Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Trainstation

I've finished creating my riot control unit. I'll post a few of the pics here and You can check my gallery for further pics. :oD

here it goes:

First a pic of the first chain of policemen with the second chain standing ready behind:

frontline.jpg

Then there's a pic of the horse police as the finally wound up:

horse2.jpg

horse3.jpg

and finally the police commander, teargas shooter (left) and shouter (right):

commander.jpg

I hope to start the construction of the station itself in a few days ;)

KimT

Great "peace enforcers" Kim !!! Can you lend them to me ?? Paris and its suburbs would need a lot more of those right now :D :P

I've updated my gallery it's here when public. Also I've put some extra photos in my "City" folder containing an ambulance crew and some old school mc cops that I've decided to use as well.

Thanks for those kind words Yoda :) surely You can lend 'em, just don't let 'em drink anything after midnight..... [my next secret project - Revenge Of The Fairytale Creatures or Don't Laugh At the Boogeyman]

:^D

KimT ;)

commander.jpg

I can just imagine this guy (on the right) saying.. "aaaand... CUT!" (you get it?? Steven Spielburg and all that ;)) *grooaaaaann* :|

Nice work with these guys Kim! I think the white works really well, and you managed to get the guys on horses to look just right too (with their different uniform).

I can't wait to see these guys in action! And I recommend you take up Yoda's plee! ;)

Jon.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that - lol :oD

Yeah I can't wait either - odd to have peace keeping police and all they want to do is kick some megablocks. ;)

"You over there - YES YOU! Put down that thing You're going to throw or there will be trouble!!"

- Commander Smith to unknown woman handing her child a bottle of milk

NOw I have finally begun the construction of this MOC.

I've spend several hours on the first phase, which was to build the base of the station (platform)

Heres' some pics with comments - all ideas and constructive comments are welcome *sweet*

First is one of the baselayer to which I added two layers of dark grey plates. This is where I forgot to build the most support possible - this was annoying later in the progress :-|

baselayer003.jpg

Then I added the second plate layer and the yellow - which resembles the "discression line" in the real world.

Those 130+ yellow bricks took me a while to find (fortunately I bought a lot some time ago)

toplayer003.jpg

And this is how the "finished" platform looks. Now to add buildings and rioting football fans

[Yes Yoda those are my feet |-/ ]

toplayer004.jpg

Done so far

KimT

That'll do *sad*

The yellow looks really good! Size seems pretty decent, looking forward to see it develop.

Nice socks btw :-P

I have just finished one side - the side with the "dead track" i.e discontinued from use and rails removed.

Pics taken with flash hence the poor quality. I'm not sure if I am to remove some of the green or not.

Judge yourself.

deadtrack001.jpg

deadtrack002.jpg

deadtrack003.jpg

KimT

ok... here it goes:

even if you remove tracks, you're still going to see elements that suggest there once were tracks on the site. For instance, you have a "service stairway" or ladder from your platform to the ground so employees can cross tracks from one platform to another. You'll also have these power lines lying on the ground next to the tracks to assure electrical power. they're usually covered by a protective plate or box... I'd also use grey, dark grey or black 1x ... plates to suggest there used to be a track there. Archeologists can reconstruct foundations of walls of houses of several 1000's of years ago because a change of colours of the ground. Dark brown or even black lines indicate there used to be a wall, dark spots suggests a pilar,... that's also the case with tracks. they've even been partially burried into the ground, so you should still be able to see the patern...

also, you might have former elements of the tracks still lying there but more or less taken over by nature, like the pyramids in South America... I'd also use the green part of classic lego flowers instead of the larger plants you're having right now, because that particular ground will probably not be very fertile. So chances are you won't get anything but weed... i'd also make the green areas irregular, cos i've never seen green moisture or whatever going in straight lines. i'd also add some smaller plates to suggest relief. you'd expect the wind to move dirt from one place to another...

still, i think your approach is very strange. Removing tracks? They'd never do that in Belgium! it's not smart to remove tracks.

Where's your station? is there going to be a bridge from the platform to the ground at the other side of the tracks?

if there are only two platforms (platform 1 and two) then you could add white plates ("1" and the other forming "2") in your layer of plates you've already put there; it's as if they're painted on the floor.

i don't know how this works in denmark, but i think the edge of a platform in belgium also a white line, apart from the yellow dots...

there... that should keep you busy for a while :-P

Way to go Kim ;-)

All i see is a huge open space ready for a riot and burning cars !! (oops its not France X-D :-P ) !!

*yoda*

Point taken...[starting remodelling sequence.]

And yes there'll be buildings and stairs later and yes, they've actually removed tracks at some stations here.

KimT

EDIT: I've spent 3 hours last night rethinking the model and these are my issues at hand:

1: The model isn't wide enough platewise - therefore I could either skip one side and move the platform to allow space for power wiring and so on OR I could not move anything this will result in only tracks on both sides of the platform.

2: At one end I have to construct stairs leading from the road above to the platform and I have no idea how to do that. Designing stairs that don't come apart or isn't too bulky.

Seems like I have my work cut out for me on this my first MOC :-/

OK! I've skipped the "removed" tracks and have instead started constructing the tracks. I'm having serious trouble finding out how to do that. This is what I've come up with. In order to "disrupt" the surface between the tracks I've added modified bricks and cylinders. This is to depict the rocks and debree lying between tracks. Please give me your thoughts :-)

KimT

tracks002.jpg

The rocks and debris isn't too bad, but I'd make it like this myself. It's easy to make and looks very good, but...you'll be dealing with loose bricks. Your choice.

So now it's finally finished....or at least as close as it'll ever get. I no longer have space for this MOC and therefore I finished it in a hurry. I know I promised riots and burning cars. That'll be in another project :-$ .

I've taken a load of pics and I'm uploading to my brickshelf folder as I write this.

Here's a few teasers - have a look in the BS folder (when public)

done006.jpg

done033.jpg

done040.jpg

More pics here

KimT

I just love that first picture!! *wub* that's very cool!!! the chain saw is a great idea!

I just love that first picture!! *wub* that's very cool!!! the chain saw is a great idea!

Thx Sne. :-$

The gallery is now public and can be found in my brickshelf folder under MOC here

KimT

Edited by xwingyoda

Very nice work. Nice details. What are the two guys with turbans and suit-cases up to?

What is your next MOC projekt?

Morten

Very nice work. Nice details. What are the two guys with turbans and suit-cases up to?

Morten

Boy is that a racist question!! :-|

Morten

Oh please !! not that crap again :-| No its NOT racism its humour !! G, how many times will we have those kind of attitudes and questions. *sad*

*yoda*

Morten

Oh please !! not that crap again :-| No its NOT racism its humour !! G, how many times will we have those kind of attitudes and questions. *sad*

*yoda*

ok its humour..polliticly incorect humour...and my opinion is not an attitude yoda..i have a right to an opinion its a forum!

I know phoinix , chill out ;-) Of course you are entitled to express your opinions. I was saying that by experience because we had those comments so many times before, and each times its really getting unfriendly ;-)

And I totally agree with you that its not politically correct but I find it hilarious nonetheless ;-) (like Team America, South Park, Son of a Beach and what have you ;-) )

Its time to call the SWAT team Kim :-D

*yoda*

I am sorry for this political incorect humor, but it was just a question. Maybe we should wait untill KimT tells us what is taking place in HIS moc before we tell each other if this is incorrect or not. Who knows, maybe his next MOC is a blown up train on a trainstation.

Please make room for a little humor.

Thansk for your support XwingYoda *y*

Morten

New rule : people with no humour will be banned :-P Note that we've never been politically correct here.* (by "we" I mean the core members of the begining) so this kind of humour is definitly welcome in my humble opinion. I was about to make the same joke but thought "oh well, there'll be someone again to criticize".

Got my support aswell morten X-D