Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Rediscover the bustling streets of Classic Town CONTEST

Oh, very nice prices! :thumbup:

They are not originally Town sets but their design is very similar to them - because of which I even like them all.

Only in the US. So for non-US residents it is probably more appealing for that reason :classic:

Absolutely right. So I am that modest to only want to win the second price. :grin:

They're all great sets and very true to the spirit of the competition. I can't wait to see more entries! Come on, people! Break out those classic smileys and start building!

I totally agree with you, svelt_corps!

Come on, some more entries would be actually nice! :wink:

To have only that few entries to vote is really disappointing! :sad: (Please don't get me wrong: not because of their quality - in contrast they are all great! - but because of the quantity of entries. :classic: )

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Absolutely right. So I am that modest to only want to win the second price. :grin:

Geez, I never thought the second prize hold so much attraction than the first. :blush:

I really thought it was a regular Shop@Home products, thinking that this part of the world do not have such polybags.

Come on, some more entries would be actually nice! :wink:

To have only that few entries to vote is really disappointing! :sad: (Please don't get me wrong: not because of their quality - in contrast they are all great! - but because of the quantity of entries. :classic: )

I am expecting another new entry anytime soon. :classic:

Come on guys, the more the merrier.

I just want to make sure before i post my entry, can it include a train or monorail? These are kind of vehicles but I just wanted to be positive.

I just want to make sure before i post my entry, can it include a train or monorail? These are kind of vehicles but I just wanted to be positive.

I am really very curious how are you going to integrate those into a Classic Town scene. I never specify of not allowing members not using trains or monorail. If you have interest to integrate these, why not? :classic:

Go ahead. If you are not sure, you could always drop me a pm to take alook at your entry if you really realy want to be sure. Thanks.

Dear all,

Please note that the deadline for this contest ends on 13th May 2009 at 1200hrs (GMT+8).

Get in those entries, if you have not done so. :wink:

WhiteFang

Erm, sorry for the stupid question, but what do you mean by 12:00 GMT... is that midnight on 12/13. May or noon on 13. May? :look:

Erm, sorry for the stupid question, but what do you mean by 12:00 GMT... is that midnight on 12/13. May or noon on 13. May? :look:

It meant, it will finish at 13th May, 12pm in my timezone, which is GMT+8.

That's not important right now, as there will be a special announcement later on. :sweet:

Edit:

gallery_2351_21_98712.jpg

With mysterious powers in the present world, Majisto, the Wizard from the Dragon Masters has spoken. Indeed, the EBCTC contest has been extended to 20th May 2009 at 1200hrs (GMT+8) for both Eurobricks members and staff categories. Let's keep the Classic Town spirit alive. I am looking forward to more of these wonderful rendition of Classic Town scenes. :wink:

Edited by WhiteFang

Oh good, I needed more time.

However what is this...

20th May 2009 at 1200hrs (GMT+8)

What the hell time is that? Is that noon in China? :classic: I live in East Coast time which is -5GMT, so does that mean I have until 11pm Eastern time the 19th?

Oh good, I needed more time.

However what is this...

20th May 2009 at 1200hrs (GMT+8)

What the hell time is that? Is that noon in China? :classic: I live in East Coast time which is -5GMT, so does that mean I have until 11pm Eastern time the 19th?

Well I'd imagine it is Singapore time.

Guys: you had a lot of time to build an entry. This contest started over a month ago. Are you waiting for pieces?

WhiteFang: I think it's nice that you extended the deadline. This will hopefully allow the late builders a chance to submit their entries.

The entries so far have been fantastic, but can they take down 1979? I don't think so... :tongue:

EDIT: Oh, and there's still a missing yellow castle among the entries.

Well I'd imagine it is Singapore time.

The fact is, it is Singapore time at 12pm as I am defintely around to wrap up this contest. :classic:

WhiteFang: I think it's nice that you extended the deadline. This will hopefully allow the late builders a chance to submit their entries.

Yes, it's defintely nice to see a few more entries making it in time and I must admit that all entries defintely had achieved the Classic Town feel. How nice will it be, if we are able to integrate all entries together to form a tabletop town. :wub:

The entries so far have been fantastic, but can they take down 1979? I don't think so... :tongue:

They can still try. :tongue:

EDIT: Oh, and there's still a missing yellow castle among the entries.

Oh. :look:

:tongue:

Apparently not... Aren't YOU posting an entry!? :sceptic:

Congratulations to koffiemoc, svelte_corps and Eti for winning the top honours! Great entries guys, and thoroughly deserved success for each and every one of you!

A big THANK YOU goes out to WhiteFang for organising this contest and for getting us all feel so passionate about it... not to mention the great prizes. It's a real pity you couldn't enter your MOC mate, but I still look forward to seeing it soon!

I've had tons of fun participating in this contest, which has been a first for me since coming out of the dark ages. Asya and I both enjoyed this whole thing very much and we're very grateful for the support EB members have shown by voting for us, despite the fact that our entry could have been quite a bit better given more time. Thank you guys, your support has been extremely inspirational and we're both chuffed - to say the least.

Once again, thanks for this great event :] Now then, let's vote for those EB members' entries, shall we?

Oh and by the way... can't wait for the next contest :grin:

Congratulations to koffiemoc, svelte_corps and Eti for winning the top honours! Great entries guys, and thoroughly deserved success for each and every one of you!

I didn't realize the staff had verified the votes and announced the winners...

I didn't realize the staff had verified the votes and announced the winners...

Did my counting of votes by chance spoil anything... again?

P.S.: Voting has obviously been closed for some time and there were no instructions as to proceedings after that, apart from what the winners should do. So there you go. But Hinck, just go ahead and delete my post if it's a problem.

Edited by TheOtters

Did my counting of votes by chance spoil anything... again?

P.S.: Voting has obviously been closed for some time and there were no instructions as to proceedings after that, apart from what the winners should do. So there you go. But Hinck, just go ahead and delete my post if it's a problem.

Not a problem, we're just waiting for the votes to be tallied and confirmed. In general, it's nice to wait for an announcement.

As much as I bitch at you, were you aware that you're one of my favorite new members? :blush:

Awwwwwww... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Scruffy's kettle would turn all gray-reddish right now if he were here!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

As much as I would love to have a lengthy discussion about deep emotions and the usual bitching which is almost always associated with such, I'd better go back to my economic history books now... :tongue:

It's mutual tho - even though you don't really qualify as "new" (as aptly noted in your EBCTC entry... :grin: )

Please give us a few more hours until EB Staff have finished auditing the votes.

Thanks. :sweet:

Mikay, who is this whitesnake? :wacko:

Mikay, who is this whitesnake? :wacko:

The band in the Otters post, though i've just realised the connection to your name...

you might have been a fan back in the eighties?

2contestmain.jpg

Re-discover the bustling streets of Classic Town

OK, I know this is a stupid question, but I am new to Eurobricks -- where can I see the contest entries?

-T

OK, I know this is a stupid question, but I am new to Eurobricks -- where can I see the contest entries?

No worries. I didn't place a link in the first post, so its partly my oversight. I will update the first post now.

This is the link, for both members and staff entries for this year EBCTC. :classic: