hmpf_bad:

I must certainly agree, tonight's episode was very well done. I loved the Admiral, and I definitely am glad to see a more competent villain.

It's a shame to see him go.

Forresto summed up my thoughts exactly, so I don't have much to add. Great episode! :thumbup:

It sounds like this was a good episode. I cant wait to buy it. I'm dissapointed to see that there's no apparent 'Clone' episodes such as Rookies and The Hidden Enemy. Please correct me if I'm wrong, those were both excellent episodes- the Cody/Rex interaction is just superb.

I just saw the trailer for the Episode 17 on CN today, and I am excited!

It looks like the Weequay Pirates have come back and are terrorizing some alien locals. The Pirate tank with Hondo in it appeared in the trailer, another use for that set!

My description sounds kind of lame, but it looked really good!

Yay for Boba! :cry_happy:

Heres the full picture with Aurra Sing and Bossk:

boba.jpg

Now that he's in, all I want is more Rex and Cody episodes and...PLEASE tell us if Ahsoka dies or not!!! :sing::classic:

Haha teenage Boba looks like a guy from my school! :laugh:

Cat and Mouse was a bit of a let-down. Hoping next weeks episode is better. Anyone have a link to the bounty hunters preview?

Anyone have a link to the bounty hunters preview?

It's not up online yet, but it's been airing on Live TV. I saw it at the beginning of a commercial break while watching a Scooby Doo movie.

Is it just me, or does his tunic look like he's wearing a barber's dress?

Is it just me, or does his tunic look like he's wearing a barber's dress?

LOL it does. Good find. I for one thought cat and mouse was pretty decent.

boba.jpg

Now that he's in, all I want is more Rex and Cody episodes and...PLEASE tell us if Ahsoka dies or not!!! :sing::classic:

Awesome :cry_happy:

It reminds me of the Boba Fett Star Wars book where Boba gets captured by Aurra Sing :sceptic:

Who was the dedication to?.

A nice episode, how ironic master and then apprentice visit the same world, i had wondered if they would do it.

Love the detail in the planets, some awesome work.

One of the farmers sounded like the voice of splinter from the TMNT movie.

Oh and of course, i do like the back and forth between Obi and Hando.

It reminds me of the Boba Fett Star Wars book where Boba gets captured by Aurra Sing :sceptic:

Oh, yeah, i read that book. The series is unfortunatly short, though.

Who was the dedication to?.

A nice episode, how ironic master and then apprentice visit the same world, i had wondered if they would do it.

Love the detail in the planets, some awesome work.

One of the farmers sounded like the voice of splinter from the TMNT movie.

Oh and of course, i do like the back and forth between Obi and Hando.

This episode was a tribute to Akira Kurosawa, the film director of "7 Samurais".

Bossk and Boba Fett. Was it known already why they hate each other? If so, I didn't know about it, heh.

If not, maybe it happens in the Clone Wars.

On Wookieepedia something's known about a season 3 episode already, it sounds horrible. :cry_sad:

Link

I don't know if that episode has been confirmed already, but if you read the description, you'll hate it just like I do.

April fools, where? :tongue: Alright, I think it's a joke.

Seriously though, I do not know anything about that but I know it's very likely a fool trying to be funny.

Look at the "previous" and "next" episodes. Wulff Yularen's day off? Rex and Cody's Excellent adventure? Goodness..

I still have to watch every episode after "Landing at point rain", so I haven't seen them yet,

but is there any logical explanation why Jedi team up with some bounty hunters in episode 17?

Other than those things, it seems we're in 20 BBY already, as Boba Fett is twelve in the upcoming episode.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma