ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

3 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I just discovered this thread and I think it deserves a revival since last message was from December 2019. 

:oh: EB pandemic time capsule.

6 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

EB pandemic time capsule.

This comment itself will be a time capsule in ten years time when the thread is next dug up! :pir-wench:

I'm missing the PaB wall, that was fun.

I used to go to the store for that at least one or two times a year.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:03 PM, antp said:

I'm missing the PaB wall, that was fun.

I used to go to the store for that at least one or two times a year.

It is still closed for you? Where do you live?

here they just allowed us to fill our own cups again. The section is fenced, one person at a time can go in. There is a desinfected scoop and no hands allowed on the bricks. It’s a little hard to optimize but it felt good to fill my own cup. Max 15 minutes per person. 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:05 PM, Grover said:

@Megbricks you have a great selection there!  That's one of the best walls I've ever seen!

They added new stuff so I went back :)

50978989406_dc867d15d5_b.jpg50979097787_2ca340be57_b.jpg50978285643_32da63a9d1_b.jpg50978989396_64526aa43c_b.jpg

Edited by Megbricks

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

@Megbricks That's a lot of orange heads.  Nice haul.  May I ask what your going to use them for.  

Probably just display them in a jar in my lego room. At least until I find a use for them. 

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

Probably just display them in a jar in my lego room. At least until I find a use for them. 

Got ya.  I thought maybe you had a certain build in mind.  I will be going to the local lego store next week to pick up some monkie kid and ninjago sets hopefully the wall has some good parts.  

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Got ya.  I thought maybe you had a certain build in mind.  I will be going to the local lego store next week to pick up some monkie kid and ninjago sets hopefully the wall has some good parts.  

🤞

i will wait for the Valentine BAM to arrive (finally) at my store to go back. I need more sand green 1x4 and 1x6

On 2/25/2021 at 12:40 PM, Megbricks said:

I live in Brussels and I was visiting the store in Lille a few times a year, when going in that area for shopping / traveling, but with the restrictions we didn't go there since end of 2019.

No idea if the store is open or not though, I guess that at some moments it was closed depending on the restrictions in France.

Edited by antp

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You may call me crazy but I don’t know waht is PAB. 

Pick-a-brick!

Does anyone know how many 1by 3 bricks you can fit into a large PAB cup and is getting 1 by 4 bricks in dark turquoise worth it in a PAB cup?

On 2/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, Megbricks said:

here they just allowed us to fill our own cups again. The section is fenced, one person at a time can go in. There is a desinfected scoop and no hands allowed on the bricks. It’s a little hard to optimize but it felt good to fill my own cup. Max 15 minutes per person. 

They added new stuff so I went back :)

50978989406_dc867d15d5_b.jpg50979097787_2ca340be57_b.jpg50978285643_32da63a9d1_b.jpg50978989396_64526aa43c_b.jpg

How many turquoise bricks were you able to get?

I just did a quick test and got 289 1x3 bricks in a cup.  That was without the lid.  So 300 seems reasonable - maybe a few more.

Edited by dlmorgan999

46 minutes ago, dlmorgan999 said:

I just did a quick test and got 289 1x3 bricks in a cup.  That was without the lid.  So 300 seems reasonable - maybe a few more.

Thank you so much! Just 1 question, did you stack the bricks or just put all of them together?

I think that when you stack them better ,you could probably get 50 -60 more then. Not a bad deal then to get a cup full of light bluish grey and dark bluish grey bricks!

Edited by Adrial

7 hours ago, Adrial said:

Does anyone know how many 1by 3 bricks you can fit into a large PAB cup and is getting 1 by 4 bricks in dark turquoise worth it in a PAB cup?

I will count and get back to you

6 hours ago, Adrial said:

Thank you so much! Just 1 question, did you stack the bricks or just put all of them together?

Right now the only option is to use a scoop and to Shake it.

10 hours ago, Adrial said:

So i just filled a cup randomly like I did in store full of turquoise 1x4. I counted 198 and a few more could have gone in. But just for the fun of it the turquoise 1x4 is 0,22$cad on B&P and a large PAB cup is 19,99$cad. So my cup was worth 43,56$cad. 

3 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Right now the only option is to use a scoop and to Shake it.

Where I live, we are not yet allowed to fill our own cups at all. 

Sometimes if we are lucky we get to fill our cups but the $25 cost for a big cup doesn’t make the wall attractive when you can’t fill it yourself

13 hours ago, dlmorgan999 said:

It’s new here form last week. 

12 hours ago, Adrial said:

Sometimes if we are lucky we get to fill our cups but the $25 cost for a big cup doesn’t make the wall attractive when you can’t fill it yourself

Here it still was because they were giving you a free scoop for each cup. I usually buy 4 cups and ended up with 1 1/2 free cup

On 3/2/2021 at 3:18 AM, dlmorgan999 said:

Well our stores aren't even open in the UK and won't be until April 12th.  Can't wait to go to Leicester Square then, as the largest LEGO store in the entire world.....

19 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Well our stores aren't even open in the UK and won't be until April 12th.  Can't wait to go to Leicester Square then, as the largest LEGO store in the entire world.....

Wait, let me check...oh yes, we don't have any Lego stores in Ireland at all. So your glass should be half full (if not your PAB cup)! 😆