DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

Uh... What does that have to do with anything? :wacko:

New clip of the next episode, seems to show a new Jedi, I'm guessing its Luminara's padawon.

I don't understand what this means, but it looks cool, so have a look at drawings of Obi and the young gilr Waxer and Boil saved from the Ryloth trilogy, and Ashii.

http://www.joecorroney.com/comics101/index.shtml?20091105

Edited by DarthSion

Wow. Really good episode. I have to say, there were almost no complaints from me- which is rare. :laugh: The animation was good as usual, very artistic, and Barriss Offee was great. :thumbup:

My favorite bit about this episode was the dialogue. It seemed a lot more natural than the usual CW dialogue, and I wasn't squirming in my bean bag while listening to it. No more cheesy original-trilogy quotes!

The minor complaints:

Anakin's sudden jump into interrupting his padawan seemed a little too forced, a little too out of character for him.

Those tanks seemed a little to bit indestructable. Just a bit. I hope we won't be seeing them again- as cool as they were (Rockets!!!) they're going to have to have some major dumbing-down to make them compatible with the rest of the vehicles, as three of them could probably destroy an entire army.

The next episode looks...interesting. I couldn't figure out what it was about, though. Something about Geonosians, and something that "wasn't meant to be disturbed". I noticed Geonosians with glowing eyes- zombies? :wacko:

EDIT: Here's what Wookiepedia has to say on Ep. 7 "Legacy of Terror"

"A hunt for the missing Luminara leads the Jedi to a lair full of undead warriors."

:wacko:

Great episode, was cool seeing the dropships carrying away the metal.

Is it just me or did Luminara's padawon seem busty.

I don't either but it was hard to miss, why they even need to draw them i don't know.

And yes I am in Australia if you know where to look you can find it.

Edited by DarthSion

episode commentary up.

pretty generic, huh?

also, DarthSion, Barriss is a good 5-7 years older.

Yeah, he talks about how padawans cut holes in stuff the entire time. :wacko:

As far as I remember, the 'prequel' book to Ep. II said that Bariss was only a few years younger than Anakin.

Great episode, was cool seeing the dropships carrying away the metal.

Is it just me or did Luminara's padawon seem busty.

First of all I agree on both counts, your not the only creepy star wars fan :laugh: . Just joking but seriously it's not that hard not to notice, especially towards the end when you see her profile :vader:

Back on topic I thought the spisode was great. Good character development for some main jedi we don't know too much about. We see more of the Geonosians world, and how they live. What I found interesting was that Anikan had his troops march parade style to the bridge. It's nice that they are staring to add more and more tactics to the different generals.

I also like the more serious tone of Ashoka and Barris destroying the foundry. Ashoka in this season is starting to grow on me. I loved how all the sound cut except for some music. I found the episode to be excellent and it avoided "most" of the mistakes they might've done with some season 1 episodes.

Next weeks episode looks especially interesting to me because I just finished reading Death Troopers , good book by the way. The week after next's seems to be an episode similar to "Rookies". Cody, Rex, anc a shiny have to take on a sepretist force, Commando droids I wonder :yoda:

First of all I agree on both counts, your not the only creepy star wars fan :laugh: . Just joking but seriously it's not that hard not to notice, especially towards the end when you see her profile :vader:

It's nothing new. She's even more busty in the original CW cartoon. (But then again, she seemed older then, 20-ish)

Next weeks episode looks especially interesting to me because I just finished reading Death Troopers , good book by the way.

So did I. I hope we won't see too much of it. It was good as a novelty, but I'm not sure I could stand seeing an entire wave of zombie SW stuff.

I was quite impressed with this week's episode. The zombie Geonosians were creepy and the Queen was one ugly bug. However, the plot was well done, with Luminara's capture and the different Jedi bickering.

Next week's episode looks like a certain Mafia game occuring right now- space worms infecting a crew aboard a space vessel, and characters struggling to located the infected and prevent infection? :tongue: Sounds familiar.

I quite like the way they've made a longer series- it's 4 parts but Senate Spy technically leads into it. Unlike Ryloth, this one flows a lot more similar to the Malevolence Trilogy only this one's longer.

I hope the Duchess of Tiem/ Mandolorian episodes come next! :grin:

Well I juat saw "Legacy of Terror" and it was a great episode. It gave a good explanation to the "zombie" geonosians, and we see another caste of the geonosian hive. The Queen.

What's interesting about the episode was that it brought new information about the geonosians but also brought a somewhat cold aspect to the war. The fact that they just kill the queen at the end is pretty harsh , although necessary, considering the fact that they probably just killed a huge part of the geonosian population.

I like the fact that even though they've fought on Geonosis twice, the republic still donse'nt know everything about the geonosians. I read the interview with the guy who does the voice for the clones and who did the queen geonosian, and he also did some of the zombie noises from Dawn of the Dead. Ironic huh :tongue:

Altogether a good episode.

