• Gray and red (6289)
    • Gray and brown (6268, 6271)
    • Blue and white (6280)
    • Black and gray (6493)
    • Green and black (6250)

This is a ship by Aaron Walsh I found on lugnet:

xebec2.jpg

The brickshelf gallery is here.

The corresponding lugnet article is here.

The hull is custom-built and because of it its "resolution" is low - no streamlined shape, just all those right angles and the overall look suffers because of it. But my point is that the white colour fits very well despite the ship's size.

not bad! not bad at all! sure the hull isn't sophisticated but this lady has style!

i don't think western ships used that configuration of sails, tho , but i've seen worse...

This is a ship by Aaron Walsh I found on lugnet

MOCs like this should really be honoured in thread's of their own... Why hasn't this been done yet?

Now that's impressive! (and I rarely give that accolade to MOCs with obvious flaws...)

God Bless,

Nathan

Its not an accolade, its so the MOC can be discussed without polluting other threads causing them to go off topic. Like this one has for example :D

I voted brown, would like to see large black, large white, gray and yellow(yes yellow!) in the future. Some of the ships in the 17th and 19th century had a quite bright color, like yellow or white.

I voted for gray and brown because it's a little more interesting than solid brown but still realistic.

This is an old topic, I know. BUT the new castle set 7029 Skeleton Ship attack appears to have big black mid pieces!!!

440162130_9f5fb38da0_o.jpg

Now we only need the bow and stern pieces in black! :-P

Mr Tiber

Yes, we do need them in black! Alas, it only comes with 1 mid-section. Anyway, that sail is aweful!

Yes, we do need them in black! Alas, it only comes with 1 mid-section. Anyway, that sail is aweful!

I hope that the System pirate ships don't look anything like this :-X if TLG ever decides to make pirates that is 8-|

I'd probably still buy it for the piratey piece :-/

P

Guest Mr. Cameron

i voted grey and red because even though brown is the most realistic it looks rather boring on a lego style ship however my second choice is blue and white. most of my mocs use red hulls because they are large

2-4 deck galleons

I already voted in this poll. I hope I vote Red and Dk Gray ala Arbiter II style!

As someone wants discussion in this thread...hehee... I wonder if Lego will ever go back to original colors, and if so, use those new old colors on a possible new Pirate theme... X-D , one can hope, can he?

I voted red and brown. Skull's Eye Schooner... *wub*

Now I want Pirates! X-D

~Peace

I voted all brown also. I have them all, so it was easier to compare....but all brown gives a lot of flexibility. Of course, if you craft your own hull, which I have started..........

The whole ship is quite appauling IMO. Should never have been produced.

I like this ship :/

I voted brown, we need more brown ! but it's right that we need some black hulls too ^^

Brown is the most versatile and easy colour to work with, so I voted brown. But I like all hull colours, nice to have some variation, although some colours are hard to use well.

I think brown would look the best because on the black seas barracuda, brown goes really good with the ship.

I actually voted for red, since I really like the colors of the SES, brown is a very close second and is probably the most realistic.