Commander Assassin

Lego Star Wars 10th anniversary exclusive on May 3 and 4

I just got an idea...

8029 Mini Snowspeeder anyone? :classic:

Don´t think so, as far as I know it won´t be released as a real set, only the instructions is availiable.

CopMike

FYI this is a USA only offer.

So anybody outside of the USA is screwed again :sadnew:

So anybody outside of the USA is screwed again :sadnew:

Business as usual :laugh:

EPMD_Business_as_Usual_(shirt).jpg

Perhaps they should release this for us non-US fans :grin:

Business as usual :laugh:

EPMD_Business_as_Usual_(shirt).jpg

Perhaps they should release this for us non-US fans :grin:

lol.

think it will be a special limited Lego figure.

is it 100% sure that it will only be available in the USA? and why? I mean we Europeans pay the most for a set and never get a bonus figure or something. so we all need to move to the USA to buy cheap Lego SW sets and get special bonus stuff?

Simple math.

NA is the biggest LEGO market.

They're also used to getting marketing deals and offers, at least more than we are used/expecting wuch matters in Europe and the rest of the world.

If you want to stay on top in the US, then you need to smoothen the market all the time.

That isn't needed here and thus such offers are always US only.

Money talks.

So what you spend 50 bucks and get a cookie cutter?.

No, that was a coupon on the store calendar. They have coupons on every store calendar.

I know this isnt a SW promotion but wouldnt it be sweet if they said 'free _$ PAB order with _$ purchase.'? Or maybe temporally SW parts on PAB? Just thinking of PAB possibilities.

Simple math.

NA is the biggest LEGO market.

They're also used to getting marketing deals and offers, at least more than we are used/expecting wuch matters in Europe and the rest of the world.

If you want to stay on top in the US, then you need to smoothen the market all the time.

That isn't needed here and thus such offers are always US only.

Money talks.

Actually Germany is the biggest LEGO market.

But you are right about American companioes getting deals. The size of these retailers means that they have large customers bases and can swing cheaper sets. It's why books on Amazon are cheaper than elsewhere - you stock more, you sell for less.

Whereas fair competition legislation in Europe quite often prevents or inhibits this.

Oh blah blah, thats just the same lame excuse they use for the EU psn being rubbish.

Lots of speculation, well whatever it is, I'll be taking advantage of it.

Just for fun, I'll go ahead and throw in my own wildly uninformed speculation and conjecture, because goodness knows one can never find enough of it on the internet.

I'll assume it is indeed a special commemorative minifigure - we know it's a physical item, after all, and I don't think TLC would do a special production run of a whole discontinued set (or multiple discontinued sets) just for a two-day event, so I'm thinking it's something simple and small. It has to be something "nonessential," meaning something that there's not a huge demand for in a regular set - no major characters, say - yet at the same time have the sort of cachet to be a great fan-service item, and one recognizable to lots of the hardcore but not likely to appear in a set; this points to an EU character, one from some quasi-obscure tale(s) not frequently referenced today, yet appearing in something sufficiently well-known to be appreciable by a great many of the hardcore fans. This suggests a character from some really early EU production / publication. It also has to be something really distinctive, which suggests some new alien character, perhaps with a custom head element, yet at the same time, since it's just a promotional item offered for a brief time, it couldn't require some expensive new mold, so it must be entirely made of existing LEGO elements, but perhaps ones no longer in regular production, and / or in different colors than before, and ideally, something that could make use of colors heavily represented in the current production palette, such as one of the dominant hues in the Power Miners line.

The answer, then, is quite clear: it's obviously a Jaxxon minifig, using the Nesquik Bunny headpiece in lime green. You're all welcome.

:tongue::wink:

It will probably be a small gift like a key chain.

I don't think so. This is what the Brickset post said:

Rick A picked up a flyer in his local LEGO brand store in the USA which states "May The Force be with you! Shop online at LEGOshop.com on May 3rd and May 4th for an exclusive, limited edition offer celebrating the Lego Star Wars 10th Anniversary!". My contact at LEGO says "I can’t spill the beans just yet on what it is, but it’s pretty cool!"

I'm guessing that it's going to be a chrome Vader...

I don't think so. This is what the Brickset post said:

I'm guessing that it's going to be a chrome Vader...

My turn to tell you that I don't think so :classic: You can already have a Chrome Vader in US! Something you can already have is not something pretty cool :sceptic:

I'm voting for an :alien:

An alien? :wacko:

I hope that it's something good, and something that you can get if you pay like $50 or so, not $100.

Edited by ILikePi

It could actully be an escape pod with a figure inside. The escape pod could be pretty detailed and the minifigure culd be someone like plo koon from the 1st episode of the clone wars or it could be obi wanfrom like the 20th episode.

I think this would be a pretty cool little gift. I think lego would do it because it wouldn't be hard to make.

It could also be a surprise as I mean. They could randomly send out figures with purchases to people so people do not know till their orders are their, I admit this would keep everyone moaning but it would be cool if you got a captain rex or a magna guard.

Just for fun, I'll go ahead and throw in my own wildly uninformed speculation and conjecture, because goodness knows one can never find enough of it on the internet.

:laugh:

I'll assume it is indeed a special commemorative minifigure - we know it's a physical item, after all, and I don't think TLC would do a special production run of a whole discontinued set (or multiple discontinued sets) just for a two-day event, so I'm thinking it's something simple and small.

So do I

It has to be something "nonessential," meaning something that there's not a huge demand for in a regular set - no major characters, say - yet at the same time have the sort of cachet to be a great fan-service item, and one recognizable to lots of the hardcore but not likely to appear in a set;

Totally agree

but I don't agree with your conclusion...why could be simply...a brick! A special commemorative brick :vader: sometimes we just forget what TLC's job is in first of all :classic:

Think about the 50th anniversary golden brick

:laugh:

So do I

Totally agree

but I don't agree with your conclusion...why could be simply...a brick! A special commemorative brick :vader: sometimes we just forget what TLC's job is in first of all :classic:

Think about the 50th anniversary golden brick

Oh, I don't agree with my "conclusion," either; my post was meant as a joke (though I still want credit for calling it if it turns out I was right ;)). That said, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it were a minifigure - the new figure that will otherwise be available exclusively with the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary, for example - but I do also think a simple commemorative brick is also likely (such as one of the printed Duplo 1x2 bricks they gave away to promote the launch of the theme in 1999).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Thanks!

Hmm... It's a cool LEGO exclusive poster, but I'm not sure if that's something I have to have... I've got some thinking to do!

I guess I missed your post as I was putting mine on! Thanks for the info though!