ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Fill my last freebie holiday box last night. Got a bunch of 1x1x5 brick in white, 1x2x2 panel in clear, 6x8 plate in green, and flower stems in green. I had kiddos with me, so I couldn't be terribly picky in packing (and I didn't want to stack the 6x8 plates tightly anyway), so I could have squeezed more in, but it was definitely a solid box. Hopefully have time to count it out tonight...

I see these pictures and am powerless to resist.... I'm still in "Brick Acquisition Mode" for my planned MOCs, so I'll be heading out tonight for two PaB cups.

I see these pictures and am powerless to resist.... I'm still in "Brick Acquisition Mode" for my planned MOCs, so I'll be heading out tonight for two PaB cups.

These pictures are torturous to me my good sir. I live a good 2-3 hours from the closer of the two Virginia (USA) LEGO stores, though I plan on moving up north soon if I don't I will make a trip specifically to get some PAB Cups. I also love finding this thread and it showing the smart way of packing to facilitate container capacity. I plan on getting a couple cups and showing everyone here.

Picked up my very first PaB cup at the Houston galleria Lego store yesterday. I probably spent about an hour packing the cup while talking to the guys working there, including the guy stocking the wall who seemed to be an avid afol and was extremely helpful. They graciously let me get some elements from the back that were not currently on the wall, so I have to say I'm impressed by their customer service.

6773454237_834c8f35d8_z.jpg

PAB Cup 1/26-12 by fyrmedhatt, on Flickr

This is the cup, it was not taped down, just sealed with the normal PaB cup stickers, so it broke apart on the way home. My apologies for the mess in the background, I just cleared some space on the dining room table to part it out.

6773454245_0cab3f5eb0_z.jpg

PAB Cup 1/26-12 by fyrmedhatt

After spending about an hour sorting out everthing, this is what I got:

1x4 Rbrown Tile 203

1x4 Rbrown Brick 19

1x2 Rbrown Brick 38

1x3 Dk Bgray Brick 70

4x4 Dk Bgray Plate 7

4x4 Tan Plate 10

1x2 Trans-Black Brick 4

1x1 Dk Bgray Brick 46

1x2 Rbrown Plate 24

2x2 Tan Corner Plate 8

1x2 White Tile Grill 7

1x4 Tan Plate 41

1x2 Lgray Plate modified 1

1x2 Black Plate 1

1x2 White Brick Hinge Assembly 4

1x1 Lgray Brick Modified 5

1x2x3 Rbrown Window Curved w/Prl Gold 4

Plant Green Bamboo 77

Plant Green Grass 16

1x2 Rbrown Brick Palisade 1

Lgray w/Black Lever 43

1x1 Dk Trans Blue Round plate 236

1x1 Lt Trans Blue Plate 127

1x1 Clear Trans Plate 1

Total: 993

I'm quite happy with that total, just wish I'd fit an additional 7 parts in there ;). Many small parts I know, however, I think they will all come in useful in some kind of castle creation once I actually have time to build an MOC.

Now for the value: using average sales price from Bricklink gives a value of $ 54.08, while using the minimum sales price I still come out ahead at $16.24. If I had been to order this off of the online PaB it would cost me no less than $ 120.21, so obviously I'm pleased with my score.

I'm really looking forward to doing this again next week, I'll remember to bring my two Holiday PaB boxes, but I'm sure I'll get myself another big cup as well.

I went to the Lego Store after work the other day and got my PAB fix. The PAB wall wasn't busy crowded like on the weekends. There was another AFOL carefully packing his cup. It was pretty relaxing and laid back. I didn't put into much effort and got about 805 pieces in.

Picture16763.jpg

Picture16766.jpg

Two really great cups Dr Spock and fyrmed, both of your 1x4 tiles look like a great find.

Man, I suggest that everyone do this at least once. I had a great time packing my Holiday box. My wife just let me hammer away at it forever and I had so much fun.

My wife just let me hammer away at it forever and I had so much fun.

:look: :look: :look:

Maybe I am a perv, but this sounds really innapropriate.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:blush: Please don't ban me. :blush:

Edited by Legoman273

Spock, which store is that from? Sherway or Fairview?

Yes, you are.

Everyone one else just thought that in their head... :laugh

Dont worry, we can appreciate a bit of banter without the ban hammer coming down and smacking us silly.

The count from the final freebie holiday box the other day:

15 6x8 green plates

77 1x1x5 white bricks

33 trans-clear 2x3 panels

162 flower stems

4 bamboo leaves that were mixed into the flower stem bin

6772437055_77aba08d02.jpg

IMAG0260 by mostlytechnic, on Flickr

Then I also filled a large cup - no photos, but got about 40 1x16 white bricks, a bunch of red slope 45 2x4, a big bunch of white 1x2x1 panels, and some more flower stems to fill it up.

Edited by mostlytechnic

(snip)

33 trans-clear 2x3 panels

(snip)

2x3 panels? I've only seen 2x2 panels, which looks like you've actually have, unless I perceiving the pic wrong.

I've yet to see 2x3 panels in any color in PaB.

2x3 panels? I've only seen 2x2 panels, which looks like you've actually have, unless I perceiving the pic wrong.

I've yet to see 2x3 panels in any color in PaB.

2x3 panels do not exist.

I've been going to the PaB wall on a pretty regular basis now, as I said in my previous message in this thread. Well, I got two cups on Friday that I forgot to take a picture of before I had them parted out into storage. So I made an excuse to stop by again today :)

6785794543_e88587f829_z.jpg

Untitled by wools, on Flickr

6785792987_374e49df43_z.jpg

Untitled by wools, on Flickr

Tile 1x4

Green: 33

Brown: 43

Tile 1x2

light green (?) 45

Plate 1x2

Trans-clear: 41

Plate 1x2

Trans-clear: 41

Chair

Brown: 7

Slope 2x2 45

Black: 31

Slope 1x3 33

Black: 33

Plate 2x8

Red: 6

Plate 4x8

Black: 27

Plate: 4x4

Light bley: 6

Plate 6x16

Light bley: 6

Brick 1x4

Brown: 20

Plate 1x1 round

Trans-blue: 224

Plate 1x1

Trans-green: 179

Two really great cups Dr Spock and fyrmed, both of your 1x4 tiles look like a great find.

Thanks. :classic:

Spock, which store is that from? Sherway or Fairview?

Prateek, I went to the Fairview store. Gotta figure out what I am going to build for BrickFete 2012 with all those green tiles and 2x2 clear panels. :laugh:

Prateek, I went to the Fairview store. Gotta figure out what I am going to build for BrickFete 2012 with all those green tiles and 2x2 clear panels. :laugh:

dr_spock (or other TO locals) I was thinking of taking the 2 hour drive to TO next sun, any chance you could give me a quick rundown of what was on the wall to know if it is worth the drive? last PAB I went to was the temp store in downtown disney and it was sparce.

thanks

Here are 3 of my PAB cups from last year. What usually happened to me is, after I packed some bricks and examined them after going home, I always regretted not having packed more of a specific brick!

lego%2520PAB%2520cup%25205.jpg

lego%2520PAB%2520cup%25203.jpg

lego%2520PAB%2520cup%25202%2520p.jpg

BTW, I just recently began to use rebrickable.com to manage my LEGO sets and spare parts, and use it to easily see to what % I can build a specific set based on my inventory, and that works sweetly!

I have packed 5 PAB cups in 2011. Here is my inventory from rebrickable:

2011%2520PAB%2520inventory%25201.jpg

2011%2520PAB%2520inventory%25202.jpg

2011%2520PAB%2520inventory%25203.jpg

It is a pity the LEGO wall does not change frequently enough in my area :sadnew:

Edited by xinbei

They graciously let me get some elements from the back that were not currently on the wall, so I have to say I'm impressed by their customer service.

That's great when they do that for you. Seems to be a crapshoot whether the staff is willing to look in the back. Sometimes I get the cursory "everything's out on the wall" answer, which I know is BS. But usually they will look in the back, and sometimes wheel a cart full of boxes out for me to look at. Usually the slower the traffic in the store, the more likely they are to look in the back.

1x2x3 Rbrown Window Curved w/Prl Gold 4

Good job on these! I loaded up on these the last time they were at the PAB wall, because they're expensive on BrickLink and essential for castle MOCs.

But usually they will look in the back, and sometimes wheel a cart full of boxes out for me to look at. Usually the slower the traffic in the store, the more likely they are to look in the back.

Same happened to me, I got really lucky. The boxes are scratch and damage boxes, and when I went to the Cincinatti, OH store this christmas eve, they had some WV Post offices, parts from a GE, and 1 or two parts from a GG! :laugh: Needless to say, I loaded up on brown windows and light bricks. So did my cousin! :sweet:

Here are 3 of my PAB cups from last year. What usually happened to me is, after I packed some bricks and examined them after going home, I always regretted not having packed more of a specific brick!

So true! :cry_sad:

PAB on!

Dakar

Edited by Dakar A

I bought three cups at the shaumburg IL location recently.

First Cup

16 2x12 Light Blue Gray Plates

17 1x1x5 White brick

29 1x4 red brick

29 1x4 yellow plate

1 2x2 yellow tile

26 1x2 Light blue Gray hinge plates (1 finger)

27 1x2 light blue gray hinge plates (2 finger)

55 1x1 trans red plates

24 2x2x2 Barrels

28 1x4 light blue gray brick

12 1x3 tan brick

53 1x2 black brick

second cup

4 2x4 red brick

34 1x4 white arch

23 1x1x5 White brick

43 1x1 Green round brick with 3 leaves

46 1x2 black plates

18 1x2 tan plates

59 1x2 black slope brick

9 2x8 white brick

9 2x6 black plate

7 2x2 yellow tile

50 1x4 yellow plate

6 1x2x2 2/3 Brown Window with arch

6 1x2x2 2/3 gold window lattice

Third Cup

452 1x1 clear plate

4 4x6 black plate

60 1x2 yellow jumper

60 1x2 black plate

135 1x4 light blue gray brick

We just posted our latest video which shows you how to get 169 2x4 bricks into one large pick a brick cup. Let us know what you think :)

http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=yourcreativefriends

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-YCF

good tip and technique, I might have to try to design a "level" of 1x2 for my next trip and see how it stacks up against my traditional method of stacking them in a column

thanks