Sign in to follow this  
Dennimator

Snow Plough MOC

indexed.gif V-LI-01D

I have (finally) finished my Snow Plough MOC (WIP pics can be seen in my old topic).

Here are some pics of it:

Overview:

dsc01883.jpg

(This pic isn´t very good, as the front part look too big. Please ignore this, as it doesn´t look too big in real life.)

The Front:

dsc01886.jpg

The front was the hardest part, because I had to build it with 2 angles without making it unconnectable with a "normal" angled part in the middle. I finally found this solution:

dsc01885.jpg

dsc01887.jpg

(Yes, I used Tac-It here, because if I wouldn´t the front part would be too fragile and fall off very easy.)

Because the front is too heavy to stay up when lifted, I had to find out a way to keep it up. I eventually came up with this:

dsc01888.jpg

The hinge keep the front up effectively, and also can be moved into different positions:

dsc01890.jpg

Here is a close-up pic of the front "mechanism"(with flash, so that the pieces become more bright):

dsc01891.jpg

Please tell me what you think about it! :classic:

fantastic-wonderful-amazing. i would take a true genius to work out the front.

the only thing is your just past the snowy time (where i live could be different for you?) still it is wonder full i really love it keep up the brilliance.

:pir-wink: cb :pir-laugh:

ps it does look very big cause of the front.

It looks great, I remember seeing your WIP for this and its turned out better then I would have ever expected. I love how you've made a mechanism to higher and lower it. I only wish we had more pictures of the vehicle, I'm sure you could fix that up. :wink:

All in all great MOC

Took long enough :hmpf::tongue: . It looks wonderful! My only suggestions, if possible, would be to move the blade close to the cab, and make the blade thinner (I know that it'll be hard, but I think you're up to the challenge.)

Nice one Dennimator :thumbup:! And now the snow has melted :tongue:!

It looks like the ones they use here in Sweden so I guess you just had to go down to the community Emergency Vehicle area to check them out.

I agree that the plow could be a bit thinner, but that´s probably a tuff turkey to fix!

Again, great job - maybe you´ll bring it to Günzburg :cry_happy:!

CopMike

Like CopMike pointed out, just in time for spring! :tongue:

Seriously though, this is a good MOC, and your solution to setting the on the blades on an angle is genious. :thumbup:

Thank you all! :sweet::blush: I´m very glad to hear your comments.

Ricecracker and CopMike, unfortunately I can´t make the blade any thinner due to the fact that I have to put 2 angle pieces on each other to get them together without any gaps. :sadnew: The blade can´t be moved closer either, because then it would be no room for the hinge parts.

I´ll shortly add some more pics of the vehicle.

Oh, and CopMike; are we supposed to bring MOCs to Günzburg? If so, I´ll gladly bring it. :thumbup:

Edited by Dennimator

This is very good. I'm glad that you figured out how to do the front part so well.

I recently acquired the 7685 Bulldozer, and I was wondering if it mightn't be possible to use a similar mechanism for the front of your snow-plough as what the bulldozer uses. It may give it that extra bit of strength in the lifting.

Great job :thumbup: that's a very good moc and accurate to the original one you wanted to copy!

Oh, and CopMike; are we supposed to bring MOCs to Günzburg? If so, I´ll gladly bring it. :thumbup:
There´s no pressure to do it, but I think it would be cool if we did. LasseD brought some of his great stuff last year!
Ricecracker and CopMike, unfortunately I can´t make the blade any thinner due to the fact that I have to put 2 angle pieces on each other to get them together without any gaps. :sadnew: The blade can´t be moved closer either, because then it would be no room for the hinge parts.
Maybe you could use this:

6180.gif

as base for the blade?

ZopMike