I hope the Duchess of Tiem/ Mandolorian episodes come next! :grin:

Oh, I don't know.... I can't say I'm quite ready for the pacifistic Mandos just yet. :sceptic: A Mando without armor? How....wrong. Just wrong.

-I enjoyed this week's episode. Spooky Zombies :tongue:, at least there wasn't a "Well, they're zombies because...well...Star Wars doesn't have zombies" A good trilogy so far, and next episode seems like a certain Mafia Game :tongue:

-Along with Mandalorian, I don't quite know how to grasp the idea of pacifist Mandalorians. Mandalorians are supposed to be attached to their armor and love battling to test themselves and others.

Lol. It's Order 66 all over again. :tongue: Looking forward to it.

I also say, bring on the Mando's! I'm sure they wont completely ruin them with so many Boba Fett fan clubs out there... or at least I hope not... :look:

Creepy new episode! The whole episode seemed to have a "I think we're not alone" vibe about it. Good to see Bariss in another episode, more the chance for her in lego :thumbup: Now I need to go to the drawing boards for the medical cruiser :classic:

I loved the episode! You could tell basically the whole plot from the trailer, but it was still interesting. I can't believe they're making us wait until January for the next one. :thumbdown: I miss the good old days where they were actually one week apart. At least the next one has that Zebrak Jedi (Eeth Koth? Aagan Kolar? Not sure who or how to spell it. :tongue: )

Wait, the next episode isn't until January?! That's rediculous! That's the third time the schedule's been interrupted, and it's the second in a row. They're going to lose they're audience if they're not careful. :hmpf_bad: In fact, I'm pretty sure that's already happened- there are no comments for this week's episode on the official SW website, which is a first. I also saw some ratings for the episodes, and the amount of viewers seems to be dropping, especially after a long break between episodes.

I loved the episode! You could tell basically the whole plot from the trailer, but it was still interesting. I can't believe they're making us wait until January for the next one. :thumbdown: I miss the good old days where they were actually one week apart. At least the next one has that Zebrak Jedi (Eeth Koth? Aagan Kolar? Not sure who or how to spell it. :tongue: )

I believe it's Agan (sp?) Kolar. Which is neat. :thumbup: However, it's also Grievous, and seeing how bad he was in season 1, I'm unsure if I want to see him again.

Plus, I really hope his hands have been re-designed. His only having two fingers, which would result in one finger and one thumb per hand when he splits them, was incredibly annoying. It may be a minor design flaw, but they seem to pile up, leaving me distracted from enjoying the episode. For example:

The clone's shoulder and upper arm armor. GIANT gap between armpit and armor.

Rex's kama. It leaves a very wierd (IMO) gap between the legs in the back. This just seems awkward to me. :sceptic:

Ani and Obi's body design. I Anakin is just too thin. Plus, he has a really long skirt, which seems really inhibiting. If they seem to be against giving a clone a half-skirt, why then do they give a Jedi a shin-length one?

Anyway....it was a good episode. While some of the clone's hairstyles were a little bit odd- sideburns, as well as their hair just seeming too...round- This was one of the few episodes that left me hoping for the characters. Seeing as Barriss (in a way) and Ahsoka are both non-grounded-in-the-future Jedi, you had no idea what would actually happen. The preview image of Ahsoka wincing and then slashing out with her lightsaber helped with the effect.

The dialogue seems to be getting better. I enjoyed Anakin's stressing out about Ahsoka, but was a little unsure of his chocking of Poggle. There didn't seem to be quite enough build up.

Wait a minute, your an American aren't you, in which case its your own fault its that way, the first break was due to Halloween, the second was due to Thanks giving.

Wait a minute, your an American aren't you, in which case its your own fault its that way, the first break was due to Halloween, the second was due to Thanks giving.

You have a point, but considering that lots of brand new cartoon episodes were airing all Thanksgiving weekend, they have no excuse. I mean, there's 3 weeks until Christmas! they couldn't even give us one next week?

(By the way, the next one is airing January 1st, which is 4 weeks. The trailer if you haven't seen it was ridiculously short, and all it contained scene-wise was a door being cut down, Grevious appearing, and the Zebrak saying one line.)

You have a point, but considering that lots of brand new cartoon episodes were airing all Thanksgiving weekend, they have no excuse. I mean, there's 3 weeks until Christmas! they couldn't even give us one next week?

(By the way, the next one is airing January 1st, which is 4 weeks. The trailer if you haven't seen it was ridiculously short, and all it contained scene-wise was a door being cut down, Grevious appearing, and the Zebrak saying one line.)

Yes, that's my point. There were only two breaks last year- one mid-early season, before thanksgiving, I think. The other was Christmas, but I don't recall it being 4 weeks.