DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

Though the Mandos look cool, I hate that voice talent for the head guy, whoever he is. He just sounds really bad to me, not very menacing, more like a weak guy trying to be menacing, but failing. I think one problem is that his voice is too smooth and plain, something more gravely and lower would make him seem cooler, to me anyway.

The trailer looks really interesting. I really cant wait to watch it!

I honestly hope that the republic does'nt win . . . . again!

This three parter could be really awesome, and I really like the architectrual style of Mandalore.

I kind of hope that the Death Watch win. It'd be a good chance to give the Mandalorian's a good television appearance and have an episode where the good guys have a loss.

I am not sure about a black light saber though. A bit weird.

Its good that its a 3 part one because that gives it more chance to be made into lego.

Though the Mandos look cool, I hate that voice talent for the head guy, whoever he is. He just sounds really bad to me, not very menacing, more like a weak guy trying to be menacing, but failing. I think one problem is that his voice is too smooth and plain, something more gravely and lower would make him seem cooler, to me anyway.

agreed, I do hope we see Boba as an easter egg though. As for Lightsaber Lost, I thought that it went by to fast and I didn't like the way the purple girl looked at all, she had mitts or something as hands and her eyelids were horizontal which just made her look :sick:. I don't like how they introduce new species that have never been referenced in the star wars universe. As for this weeks episode, I hope it lives up to all the expectations of the fans, even though I have a feeling it won't.

agreed, I do hope we see Boba as an easter egg though. As for Lightsaber Lost, I thought that it went by to fast and I didn't like the way the purple girl looked at all, she had mitts or something as hands and her eyelids were horizontal which just made her look :sick:. I don't like how they introduce new species that have never been referenced in the star wars universe. As for this weeks episode, I hope it lives up to all the expectations of the fans, even though I have a feeling it won't.

Yeah she looked like something I would make on Spore. :tongue:

WOW! All those links, there was some great stuff in there. Thanks guys.

DarthSion, that Feloni interview for IGN was amazing! Bossk. Bossk! More bounty hunters? Season 2 is amazing so far.

And with the Mandos stoppin by for a three-parter?

On a side note, I actually liked the last episode, "Lightsaber Lost." If not just to see new characters, faces, and races, I really enjoyed the environment. It reminded me a bit of the scene in AoTC where Obi Wan and Anakin went after Zam. What was really cool was seeing them running atop the roofs...it was just like Bounty Hunter, one of the best Star Wars video games, of coursed based on Jango Fett.

Well, after seeing The Mandalore Plot, I can say without a doubt that my hope for the Clone Wars has been rekindled, if only for three episodes. It was kind of strange with the terrorism bombing, what are the chances of obi-wan and the dutchess being there when It blows up? unless it was planed, but there were no hints to that, then things got really dark as the death watch member in disguise chanted phrases and took his own life, kind of reminded me of something out of the Da Vinci Code, rreally shows how the clone wars is for more mature audiences.

I know there had been discussions about not liking new ships coming from the clone wars, but I think the mando ships were really cool, and besides, they can't all be driving around slave 1's, can they? I was impressed with the ships until I saw that :sick: republic ship at the end, It was a point at the docking bay that looked a lot like an over sized and repainted J-type 327 Nubian Royal Starship but it is known as the Coronet but as it sed off into the distance you could see it was like a giant rectangle, :sick: I'm sorry but what was the point of adding in a new republic frigate, not to mention the fact that it was plain ugly.

Moving on, the part that was simply the best, was the mandalorians, though I did not like the governor playing the lead, and the lightsaber fight at the end was pretty stupid, I did like the Mandalorian troops, they certainly put up quite a challenge for the so called "fearless jedi", and there fighting style really held true to the scene in ATOC with Jango Fett on the landing platform, Bravo Dave. Another indirect reference to the OT would be the way the Mando's jet packs would studder a bit before they started like in ROTJ with Boba's jet pack before he took off from the sail barge to fight Luke, once again Bravo.

I would have preferred a gruff renegade as oppose to a governor to lead the mandos, but over the next two episodes he might look a little better.

Edited by sok117

This weeks episode was plain awesome! I always knew that this trio would be great, and seeing this week's episode and next week's trailer definitely lead me to believe I was right.

I agree that the Coronet was plain ugly, not so much for the Mandalorian transport. For some reason, the helmets look weird to me without the side antenna. (I guess I've been looking at Boba too much!) Otherwise, the Mandalorians were spot on.

I really like the Duchess' character, and it's nice to have a non-Jedi, non-main character woman, that can actually fight and has thorough motivations. I'm sick of Padme getting falling for traps, and Anakin rescuing her. It's so nice to have a competent female, who also seems to be tempting Obi Wan.

Overall, plenty of action, plot, and amazing-ness that I really hope is in the next two episodes. 10/10 Great episode!

I was really impressed by this latest episode.The black lightsaber was awesome and the city on Mandalore was very beautiful. The fact that the pathways that the duchess and Obi wan walked on, out in the city were actually glass pathways that covered other ones was a really nice detail.

@Sok117: That's actually supposed to be the duchesse's ship apparently. I'm going to personally reserve my judgement until I see it better.

I was really impressed by this latest episode.The black lightsaber was awesome and the city on Mandalore was very beautiful. The fact that the pathways that the duchess and Obi wan walked on, out in the city were actually glass pathways that covered other ones was a really nice detail.

@Sok117: That's actually supposed to be the duchesse's ship apparently. I'm going to personally reserve my judgement until I see it better.

Though that may be true, I've seen all I needed to see to know that I don't like it,

as for the City, I thought it was a bit to square, I mean, even the trees were cubes.

Wow, that was a pretty good episode! The opening was very strong with the terrorist attack and suicide, and the final duel was pretty cool. The Mandos were badass, and so was Obi. I love how he took out that one Mando with two quick punches and dodged three heat-seeking missiles! :sweet: Obi is da Man! :grin:

The next episode looks about equally as good, so I'm looking forward to it! :thumbup:

And now I want a Mando BP more than ever! :tongue:

Those Mandos...they're just...insane.

They do their job, and if they caught, do suicide...dang. They're crazy awesome. Best episode of season 2 yet. Don't know about that lightsaber battle at the end, but still cool. Before I saw the governer, I thought the prime minister was going to be the traitor.

Next episode looks awesome, especially with those spider droids.

Before I saw the governer, I thought the prime minister was going to be the traitor.

True, he had that sneaky look in his eyes, and the way he was trying to convince Obi that Mandalorians were innocent was kind of suspicious... Perhaps he will play a bigger role in the next episodes? :look:

I remember.

"Mandolore's violent past is behind us..."

5 minutes later, suicide bombing. :tongue:

Those Mandos...they're just...insane.

They do their job, and if they caught, do suicide...dang. They're crazy awesome. Best episode of season 2 yet. Don't know about that lightsaber battle at the end, but still cool. Before I saw the governer, I thought the prime minister was going to be the traitor.

Next episode looks awesome, especially with those spider droids.

What, you mean Mr. giraffe-neck? :grin:

While I'm dissapointed that they screwed with the Mandalorian history (not to mention Jango's) at least the Death Watch was pretty neat.

What, you mean Mr. giraffe-neck? :grin:

While I'm dissapointed that they screwed with the Mandalorian history (not to mention Jango's) at least the Death Watch was pretty neat.

Oh this should be good, please do enlightening us on how the smeg GEORGE LUCAS can screw up the history on his own show.

Well i must say The Mandalore Plot was pure win! Finally we get to see mandoalorian commandos. :cry_happy:

And that Black lightsaber is in the force unleashed I game but you have to unlock it.

Actually its a Darksaber, not a black lightsaber, its different, a relic of the old republic.