Lukemax

HMS Ajax - 52 Gun Ship of the Line

thindexedgif.gif 82d

Hello all!,

Today I'm releaseing my pictures of my grand flagship ship i have been working on for quite a while now, growing from my HMS Vanguard below, this ship was the next stage up.

HMS Vanguard

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=378820

Inspiration?, HMS Victory of course!, the yellow and black lines. I wanted to create a large warship that was still within the basic Lego standard plates you get, the brown hull's, The sails were a little tricky aswell, but i did this by combieing multiple masts into one. the usauel masts just felt to short. There was alot of hard and tricky internal support for such a large ship, i will admit, and choosing a right figurehead would be hard, so i just went with a sheild like the English HMS Dauntless from POTC.

This is the 1st time i tryed mounting the red rowboats on the side of the ship, If i could change anything i would of proberly of made it 2 baseplates. Right now im working on a new heavy frigate, Smaller, But more deatailed. so hopefully it will be finsihed soon :) new coulers aswell that i quite like!

Custom officers onbaord if you can notice, With Captain Steel at the helm, hopefully she will survive a few battles!

Anyway on with pictures :)

ajaxpic.jpg

sunsetship1_00001.jpg

sunsetship3_00000.jpg

Heres the folder, Soon public hopefully :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=379654

Thanks You

Lukemax

Very cool! Looks like the English have a new ship-of-the-line to add to their ranks!

Your rigging is very nice. I am in the middle of that process right now and I just find the whole thing confusing.

You've made a fine looking ship. I see you've put a lot of effort in the line of the ship. I like a lot the picture from the side showing the curved yellow line. I'll be waiting for the BS folder to go public so I can get a better view on some parts. Personally I would suggest to use a different color of rope for the rigging, more dark (as it was in reality). Also your sails look a bit lifeless; I had the same problem on my previous ship (L'Orient). How many hull mid-sections did you use?

Very impressive ship Lukemax! :pir-classic: The front in particular caught my eye, I like the curved lines and the shield.

Mine! Mine! All Mine! :pir_laugh2:

I wish that was true, a wonderful creation Lukemax! I am in love with this beauty!

I see you've put lots of effort in this ship, the tumblehome is very well done, as well the techniques for the stern.

Especially the overlap between the tumblehome and the stern is a very hard thing to do, you have really succeeded in it.

As Bonaparte mentioned the sails are a bit lifeless, perhaps you can make the distance between the yards smaller so the sails will bulb up.

I should make the sails above the bowsprit a little more taller, the sail at the back should be placed lower

The curved line in the ship is nice, but I should lift the line in the center a bit more upwards, otherwise you'll get the effect like something heavy fell on it.

The rigging looks fine to me but perhaps are cloth sails better, and even more realistic.

Keep it up matey, you're doing great with your ships! :pir-sweet:

Booyah! Now no one can stop the British! Huzzah!

What do you think now Greenhair?

Nice ship, Only problem is, Arent the decks, supposed to be level with the Captains Cabin?

Only problem is, Arent the decks, supposed to be level with the Captains Cabin?

It's perfect this way, the lower gun deck doesn't end up with a cabin at the back. There is room for additonal cannons or the carpenter's room.

The middle gun deck has a cabin at the back, perfectly done here.

The quarterdeck has also a cabin at the back, meant for the captain or admiral himself. Also neatly done.

I think the stern fits perfectly, the whole black line doesn't need to be the perfect seperation between the decks, the seperation is at the top of the black line.

The deck inside is less curved then the stripe on the hull. Otherwise the goodies would roll over to the center and finally the ship could break apart.

a great ship you've made, its very detailed and realalistic.

Hopefully the folder goes public soon, Here a pic of the captain :)

dsc02260.jpg

Would you look at that, its me! :pir-tongue:

I knew you were a HOAX man Armendariz, but now you desert the French army for the British! How dare you? :pir-tongue:

But what's the sextant at BrickLink called? I really need that device!

I believe I am a Count now! YaY!

I knew you were a HOAX man Armendariz, but now you desert the French army for the British! How dare you? :pir-tongue:

But what's the sextant at BrickLink called? I really need that device!

I believe I am a Count now! YaY!

Its called the utensil sextent http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=30154 :pir-classic:

And lets just say im visiting cause of this AWESOME ship! :pir-wink:

And in my first post here you will see that I did start out with the British in th PTV contest :pir_wacko: How confusing!

dsc00133.jpg

very nice

What bodies did you use to attach your custom decals to??

I'm looking for similar at the moment

Are those your own torso designs??

As said above, the rigging that was static on a ship was tarred to help preserve it - and so would be black on a ship

Other than that - a great ship

all the best

Matt

Your Classic-Pirates.com frontpage entry? Mate, no need to ask - when we see a MOC that's frontpage worthy, which this certainly is, we'll put it onto the frontpage. So watch the news in the next couple of days eh? :pir-wink:

Quite as fantastic as the Vanguard!

Your Classic-Pirates.com frontpage entry? Mate, no need to ask - when we see a MOC that's frontpage worthy, which this certainly is, we'll put it onto the frontpage. So watch the news in the next couple of days eh? :pir-wink:

"We'll put it onto the frontpage?" You mean I'll put it in the News Reporter Findings Thread and someone will draft it? :pir-tongue: