Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Rediscover the bustling streets of Classic Town CONTEST

I can do this! I have a helicopter baseplate but if I build over it so it is like a road can that be done?

I can do this! I have a helicopter baseplate but if I build over it so it is like a road can that be done?

Could you show me a sample of the helicopter baseplate that you intend to do?

Could you show me a sample of the helicopter baseplate that you intend to do?

It is this but I would build over the parts so it would look like a road. Otherwise, I have no other choice.

:classic: I think I'll go to my grandma's and avail myself of my uncle's old lego to enter this (I won't pinch or add any elements to/from my collection) thus it will all be pure classic town bricks, baseplates and figures and a lovely chance to chat with my grandman again.

I think I built an undertakers when I was there once (I was a morbid child 'kay) and she still has some rather battered instructions for a petrol station.

This will be fun :classic:

Oh man, this contest is just what I've been wanting. I'm a huge Town fan, and I've been looking for an excuse to go back to classic :D

At the moment I'm in the middle of building a big diorama for a display, but that should be done in a week or 2 so I'll still have enough time to build for this contest.

I'm in!

No entries is good enough as I strongly believe every entry takes an amount of time and hardwork to achieve it.

Well, if no entry is good enough for you, why should we bother? :cry_sad:

:tongue:

K.D, this is one contest, which I urge your participation in it, as you are one of the avid Town fan in EB, and we will love to see your building entires. Unfortuntately, no LDD entries is allowed. Hopefully, you are able to come out with something nice.

Thank you very much, WhiteFang! :sweet:

Like already mentioned I of course would very much like to participate in this great contest - and I even hope that I'll have enough time to build my entire - but I don't want to promise anything.

So minimum one building, minimum one car and the use of (maximum rwo (roadplates) - let's see, I already have got an idea. :wink:

Only one question in order to that I completely understand right:

Are we only allowed to use bricks of the 70ths and 80ths or even newer bricks (like e. g. the ice cream pieces or the ?

(minifigs are clear that they only are allowed to be from that time)

Klaus-Dieter

Aw, I can't enter since I don't have a road baseplate. :hmpf_bad:

Will you reveal the "mystery City set" when the contest is over? :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

Well, I mean, not printing it out. But just add it on the photo with the computer. So the decal isn't there in real life. I fully understand this would be against the rules.

Matn, unforuntately this action above is not allowed in the contest. Thanks for asking.

It is this but I would build over the parts so it would look like a road. Otherwise, I have no other choice.

Do you have other road baseplates to use? If you have, I will strongly advice you to use those instead.

Well, Im glad I have two road baseplates and a lot of old classic minifigs :classic:

this is going to be fun.

Looks to me like a good start. :classic:

:classic: I think I'll go to my grandma's and avail myself of my uncle's old lego to enter this (I won't pinch or add any elements to/from my collection) thus it will all be pure classic town bricks, baseplates and figures and a lovely chance to chat with my grandman again.

I think I built an undertakers when I was there once (I was a morbid child 'kay) and she still has some rather battered instructions for a petrol station.

Sounds like there are some Classic sets and elements among your uncle's pile of old LEGO. Looking forward to what you can come out with.

Oh man, this contest is just what I've been wanting. I'm a huge Town fan, and I've been looking for an excuse to go back to classic :D

At the moment I'm in the middle of building a big diorama for a display, but that should be done in a week or 2 so I'll still have enough time to build for this contest.

I'm in!

I am sure this is a great excuse for town fans to go "Classic". Looking forward to your new diorama. :sweet:

Only one question in order to that I completely understand right:

Are we only allowed to use bricks of the 70ths and 80ths or even newer bricks (like e. g. the ice cream pieces or the ?

(minifigs are clear that they only are allowed to be from that time)

Yes, it can be allowed for both 70s, 80s and recent sets, except for the minifigs that need to have Classic Town appearance which will be used to represent part of the Classic Town presentation.

Will you reveal the "mystery City set" when the contest is over? :classic:

Yes, it will be reveal at the end of the voting next month.

Sorry, I'm confused now. Are custom decals for shop signs etc allowed or not?

Sounds like a great contest! I'd love to enter this, but, unfortunately, I see some barriers in my way. A) I may be one of the biggest town fans here on EB, but I'm not a classic town person, at least building-wise. B) I'm currently, and will be for a while, working on my Brickworld projects/displays. I really wish I could enter, but, I can't. So good luck to everyone else!

Sorry, I'm confused now. Are custom decals for shop signs etc allowed or not?

Clone brands and custom parts that is not related or produced by LEGO is not allowed.

On the other hands, custom decals/torsos are allowed if they are used for Classic Town context, for example, re-making of shop signs such as SHELL Petrol station.

Matn, unforuntately this action above is not allowed in the contest. Thanks for asking.

Okay, thanks for the answer, it's pretty normal. :classic:

Yes, it can be allowed for both 70s, 80s and recent sets, except for the minifigs that need to have Classic Town appearance which will be used to represent part of the Classic Town presentation.

Wait... so we can use parts from new or old sets, as long as the minifigs have the classic smiley?

Does this extend to other considerations, such as colours (can we use dark red/ dark green/ dark tan etc) or are colours like bley disallowed?

Wait... so we can use parts from new or old sets, as long as the minifigs have the classic smiley?

Yes, and with Classic Town torsos as well.

Does this extend to other considerations, such as colours (can we use dark red/ dark green/ dark tan etc) or are colours like bley disallowed?

No, these colors are defintely allowed. We are not placing any restrictions on the colors used. :classic:

Would either of these minifigs be acceptable?

twn069.jpgoct062.jpg

Especially with the first one, I think it uses a sort of "modern" Classic-Town look, but I don't know if it's allowed, or if it's strictly perfect Classic-Town looks only.

I am sure you are able to spare some of the bricks from some of your modular creations. :wink:

Yep, I think I'll do that. BTW, it would be possible to post an entry without a roadbaseplate? I don't have anyone :wacko: I was going to purchase some but it would be modern ones, without "grass" on the road sides, they would be ok? :look:

Would either of these minifigs be acceptable?

Especially with the first one, I think it uses a sort of "modern" Classic-Town look, but I don't know if it's allowed, or if it's strictly perfect Classic-Town looks only.

Although there are not produced in Classic Town, but their torsos certainly look classic enough to be in it. Why not, since these minifigs appear in Town Plan anyway. :classic:

Yep, I think I'll do that. BTW, it would be possible to post an entry without a roadbaseplate? I don't have anyone :wacko: I was going to purchase some but it would be modern ones, without "grass" on the road sides, they would be ok? :look:

Unfortuntately, this is one of the basic rule required for this contest. You can use the modern roadbase plates, and use additional baseplates to expand, if necessary, depending on your design. I quoted rule number 1 below for your easy reference, and do let me know if you have anymore doubts.

At least one road baseplate must be used since your creation should be something seen in the downtown area of your classic town. You may use a maximum of two road baseplates and two additional 16x32 or 8x32 baseplates, if necessary. In addition, when two road baseplates are in use, you are to ensure that both road baseplates are from the same time period (grey/grey, green/green). Never mix road baseplates of Classic Town and City together.

Mr Fang, does this classic count as a road baseplate?

4478px2.jpg

Bricklink describes it as 'Baseplate, Road 32 x 32 with Driveway with Light Gray Cobblestones Pattern'

I was thinking of having something set back a little from the main street, but with an entrance at the front to blend in with the rest of the conceptual streetscape.

Mr Fang, does this classic count as a road baseplate?

4478px2.jpg

Bricklink describes it as 'Baseplate, Road 32 x 32 with Driveway with Light Gray Cobblestones Pattern'

After giving some thoughts to it, I am allowing these baseplates to be used in this contest as long they are able to present a Classic Town scene with the proposed baseplates. In addition, other 32 x 32 road baseplates that is used in official Classic Town LEGO sets can be considered as well, with links provided. Usage of other baseplates will be specify in the first post.

Dear all,

There is a rule update in the first post regarding to usage of road baseplates. It has been extended to 4 main categories, based on Bricklink description. If there is any doubts, please raise here for discussion. Thanks.

WhiteFang

I read through all the rules several times, but I still figured I'd ask if this baseplate is acceptable. Can you confirm that it is acceptable for the contest?

I read through all the rules several times, but I still figured I'd ask if this baseplate is acceptable. Can you confirm that it is acceptable for the contest?

Yes, this baseplate is acceptable. If you are intending to extend the area by using this baseplate, be sure to use the same color tone, which is green. Never mix it up. Thanks. :classic:

[*]The contest begins today and will end on 13th May 2009 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). At that time the Eurobricks community will vote to determine the winner. In the case of a tie, the Eurobricks staff will make the final decision.

Which means we have until 13. May to submit our entries. I would however like to know whether voting itself will begin on 13. May or sooner (before the actual deadline?)

Which means we have until 13. May to submit our entries. I would however like to know whether voting itself will begin on 13. May or sooner (before the actual deadline?)

Voting will begin once the deadline is up. :classic:

I will specify the voting area, when the time comes.