DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

Huh? :wacko:

They were trained by Mandos. The article itself seems cheap, since it only quotes two groups in Karen Traviss' books, the Airborne troopers and Omega squad.

Sorry, but it's Wikipedia. It doesn't look legitimate to me.

If this were to happen, I think, a more obvious explanation would be that it was being ground out of the new clones trained on Coruscant by the instructors.

No, Wookieepedia is run by fans, so anyone can say anything on it. I don't remember any ARCs going rogue, just the Nulls being born that way, and raised by Kal. All Clones from Kamino were flash trained by Jango Fetts knowledge. At least that is what I thought, but all the Mando culture, history, and Clone affiliation I knew has gone askew.

-I'm to confused to put a quote here right now.

This will no doubt explain the Mando's and end the constant discussion.

As the Clone Wars dragged on, the emergence of the Mandalorian Protectors only added to the causes behind the growing number of casualties among the Grand Army of the Republic. For this reason, and the fact that an Advanced Recon Commando went rogue, because of his Mandalorian heritage in the first place, the clones began to despise anything Mandalorian, especially clones who still embraced the Mandalorian culture. This can be seen when the 2nd Airborne Company, after being dealt high casualties by the Mandalorian Protectors, showed their obvious contempt for Omega Squad, a unit of clone commandos that were deeply devoted to their Mandalorian roots. Ultimately, the loyalty of the standard-issued clones fell to the Galactic Republic without question, and since the Mandalorians had declared war for the Confederacy of Independent Systems, than heritage or no heritage, Mandalorians were now viewed by the clones as enemies of the Republic. And to a clone trooper - all enemies of the Republic were to be eliminated.

Thank you for sorting that out. :thumbup: However, I doubt they would go into as much detail in the series.

Those Mandos are sooooo dead. :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Never ever say "Those Mandos are sooooo dead" or Mr. Mandalorian will do somthing to your toster. :tongue:

Never ever say "Those Mandos are sooooo dead" or Mr. Mandalorian will do somthing to your toster. :tongue:

What toaster?

1415906928_570d5213c8.jpg

Oh! That one! :tongue:

Enter the Republic boarding party. Two tons of durasteel armour plating, and more than enough fire power to destroy a Separatist ship. Too bad there's no way off after the ship is spare parts.

That's pretty cool though. Were Anakin and Ahsoka wearing helmets?

-Bip, bap, and a brainpan.

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Bad spelling mistakes; fixed in bold.

Wow, thanks for those clips, guys! They're right, the animation and special effects do look a lot better than in season one. Those ground battles look really, really awesome! I am so excited for this season! :sweet:

I have a slightly extended version of the clip DarthSion posted, but I wont bother loading it up since the whole episode will be all over the internet in a few days anyway.

Did I just see Ki in the first clip, 1:29 the Geo 2 battle scene, he says "what are our losses captain", right after Feloni says characters breath.

If that's supposed to be a question (doesn't have a question mark), yes that's him.

Thanks for those clips Snake! :thumbup: Anakin has clearly watched matrix recently, with that slow motionish kick to the face! :laugh: The battle look fantastic too!

This season is gonna rock! :thumbup:

25 minutes 'till premire :grin: and I am totally pumped. I will write my review in an hour or so.

Okay so I just saw it and I have to say that I was not dissapointed at all. Below is a short non in-depth review so our friends across the pond are'nt given too many spoilers.

possible spoilers:

It was very well done with a lot of action and story. Seth Green as Cad Bane's little robot assistant :laugh: was priceless and the begining battle of Felucia was a pretty awesome intro to the second season. Cad Bane is turning out to be a bad@$$, I mean storming into the jedi temple has to take some real hudspa. He also is extremely devious and doe'snt care wht happens to his comrades but that's all i'll say here. There are some strange things you will notice here and there but overall the story is pretty smooth with few to no plot holes. The animation is so much better then what it was last season, especially Gunray who we see briefly in a hologram, but you can deffinently tell it's a lot more detailed. It also looks like a three parter because the same plotline is continued on to next week's episode and Mustafar looks like it plays a role. Ultimately I give Holocron heist a 9/10 and Cargo of Doom a 9.5/10

They also showed a short new season trailer afterwards that showed a lot more of the Geonosis episodes and it looks like those troopers in the reddish brown armour are either desert troopers or "geonosis" troopers.

The one hour long season 2 premiere was very interesting.

I liked seeing more of Plo Koon, and or course, Cad Bane! :tongue:

However, I didn't like how the part about capturing the Jedi with the crystal thing was skipped.

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering what happened to Cad Bane at the end,

he was the clone at the end who boarded the Separatist shuttle.

:wink:

Well, that's all I have to say (I can't really remember the other interesting parts. :grin:

The overall episode was very good, and I highly recommend you guys to see it!

I liked these episodes a lot too. :classic: Bane is starting to look like a pretty good character. The Battle on Felucia was awesome of course and the whole episode was very atmospheric. :thumbup: I too liked the Techno-Service droid. Seth Green did an excellent job at voicing him. Poor little guy. :cry_sad: He kinda reminded me of BURN-E. :grin:

Cargo of Doom wasn't as good, but not bad either. It just kinda sucked how they skipped part of the story and jumped into the middle of the action, and the ending is quite predictable as Pi pointed out. Still, it gets some bonus points for the Zero-Grav fight which was quite orignal and neat, as was the whole maneuver with the AT-TEs.

Can't wait for the Mustafar episode! :sweet:

I watched the first two on www.watchtheclonewars.com, at it was great. The animtation seemed alot better, as did the battle droids (they seemed to have matured some-what). It was great to see some more minor Jedi, espeacially Madame Josta Nu (is that her name, can quite remember now :tongue: ). Cad Bane seems like a great character, definately craftey!

The first episode was ok, the second was mad, it was just one long battle.

Cant wait for next week.