DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

Just saw the epsode and :oh: . I have'nt seen anything like it, not even from the Ryloth trilogy. The action was superb and the combat was just insane. I loved* how the Geonosians would just either jump on a clone trooper and just start "eating" him or two would carry a clone away. Th battle was just insane , clones dying left and right , for the CIS it seemed like a turkey shoot**. It also seemed like those special brownish red clones (at least some of them) were actually early galactic marines :wub: . Any ways my favortie episode of Clone Wars and can't wait untill next week's episode with Barris Offee.

*Loved the realistic action not neccesarily the deaths

**A battle in which one side is usually defenseless and the other side is basiclly just shooting, at their pleasure.

Agreed, Forresto, the action was fantastic! I really liked this episode, except...

They ruined Ki-Adi Mundi. First of all, I though it was pronounced "Moon-die", not "Moon-dee". Second, they screwed up his accent/ voice, and third, he didn't have a big enough part, and they made him seem, well, dumb in the parts he did have. "Oh no, we're being picked off by giant bugs, but I'll just walk over here while my troops are being carried away to their doom! And after this is over, I'll tell Skywalker '65'...................... *cough* clones dead *cough*. Do I win a prize?" :hmpf_bad:

Sorry about that, but I'm a little ticked that they messed up the best SW character ever in this episode. If anything, I'm glad he finally got a part in the seiries, and hopefully he'll be in minifig form soon enough (is it too much to ask for no cartoon eyes?).

I really want to see the new episode, but cannot find it on youtube! :cry_sad:

The battle scenes will be amazing in HD! I really need a new telly. :hmpf_bad:

Dang. That was one good episode. :oh:

The good stuff:

TURRETS! Finally!

img09.jpg

This made me happy.

Overall, it was a great, action-packed episode. Very violent, and very detailed. Obi and Mundi actually getting hurt, and the clone injecting Obi with a hypo was a nice touch. It was also neat that Obi actually appeared shacken and weak afterward- not jumping up and returning to fighting, like what happened in "Jedi Crash."

The clone flamethrowers were a nice, if dark, touch. It's odd that Mundi, as a Jedi, would tolerate it.

I have to say, my only bothers were:

-Mundi's lack of anything significant.

-The awkward banter between Anakin and Ahsoka. I mean, really, that seemed to throw off the dialogue a bit...

-The odd mash-up of different clones. Standard troopers, ARF troopers, snowtroopers, and the funny-helmeted guys? What was up with that? I mean, I like diversity with clones, but snowtroopers?

Seem's I have missed Wednesday new episode! :oh3::sing::cry_sad:

Ah well can't wait till friday then. :cry_happy:

Maybe a decal will make we fell better.

212th_arf_trooper1.png

Overall, it was a great, action-packed episode. Very violent, and very detailed. Obi and Mundi actually getting hurt, and the clone injecting Obi with a hypo was a nice touch. It was also neat that Obi actually appeared shacken and weak afterward- not jumping up and returning to fighting, like what happened in "Jedi Crash."

The clone flamethrowers were a nice, if dark, touch. It's odd that Mundi, as a Jedi, would tolerate it.

I liked that, too. It's great that these episodes are darker- it fits the idea of going to war with Geonosis again better.

-The awkward banter between Anakin and Ahsoka. I mean, really, that seemed to throw off the dialogue a bit...

Same here. I think it was an attempt at comic relief- you know, so the kids don't get too scared. :sceptic:

Ha! I told you the Snowies would be on Geonosis! But nooo, Jammie is always wrong. :tongue:

Anyone know where I can watch the episode?

Legally no idea, other means, it wasn't capped by the scene, supposed to be repeated at the normal time so I'd say the usual sites.

How are is it to google.

Apparently the episode is airing at the regular time in the States today. strangely the one Wensday was an advanced airing.

Well, I liked this episode quite a bit, but for some reason at the same time I didn't. The action was quite nice, but the action was "war" action, in the sense that it was rather pointless man/Geonosian slaughter. Ki-Adi was made pretty lame, and it was one of the parts of this episode I was looking forward too. I didn't like the mismatched clones and CAT troopers randomly appearing didn't make sense. There were some good Geonosis references and remarks, but the plot was overall pretty poor. I guess that's what you sacrifice when you go for a battle-based episode.

Well, I saw the episode last night too, and even though I wouldn't want every episode to be like this, it was very nice to see some serious war action! :thumbup: It certainly made up for that action-less last episode. :tongue: But I agree on the Mundi issue. He really did feel like "just another weirdo with a lightsaber" so to say. :sceptic: Oh well, as long as we get him as a minifig, I'll be a happy camper. :grin:

It's up now!

Seismic tanks! :oh: At least somebody respects the old cartoon! :cry_happy: I must say, I really like the serious tone of the comics. Watching this week's war-movie-like episode, I'm really hoping that the TV show is finally getting into that kind of seriousness level. :thumbup:

Seriously! :tongue:

One other thing that I liked was the return of the two clones from the Ryloth trilogy, albeit in those scout uniforms this time around. I forgot their names, but I'm pretty sure they're in Cody's legion with Obi-Wan.

That would be Waxer and Boil. I also enjoyed their return. At first I didn't realize it was them, but when I figured it out, it was cool.

Is this weeks episode on Wednesday or Friday?

Last weeks was on wensday and repeated on friday but I believe the schedule's on it's regular track again.

I just watched Landing at Point Rain, and I must say, I am impressed. Probably the best Clone Wars episode of em all. I will never understand the CATs on a desert planet during the day, especially with Flamethrowers, but it was still great. Can't wait for the next one.

-'Skintasee

I just watched Landing at Point Rain, and I must say, I am impressed. Probably the best Clone Wars episode of em all. I will never understand the CATs on a desert planet during the day, especially with Flamethrowers, but it was still great. Can't wait for the next one.

-'Skintasee

Maybe they'll be needed later on? It's not over...

I see it this way: Being trained to survive in a cold environment, the CATs are the kind of clones trained in the use of a flame thrower, and what's a better weapon against bugs such as the Geos than a flamethrower? Other reasons could be that Mundi just returned from a mission on an ice planet and had to do with whatever clones he had, or maybe the armor of the CATs does not only keep out the cold, but also heat.

Either way, they were there, and they toasted some sorry bug behinds, so who cares anyway! :devil:

I see it this way: Being trained to survive in a cold environment, the CATs are the kind of clones trained in the use of a flame thrower, and what's a better weapon against bugs such as the Geos than a flamethrower? Other reasons could be that Mundi just returned from a mission on an ice planet and had to do with whatever clones he had, or maybe the armor of the CATs does not only keep out the cold, but also heat.

Either way, they were there, and they toasted some sorry bug behinds, so who cares anyway! :devil:

I get the flamethrower part- that was pretty neat. I wish they'd explained the mash-up of troops, though. It'd be a good detail, having drawn all the spares they could from all parts of the galaxy to mount the assault.