AwesomeStar

Halo Wars; Game Topic!

Halo Wars - The prequel to the Halo Trilogy and a new way of playing Halo.

The game strays from the usual First Person Shooter (FPS) format, instead the game is a Real Time Strategy (RTS) game, where you must build your army in various situations and predicaments, playing through the levels, revealing more and more information, adding to the Halo canon.

This topic is so us Halo Wars addicts (namely myself and Jifel) can have a chat about the awesomeness that is this game!

So, chat away!

~A.S.

Well, perhps I should start by asking what your preffered team to play as is in matches. I personally prefer the USNC as captain Cutter, because of Elephants and you start off with more module spaces, witch helps alot with getting tons of Heavy suply Pads. However, I have never played an actual level as I sadly dont have a 360. (surprsing why I am in this thread, anyway.)

jifel

I'm a fan of playing Forge, supply pads are my favourite thing it seems and if I can get double the resources out of one from the start I will.

The cutscenes were absolutely amazing weren't they?

I prefer Cutter too :wink:

Oh my goodness yes, Thrawn, the cutscenes were actually quite life-like. The first one (Intro) where the Marines are fighting the Covenant for Harvest, the lighting is spot on, I thought I was watching a movie!

Amazing!

~A.S.

Are the controls easy? I'm thinking of buying a 360 with HW and maybe some others and the controls seems a bit hard to me...So I'm asking here.

I own a PS2, but had no problem with learning the Halo Wars controls. Since there isnt a RTS game for the PS2, I had nothing to confuse it with.

jifel

The controls are very easy, and are explained in the Tutorial in the game, and in the manual. You simply build a base, make an army, select the units/vehicles and send them to attack whatever enemies there are. Some levels are quite hard and all are very "specific", so you have to think of tactics and such to get around the enemy. Its a very intelligent game.

~A.S.

Halo Wars is fantastic, to the point of me wondering whether Ensemble have out-epiced Bungie at their own game universe. I've not quite done the campaign yet, but the cut-scenes are as you say mind blowing.

Who do I play as in skirmish? I prefer the UNSC, Anders is good with Hawks and half price upgrades, but the Covenant are better at the start of a game. I usually go for the Prophet and get a few honour guard Elites and get stuck in destroying the opposing base. Cheating I know but rushing is pretty much impossible to withstand if you're the UNSC. If things go wrong, I can always spend some time building a pair of scarabs...(laughs in an evil manner to self).