Legoman

Tatooine house

indexed.gif

OK guys, thought i might as well share this.

Anyway, it's a (hopefully fairly good) tatooine Layout. I've been fiddleing around on it for the last few months. It's probably going to end up bigger once my new shelving units are finished :cry_happy:

Here we go:

(Picture is a link to gallery, once public)

sdc10068.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by legoman

Ummmm... The picture is uh, not there. :grin: And the gallery isn't public yet, so um, I kinda can't see anything. :blush: I'm sure it's a great MOC though. :sweet:

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble seeing the picture, or is it my computer?

Edited by Spyder

Looks nice, by the middle, but to the left and right seem --- empty. :sceptic: I'm sure if you work on it you can make it better!

Well, it's more just for show, so it's not supposed to have an inside. It's kind of more a 'backround'

As for it being empty on the sides, yeah, it is. But i don't know what to put there :sceptic: . It will be a backround for some kind of market, so it doesn't need to a an amazing house or anything.

Ummmm... The picture is uh, not there. :grin: And the gallery isn't public yet, so um, I kinda can't see anything. :blush: I'm sure it's a great MOC though. :sweet:

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble seeing the picture, or is it my computer?

Clicking the "?" box takes you to a full size picture. :wink:

It looks pretty good, though it seems to need some more colors, although the real model you're basing it on is probably only two colors, too.

I would also recommend adding some tiles or something to cover up the studs on the roof.

Edited by ILikePi

Clicking the "?" box takes you to a full size picture. :wink:

I think it's my computer, cause there ain't a big question mark there. It's okay though, I'll see it on Brickshelf once it is moderated. :thumbup:

yeah sorry. Technical issue. Fixed now :sweet:

Thanks! Wow! :oh: It does look very good! (empty on the sides, yes) but it is the place in eppisode 1 where Qui Gon Gin takes Anikins blood sample. Am I right?

Yep.

That's what it's based off, but only a picture of my mind that may be wrong :tongue:

Looks good, the entrance to the house is great. I agree with some of the other people though, maybe working in some dark tan pieces if you have them into the overall structure might enhance the look. Also, I seem to recall the houses on Tatooine being rough, so maybe add some kind of texture to the walls (sorry not a good MOC-er so I don't know how you could do that effectively :tongue: ).

The picture in your first post makes your MOC look much better than the old picture (you can see it by clicking the picture). :sweet:

Nice work. :thumbup:

Edited by ILikePi

Yep, looks good, needs something, and I know what! Slopes. Replace a few of those 1x2x5 bricks with slopes to give it a buttressed look.

Hmmm? Ok, I'll find a sample pic.

w-moseisleybankwarehouse_a12_023.jpg

Blurry pic, but it isn't mine.

See the slopes coming out of the wall on either side of the doorway? Those look good when evenly spaced on an otherwise empty wall, like one of them, then 4 studs of flat, then another one of them, then a window, then another one, then more flat, etc. Alternately, you could do as this example shows and add some pipes or other metalwork coming out of the wall in places.

Lots of ways to fill empty spaces on roofs as well: antennae, boxy equipment representing cooling or power generators, pipes, junk, just about anything.

Keep up the good work and be sure to update us if you do more! :thumbup:

I really like it so far :thumbup: and make it as smooth as possible because if it

doesn't look smooth it'll look out of place.

You should make some different species figures also :thumbup:

A nice start to say the least. Imp' Shadows seems to know what he's talking about so i woul dtake some of his advice and add the buttresses. Looking forward to see the finished product :classic: .

Great job so far!

Yes, that's what I miss; Star Wars Lego "entourage" sets. By that I mean sets like upcoming Endor set, with typical SW type buildings.

Can we see pics of your tatooine?

BTW, nice MOC.

Sure, once i do it :tongue:

I'm also currently working on endor, kashyyyk, hoth, naboo ect but i need a bit more time and space as of yet :classic:

Great job so far!

Yes, that's what I miss; Star Wars Lego "entourage" sets. By that I mean sets like upcoming Endor set, with typical SW type buildings.

Exactly. Hence i've been buying lots of indy sets recently for the great parts. Indy sets (well, some indy sets) make great part packs for when you want to make SW scenes...

But lego needs to start using more baseplates! I need heaps of them, but they're either raised or green. I've got nearly enough green one's now but need other colours. Come on lego! I'm not paying a killing on BL for 20ish peices (even if they are big) in colours you fail to make baseplates of anymore!

It's one of the main reasons i like the new lego games :tongue:

i think it may look better f you added some brown in there to make it more interesting

i think it may look better f you added some brown in there to make it more interesting

Sorry - Not going to happen. :sadnew:

And neither is the DK tan in the walls. I don't really care how 'intresting' it looks. I want it to look right, for me. It's a backround not a centerpeice :wink:

I may use some DK tan for what Imp Shadows suggested, but i'll have to see how that goes.

Edit:

I may use some DK tan for what Imp Shadows suggested, but i'll have to see how that goes.

It's going well. In fact, it's basicly done. I'll put pics up soon.

Edited by legoman

How's this?: City in action (please ignore the grey Baseplate)

This isn't the post you're looking for *waves hand*

(Cancelled, better pics now in first post)

Edited by legoman

Thats looking a lot better now, I just can't work out is it the 4th movie or the 1st?

Thats looking a lot better now, I just can't work out is it the 4th movie or the 1st?

4th

Edited by legoman

Ah now that we can see how it was going to be used, it looks great!

I just can't work out is it the 4th movie or the 1st?

I think its the 4th because of the storm troopers and Luke and Ben kenobi