DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

I haven't caught any episodes lately, what have I missed.

I'm defiantly going to catch "Voyage of Temptation," just to see if it makes Obi Wan seem like a hypocrite.

They should call it: "The Intergalactic Love Boat"

Edited by Emperor Claudius Rome

New clone war's episode-Lightsaber Lost

Here's a link to the star war's guild.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode211.html

And here's the preview

http://www.starwars.com/video/

Cool, I can't wait to watch it! :sweet:

It seems very interesting based on the preview. Lots of futuristic billboards and stuff. :tongue:

Does anyone know what Palpatine was saying on the billboard that Ahsoka was hanging onto? :look:

Just watched the preview and it looks really good! The pick pocketer looks really skillful and crafty and should make the chase really interesting.

Okay, I saw the new episode, and... well, meh. I was glad we got to see Coruscant's lower levels, but the the episode as a whole was so-so. I was dissapointed in the thief- I was really expecting her to be some sort of creepy assassin. :sad: The old Jedi guy was all right, but I didn't like the design of his head- especially his mouth. It just seemed incomplete.

I also didn't like the action in this one. It didn't seem very lifelike. From the species of the thief (something-somethingjumper) that must mean she was fairly athletic, or something. Also, the old guy hits her with his cane and she goes flying 30 feet- what?

I also saw the Mandalorian preview. I'm mixed... Supposedly we see Death Watch. However, I thought the Death Watch was wiped out before the CW. Ah well, at least we get some real Mandalorians....and some not-so-Mandalorians.

:sad:

Nice episode. I just love Coruscant, and the characters were pretty entertaining. Kinda odd though that it took the guy with the bionic eye so long to figure out that they were Jedi. I mean, isn't Ahsoka's Padawan jewelry/thingy not a dead give away? Oh well.

On Coruscant, there are always so many great details! For example this billboard traveling ad for Glee Anselm! :laugh:

gleeanselm_img.jpg

Bring on the Mandalorians!

Indeed! :grin: The preview looked pretty good, so I look forward to next Friday!

Speaking of Mandos, Star Wars Insider will have a special on them in the next issue, which is scheduled to hit newsstands January 26th:

newsstand.jpg

So-so episode. I thought the assassin was going to be somewhat better. Did anyone catch what Palpatine was saying on the billboard? The new characters were a bit weird appearance wise, like the Jedi's mouth for one point. Mandalorians! The next episode sure sounds good, as long as they're shown as very tough. I'm sure that everyone knows what a Mandalorian is, not thinking its a Man-Delorian.

I really didn't like this week's episode at all. It had an okay plot, but it was just average. But I can't wait for next week! The Mandos look awesome in the trailer.

And Commander Flash, I watched it with closed captioning, and the Chancellor is talking about that the Jedi have been keeping peace and he wants a law passed to help them. :wink: It's supposed to be ironic.

Thanks Inc, pretty ironic. Hopefully the Death Watch is more of than redeeming for the peaceful Mandalorians. This is a multiple parter, right? Too bad they did a Coruscant crime episode, I've wanted to do one.

Thanks Inc, pretty ironic. Hopefully the Death Watch is more of than redeeming for the peaceful Mandalorians. This is a multiple parter, right? Too bad they did a Coruscant crime episode, I've wanted to do one.

You're welcome. I believe it is a two parter, since many of the images from the season trailer are not in the episode trailer, like the spider/assasin droid thing and the palace in space.

I was actually pretty unimpressed with this weeks episode. :hmpf_bad: The plot was just boring, and the chase scene was way too long. When Ashoka started chasing the jumper woman(her name escapes me), I was literally groaning over yet more chasing.

The ending was pretty anti-climactic, with the old jedi stepping in to finish it off.

The security droids were pretty cool, though.

I really didn't like this week's episode at all. It had an okay plot, but it was just average.

So, an average CW episode is one that you don't like at all? :look: Then why do you keep watching?

The plot was just boring, and the chase scene was way too long. When Ashoka started chasing the jumper woman(her name escapes me), I was literally groaning over yet more chasing.

You mean the first or the second time? The first chase was actually my favorite part of the episode. Kind of reminded me of The Fifth Element.

