DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

Woah. Those were great. :wub:

Some minor character gripes:

Madame Jocasta Nu seemed too soft-spoken. From what I've read, she's more of a comply-or-be-belted type of librarian.

The Magnaguards are way too timid. They're supposed to be the elite, taking orders from GG himself. And here, one of them is taking guard duty orders from a standard battle droid! On top of that, it didn't even talk- it kind of beeped and buzzed, like they have no voice. In the Ep. III book, they're elite, dangerous droids that care little about standard droids, and have very high programming, walking with a gait like that of a human's and with a voice that is much more than the pre-programmed "Roger-rogers" of BDs.

I agree with the Madame Jocasta Nu part because to me in AOTC she seemed like the librarian you don't want to return a late book to you know. :tongue: , The Magna droids I think however have more become bodyguards for the leaders of the CIS so in the episode the Magna droid was only taking orders from Cad Bane through a battle droid.

I just watched the second episode, and it was great!

Cad Bane was as good as ever, but he does look funny without his fedora/big hat. :tongue:

His escape was very crazy, leading the Jedi to a trap and getting away in a escape pod.

The Mustafar part was very interesting too, but it's pretty obvious that they would escape unharmed, because nothing bad can happen to Anakin and Ahsoka in the series.

It's also easy to tell that Darth Sidious is Palpatine, because of the huge nose and wrinkly chin.

Children of the Force was a pretty intense episode. :thumbup: It had so much great stuff going on in it that I can't believe it was only under half an hour long! :oh: I like how it felt like Episode III at some points (Darth Sidious being the main villain, Anakin acting a bit more like Vader, Jedi masters meditating, Palpatine being all fatherly with Anakin, crashing station on Mustafar, etc.). There were also a few nice references such as the "No! Lock them all down, hurry!" line from Episode IV. There were also some funny parts, such as Ahsoka trying to join the conversation of the "big boys" by acting like Obi Wan; or big, scary Darth Sidious trying to calm a baby. :laugh: It was great to see so many known places again, and the "interrogation" scene was simply awesome! :thumbup:

I think we can certainly say that this season began with a bang, and I'm looking forward to the next episodes! I'm not so sure about the one next week (Padme is dying - Again :hmpf: ) but I can't wait for the Geonosis episodes that seem to follow that one. :thumbup:

Btw, if you guys are wondering how Cad Bane captured Master Ropal, you should check out the webcomic. It's pretty good!

Speaking of the webcomic... Does anyone have a link to the ones from season 1? I can't seem to find them. :look:

You think Cad Bane is genuinely scared of Darth Sidious?

Well, Mace Windu's line "I think the fear of whoever you work for outweighs your fear of us" and Bane's reaction "This conversation is over" implies that he is. :look:

Season 1:Comics

There you go! just click menu and you can switch between season 1 and 2.

Anyways I really enjoyed this last episode. It was intense and felt a lot longer then a normal episode. I just loved the cute little rodian baby, and all the small refrences more to Anikan's turn to the darkside. His meetings with palpatine, his wanting to confer with palpatine about what the jedi were doing, Mustafar, and he angrily strides away from ashoka (when he hears that Cad Bane escaped again) just like Darth Vader in empire strikes back. Has anyone realized that the jedi shuttle looks a lot like Pedro's entry to the battlepack contest. The only thing I would've liked out of the episode is to have seen Kit Fisto's world since the other baby that Cad Bane took was of the same species. I think if every episode this season is as great as the last three, then the Clone Wars will have just moved in front as one of the best Animated television series of the year.

Has anyone noticed that this has been a really great year for Sci-Fi? First we get Star Trek, and Torchwood:Children of earth (i'm a Who fan). Then District 9, Mutant Chronicles, 9, and finally The Clone Wars season two.

link On Wookiepedia it actually says that Geonosis is a part of it (it could be there speculation, but it would make the most sense.) so there's a reasonable answer to a long on debate.

Edited by Forresto

Just watched this week's episode (is it episode 3 or 4? The first week had an hour long episode, and I don't know if that acutally counts as one or two :look:), and it was okay.

Nothing really "exciting" happened (for us, of course, but a huge thing happened to the Republic), and it seemed like 30 minutes for this episode was pretty long (well, technically 21 minutes because of commercials :grin:).

Lott Dod looked pretty funny compared to other Neimodians like Nute Gunray, and the Senator (I'm not good at memorizing complicated names :tongue:) was pretty cool. I liked how he would do anything, even get jailed or killed, to save Padme.

I liked all of C-3PO's comments about being unwanted. :laugh:

I can't wait for the next episode! :sweet:

It's to bad we have to wait till november 6Th for the next episode. :sceptic:

Edited by clone killer

We do? That's unusual to do... wasn't it something like the 6th or 7th episode last year?

Anyway, not my favorite episode, but not the worst, either. The episode didn't quite end as I expected, which is good, but the dialogue wasn't terrible, my main concern when I found out it was an entirely non-action episode.

Spy in the Senate felt very strange to me. No action was kind've odd and not expected but in a way kind've nice because it got more into the polotics of the major corporations. As it turns out the Trade Federation and Banking clan Corporations are both still "neutral" for the timebeing. I liked how they also went to Cato Nemodia and I kept thinking "poor master Plo". It's rdiculous that we have to wait until the 6th for Geonosis, ah well.

The last episode was a refreshing episode. It dealt more towards the political side of the war, rather than the action. It shows the show has matured in a good way. The 6th is a bit too long to wait though :tongue:

The end did surprise me, it was more real to Star Wars, you are a traitor, you die, no ending before that part :thumbup:

Yes, I'm really more of an action guy, but that ending was great. He just walked toward them like, "I'm gonna die, what of it?!"

season 2 finally came out in the UK! but unfortunately for some reason we only got one episode instead of two. so we have to wait till next week till we get cargo of doom. I have already seen the first 3 episodes on youtube but its nothing compared to your television screen! One thing that bugged me though was that cato parisatti (the clawdite bounty hunter) gave away what her and Bane's plan was straight away as shed been captured, also that bane got away just wearing a Jedi cloak and lastly that Anakin and Obi-Wan never gave up on the idea that Bane was heading for the communications center.

Its a TV show, and just download it via torrents or file sharing like everyone else.

Cant wait for this week, from what I have heard it will be 4 episodes tied to the second battle of Geonosis.

The holographic mobile hovering over the Gungan toddler’s crib includes a colo clawfish, an opee sea killer and a sando aqua monster, the three massive underwater beasts that attack Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon’s submarine in The Phantom Menace.

Nice thing to have above your little baby Gungan, eh? :grin:

Those Gungans really are stupid! :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Nice thing to have above your little baby Gungan, eh? :grin:

Those Gungans really are stupid! :tongue:

Don't doubt it! :tongue:

I really hope you're right Darth Sion because i've been really looking forward to it, and it seems that one episode more then 3 is really good for a major battle like this.

My guess it seems Padma finds out, so no doubt first episode will be her finding out and getting captured, the second her getting saved, third and fourth the battle.

Or split up like the battle of Ryloth, or the info I heard was wrong and its 2 or 3 episodes, either way will be longer than it was in the movie.

My guess it seems Padme finds out, so no doubt first episode will be her finding out and getting captured, the second her getting saved, third and fourth the battle.

Um Padme already found out in senate spy and she wasnt captured. also looking at the next episode trailer the next episode takes plaace on geonosis and its a battle.

Good news, everyone! Looks like we don't have to wait so long! I just saw a commercial saying that they will air the new episode on Wednesday at 8! :sweet: