Sign in to follow this  
Zorro

British 95th Rifles

JASBRICK says:

Here is my version of a member of the British 95th Rifles. These guys were reknowned for their unconventional skirmish warfare practices during the wars of the Napoleonic era, utilising sharpshooter tactics to eliminate the command elements of enemy formations. Most people will know of this unit due to the Sharpe television series.

Anyway here he is:

95th_rifles_1.jpg

And a different angle:

95th_rifles_2.jpg

The body is hand painted and the rifle is a modified brickarms rifle.

Jasbrick

Beautiful work.

An excellent addition to the group of Pirate customs out there.

I've heard of those sneaky elite infantry units, and I know how they look like and this is a perfect copy! If that torso really is hand-painted, he has done an amazing job!

The rifle looks awesome as well. But I miss some epaulettes here, the original units had white epaulettes.

Very fine adaptation of a riflemen. The amazing is that Jasbrick is doing all that with painting (also the torso I think).

Andreas

Here's forty shillings on the drum

For those who'll volunteer to come

To 'list and fight the foe today.

Over the hills and far away.

O'er the hills and o'er the main.

Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.

King George commands and we obey.

When duty calls me I must go

To stand and face another foe.

But part of me will always stray

Brilliant Creation!

That song makes me think of the movie "The Patriot." Awesome movie.

Yes, But that songs about the British pride rather than us fighting America, then backing out which isnt losing. :pir_laugh2:

But yes, That song is brilliant.

is quite a good tune too.

JASBRICK says:

Here is my version of a member of the British 95th Rifles. These guys were reknowned for their unconventional skirmish warfare practices during the wars of the Napoleonic era, utilising sharpshooter tactics to eliminate the command elements of enemy formations. Most people will know of this unit due to the Sharpe television series.

The body is hand painted and the rifle is a modified brickarms rifle.

Jasbrick

I was a BIG fan of Sharpe's when I was a kid. Any chance you could make one for me? I'd love to have one just "because". What would it cost?

I was a BIG fan of Sharpe's when I was a kid. Any chance you could make one for me? I'd love to have one just "because". What would it cost?

You will have a bigger chanche asking this down here.

Sorry guys... I normally respond to comments, I just did not realise that this was here as well. I am very pleased that you like him, he is one of a series I created to simulate various historical military units. I may produce a few others in this era.

Very fine adaptation of a riflemen. The amazing is that Jasbrick is doing all that with painting (also the torso I think).

Andreas

Thanks... yes it is all painted. Am I right in thinking that painting is generally considered a bad thing?

Anyway thanks everyone for the comments.

Jasbrick

Thanks... yes it is all painted. Am I right in thinking that painting is generally considered a bad thing?

That doesn't matter to me since only the result counts and that's very impressive. Maybe you can give us one detailed shot of the rifle?

For guys interested in riflemen, here's a torso Mosana did some time ago:

rifle-2.jpgrifles-1.jpg

and a shot on a body:

britshako.png

Woody64