The security droids were pretty cool, though.

Hehe, yeah. I found it funny how they looked like British police. Wouldn't mind seeing them in a set at some point.

As for what Palpy said on the billboard, the episode guide has an exact quote of it, and Filoni discusses it in the commentary of the episode:

I have no doubt the Jedi are doing their very best to ensure the safety of every citizen in the Republic. The accusations that the Jedi created the Clone War to give themselves more power over the government is absurd, and I will not stand for it.

As I said before, I find it great that they put so much thought into such background details. :thumbup:

Sorry, that was worded badly. The first chase was too long for my tastes, and by the second one I was groaning aloud.

So, an average CW episode is one that you don't like at all? :look: Then why do you keep watching?

C'mon, it's Star Wars, only the best is good enough! :tongue: But seriously, on its own, it's average, but compared to other episodes it's not great, if you get my meaning.

I can't wait for the next friggin episode! It looks awesome.

Spoiler below:

Deathwatch is a group of ex-Mandalorians. They're the ones the killed Jango's parents.
Edited by CallMePie

Sorry, that was worded badly. The first chase was too long for my tastes, and by the second one I was groaning aloud.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. :wink:

C'mon, it's Star Wars, only the best is good enough! :tongue: But seriously, on its own, it's average, but compared to other episodes it's not great, if you get my meaning.

Shouldn't the mere fact that it is Star Wars make it good enough? :tongue: Anyway, I don't get your meaning. The part in bold makes no sense to me. What are you basing this average on? :look:

And while I agree that this isn't the greatest episode ever, it certainly beats episodes like "Bombad Jedi", don't you think? :sceptic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

This week's episode was okay. I didn't like most of it, but I just loved Tera Sinube's lightsaber hilt, which the handle of his cane. Probably the coolest hilt I've ever seen! :laugh:

Also, those security droids were awesome! I always like seeing non-battle droid robots in the series.

Hehe, yeah. I found it funny how they looked like British police. Wouldn't mind seeing them in a set at some point.
I wouldn't mind seeing every new character immortalized into LEGO form! :laugh:
As for what Palpy said on the billboard, the episode guide has an exact quote of it, and Filoni discusses it in the commentary of the episode:

As I said before, I find it great that they put so much thought into such background details. :thumbup:

Cool, thanks for the link! I always like watching those behind the scenes videos. :thumbup:

Shouldn't the mere fact that it is Star Wars make it good enough? :tongue: Anyway, I don't get your meaning. The part in bold makes no sense to me. What are you basing this average on? :look:

And while I agree that this isn't the greatest episode ever, it certainly beats episodes like "Bombad Jedi", don't you think? :sceptic:

Darn I screwed up again. :laugh: Why don't I just say that it was a bad episode, ok? I actually liked Bombad Jedi much more than this one, and I can't honestly think of an episode that was worse except for Senate Spy. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. :wink:

Meh! Bombad jedi was better then this last episode. This last one was really good except for the begining with what seemed like a "dangerous war criminal" caught like that. Just too fast and easy for my tastes. They should've been down there for another reason and they didn't need to squeeze Anakin into this episode.

The setting was interesting to look at but the story was average at best. I like how the elder had a lightsabre cane thing and the colour of his lightsabre was really cool. Im glad Anakin wasnt in the episode because we see a lot of him.

They had a black lightsaber in The Force Unleashed. I guess it's alright in this episode because it's from the Old Republic era.

Well, although I hate what they're doing to the EU here, I'm glad that at least the Death Watch guys are cool. Go bad guys!

Black lightsaber is weird.

They have this one metal that lightsaber cannot cut through, they should use regular blades made from that.

The season so far has been awesome. Mando episode is going to be awesome!

By the way, Deathwatch are ex-Mandos. They're the ones who killed Jango's parents.

Edited by CallMePie

Well, they are Mandos, but they're extremist Mandos.

As for the lightsaber, yes, they have beskar, and they do have blades made from them. But lightsabers have certain advantages- they're lighter, and they can cut through just about anything (except Mandalorian iron). Of course, Mando blades have their advantages- they don't run out of batteries, and they're pretty heavy.