ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

I'll be going to a Lego store for the first time in about three weeks. Really looking forward to hitting the PAB wall - keeping my fingers crossed that there will be grey 2x2 tiles in particular, but excited to be able to pick out bricks rather than parting out sets or ordering online.

The last 2 cups I bought I just shoved it full of 2 x 4's. Both times light bluish gray. The first one had 162. The next one I got 165. Considering they cost twice as much as my less than 10 cents a brick, I'm thoroughly satisfied.

From the Westfarms Mall Lego store in West Hartford, Connecticut, the day after they opened, two weeks ago. Sorry for the poor choice of backgrounds, had to move quick as the kids wanted to get building ASAP. Each child got a small cup; regretfully, I didn't get anything.

IMG_20140510_160735168.jpg

IMG_20140510_170348581.jpg

IMG_20140510_171058695.jpg

Edited by JGW3000

I went to a Lego store a few months ago, and I got a pretty good haul! I went home with a bunch of 1x2 light gray masonry bricks and the 2x2 fluted white column pieces (sorry, don't know a better name for this). I am planning on going back sometime soon and stopping at the PAB wall. With my Lego store, the wall is hit or miss. It's either plain red 2x4 bricks or the masonry ones.

Went to the Cincinnati LEGO store on 5-23 and refilled six pick-a-brick cups. I don't have exact totals but here's what I got

- 2x4 dark gray, orange, red, blue, yellow, and black bricks

- 1x2 dark gray and white bricks,

- 1x2 brown plates

- 1x2 trans aqua tiles

- 6x8 green plates

Are all the pickabrick walls now the same? I thought I remember reading how they were going to make all the stores uniform.

The selection at the Chicago store has not changed significantly in the last 4-5 weeks. They are still highlighting the new pieces which showed up at the start of May (many airplane related parts). I will be going back again this weekend and hopefully they have something new and useful.

Are all the pickabrick walls now the same? I thought I remember reading how they were going to make all the stores uniform.

In the July calendar there's a box that says "This month: a whole new wave of elements is coming to the Pick-a-Brick wall!". So new elements next month.

Those cubbies with the NEW!, CITY, and STAR WARS things are uniform throughout stores. The next time those cubbies will change out is July.

Any cubby that does not have those labels will b changed out as needed.

The selection at the Chicago store has not changed significantly in the last 4-5 weeks. They are still highlighting the new pieces which showed up at the start of May (many airplane related parts). I will be going back again this weekend and hopefully they have something new and useful.

Yeah, that seems to be the case with my local store too in Cincinnati. Would be nice if the 'new' cubbies weren't the same thing for several months at a time though. It seems that since that change back in May, a lot of the parts are staying on the wall for a longer period of time than before those changes.

I went to the Chicago store today and bought 1 large and 1 small cup.

I got various nice pieces:

1x1 plate clear

1x2 plate clear

1x2 plate tan

1x2 brick dark red

2x2 plate with 1 stud white

2x4 plate tan

2x10 plate tan

Travis bricks.

They also had all sorts of 1x2 tiles (pink, trans. blue) and lt. bley clips, that sort of thing.

I was very happy with the selection.

Edited by jamesn

A cup full of 1x2 in MdBlue this weekend from the Sawgrass Mills LEGO Store.

Needed it for my Element project. Also on the wall, some goodies: Dark red 1x2, Clear panel, pink 1x2 and 1x4, lavender 1x2 plate, etc.

No wedges. They had Travises. I passed on these because either I don't need them, or in the case of the DkRed 1x2, have sufficient quantities of them already.

My store had some positively delicious stuff this week. A nice bin of Dark Red 1x2 bricks, always useful. A bin of 1x2x2 snot pieces in white. And a ton of light bley 1x1 round tiles.

I took a trip to the 2nd closest store to me (60mi. one way), and got some nice door frames, in white, which I needed...but they were completely out of doors to go with them. I got a lot of tile pieces, for future ideas, some window frames and glass, 3x4x1 size. Lot of other small bits, to fill up the cup. I got some of the dark red 1x2s too... 1x4 tiles in brown, I know I can use those.

I went for the first time to the Lille (France) store as I was in between two trains and I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the haul I got. For the first time in a long time, I purchased several cups (2 large/1 small). I did not pack them tightly due to time constraints but here is what I got:

14464122332_1725407cc5_z.jpg20140619_200529 by Kinggregus, on Flickr

Also, the staff was super nice. Will definitely go again.

Edited by kinggregus

I hope the green tiles and white panels will still be there in two weeks.

Indeed the staff is super nice there.

I went to the Lego Store in Hamburg, Germany today to fill my first PAB cup (I chose the large size).

14281354677_a3cbd50cf6_z.jpg

I might have gone a little overboard with the trans-clear 1x2x2, but I need some of them in my current project and I thought it can't hurt to have a lot of them :laugh:

Cheers TomKraut

My store had some positively delicious stuff this week. A nice bin of Dark Red 1x2 bricks, always useful. A bin of 1x2x2 snot pieces in white. And a ton of light bley 1x1 round tiles.

Was this the Sugarloaf/Discover Mill store?