ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

23 minutes ago, Retro said:

Wait, let me check...oh yes, we don't have any Lego stores in Ireland at all. So your glass should be half full (if not your PAB cup)! 😆

Does that make your nearest one Cardiff or something?

5 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Does that make your nearest one Cardiff or something?

As the crow flies, probably yes! Actually, maybe Liverpool...

Just got back from the lego store! I will share what I got in a bit. We were allowed to pack our cups and the employees in the store were very kind!

Bought 1 large PAB cup. Here is what I got:

1) 1x3 light bley bricks - 74

2)1x3 dark bley bricks - 77

3) 1x4 teal bricks -43

4) 2x2 dark bley bricks- 21

5)2x2 white bricks - 14

6)2x2 tan bricks - 13

7)2x2 black bricks- 3

8) 2x6 dark orange plates- 5

9)1x2 light bley masonary bricks - 31

10) 1x2 dark tan masonary bricks- 46

11)2x2 white plates - 9

12)2x2 light bley plates - 2

13)1x2 coral brick - 1

14) 1x5x5 corrugated panels in dark bley-1

15)2x4 plates in tan- 122

16) 1 rabbit !

17) 1x8 light bley tile- 1

18)couple of parts in dark azure 

19) a door in yellow

20) a big plant leaf

21) 2x2 trans blue brick- 4

22) white arch 1x4-1

23) 1x2 grill in white -1

overall a pretty successful trip :)

Thanks ! Spent a solid hour there. The employees brought out some goodies from the back like the rabbit, the azure pieces as well as the panel.

Edit : turns out you can fit 400 1x3 bricks in a large cup. Up to 450 if your store is willing to let you go a cm more...

Edited by Adrial

Not sure if this is the right place but... does anyone know if Pick a Brick walls ever carried cat minifigs? Has anyone got some from PAB wall?

I have never seen them on the wall... If I ever saw them I would completely empty the tray😂. I think a more likely place would be the BAM station but still it’s very doubtful. That’s partly why animals are so rare...

On 3/11/2021 at 1:34 PM, Adrial said:

I have never seen them on the wall... If I ever saw them I would completely empty the tray😂. I think a more likely place would be the BAM station but still it’s very doubtful. That’s partly why animals are so rare...

Haha... hope we will not be in the same store or there will be a brawl. I have about 5 but need more cat minifigs cause I am planning to build a cat shelter. So, of course, need lots of cats.

On that note, does Lego sell every piece they ever made in PAB Wall or are there pieces that you can only buy if you buy the sets? I'm guessing there must be some rare pieces like that.

46 minutes ago, BrickObsessed said:

On that note, does Lego sell every piece they ever made in PAB Wall or are there pieces that you can only buy if you buy the sets? I'm guessing there must be some rare pieces like that.

Most licensed pieces are going to be exclusive to the sets because of the restrictions of the licenses themselves. Obviously discontinued parts aren't available at Pick a Brick (imagine if you could still buy brand-new cypress trees in the shop!) and to be honest I'd be surprised if their full complement of in-house pieces was available for purchase. Lots of pieces - baseplates, BURPS/LURPS, wall panels - are going to take up a lot of space, so while they might make room for a few larger pieces they're not going to have them all. And when you start counting all the unique parts in all the colours they're made in, it quickly adds up to an amount so big Lego would need entire stores devoted to Pick a Brick alone. My understanding is that they just choose common pieces/colours, updating their selection periodically - and I believe specific Lego stores will carry a slightly different selection, though it's been a long time since I went to one so I'm not sure.

On 3/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, BrickObsessed said:

Not sure if this is the right place but... does anyone know if Pick a Brick walls ever carried cat minifigs? Has anyone got some from PAB wall?

Animals show up from time to time. Back in Oct ‘19 BaM stations had exclusive dark grey cats. They’ve also had exclusive black terriers(Toto), black dachshund. Then they had CMF animals like the older tan bulldog. 

18 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Animals show up from time to time. Back in Oct ‘19 BaM stations had exclusive dark grey cats. They’ve also had exclusive black terriers(Toto), black dachshund. Then they had CMF animals like the older tan bulldog. 

So, there is hope. :laugh:

18 hours ago, djbonzaii said:

Hi. Where can I buy the cups only or equal sized cups? Thank you

You can check on bricklink , there are some for sale. But I feel its more worth if you buy a cup full of parts from the lego store with the cup!

A store opened recently in Brussels, but unfortunately due to the pandemic restrictions it could only be accessed with an appointment.

More recently, stores could open normally again, but the Lego store still kept a low amount of customers allowed at the same time. There was nearly 30 min of queue when I went (and much more when I exited, so I arrived there at a good time I guess).

The PaB is still not freely accessible: they display each available part on a baseplate and an employee picks in the wall what you ask. He does not optimize the filling like what we do as AFOLs, but they provide a few extra part in a separate paper bag to compensate that.

Here are the parts I got with 1 large cup and 1 small cup:

RJIFDeh.jpg

(on the left, the bricks 1x4 are teal, the plates 1x6 are medium azure)

I found the part selection interesting (especially since I didn't had a chance to go to a Lego store since before the start of the pandemic), I hope that all will return to normal soon so I can more easily go to that store which is located close to where I work (but until everybody is vaccinated, I only work from home).

Interesting parts... the PaB wall looks different from the usual Lego Stores

It looks as though the LEGO gods have finally answered us Ninjago City fan’s prayers. I’ve seen the 1x2 trans light blue tiles have shown up on the Wall in some countries, Germany & now UK I believe.

Can anyone report how widely released these parts have been? Trying to gauge how hopeful I should be to see them make their way over here. :laugh: